Contact us

WorldVision Chat Box

Genesis

Such grandstanding with an absurd ad hominem, what is this supposed to achieve?
It's not trying to achieve anything, merely what I am getting from your posts.

If you bang your head against a wall just keep banging your head because if you turn around and keep going you will bang your head against the other wall. Disastrous logic, massive misrepresentation of my point as well.
I don't know what is so disastrous about my logic. In order for you to observe such "discrimination", you have to look at the results which are made up of combined, individual votes. Now, I can't really see how one can complain about how people vote, as it's their, and only their business. You may not be happy, frustrated, that is fine and understandable, but there is not much you can do about it.
Even If I was to agree with you on Western domination, it wouldn't have changed the fact that people will and should be allowed to vote for whatever they please.

Uto

Veteran
Saying people are being a bit fascist is just a bit of a stretch. Nobody has told you to shut up. If you post things on a public forum, expect people to respond to them?
Calling it fascist is a stretch, but wasn't meant seriously. Thought that was obvious. About the shutting up thing:

Ashley: A=1:"so please don't take that path with saying" B. Is a call for me to shut up about it. I did not like that part. I talk, because if I don't nothing will ever change.
I've done tons of editions in Asian countries, I know the frustration it can bring at times. I think most people are sympathetic to your frustrations, it's not fun not qualifying/doing badly and again, I know it (when I started out I went 1 for 14), but - and I'm not saying this is what you meant - there is a reasonable reading of your posts which would say you are suggesting people are acting in bad faith, or deliberately voting you down, or deliberately favouring certain countries for reasons other than their enjoyment of the song. I just want it to be 100% clear that none of those things are true.

Well I don't really care all that much about the actual results for Iran in particular. Might seem differently as the disappointment is the catalyst for the discussion, but the core matter is that it's just non-Western countries in general suffering this fate. Saudi Arabia is getting screwed as well, frankly it seems they have it worse. And yeah I do think quite some people quite heavily vote for their friends. Whether that's in bad taste is not for me to decide, I would also give tiebreakers to people I like more etc and if your friends send stuff you like more often there's just no way to discern what morals are applied. I just dislike the effects it has. I also do think some people deliberately vote me down. I saw proof of this, but frankly it's fine. It's not the matter at hand and it's not permanent. I've voted people down on purpose as well for something said or done. It's a game of justice played out in silence. None of us are saints. I won't pretend I am.

Uto

Veteran
Now, I can't really see how one can complain about how people vote, as it's their, and only their business. You may not be happy, frustrated, that is fine and understandable, but there is not much you can do about it.
Even If I was to agree with you on Western domination, it wouldn't have changed the fact that people will and should be allowed to vote for whatever they please.
Negotiation of how voting goes down and how this is seen is central to many discussions happening on this forum when the subject is ESC. Why should WV be any different? Because people like what, might be offended because it's their song and their votes? Fuck that. We can have silence when we die. People can vote however they want, I can say their voting is a bit shit. I'm not calling anyone out, simply describing patterns I see. I find it hard to believe that you actually seem to disagree with me.

Genesis

Negotiation of how voting goes down and how this is seen is central to many discussions happening on this forum when the subject is ESC.
There are so many different components when it comes to ESC (the most important one I think is money) that I wouldn't even compare the two.
Why should WV be any different? Because people like what, might be offended because it's their song and their votes? Fuck that. We can have silence when we die. People can vote however they want, I can say their voting is a bit shit. I'm not calling anyone out, simply describing patterns I see.

Regardless of your opinion on someone's taste and their voting, they are going to carry on and play the game however they want. Calling someone's voting shit may not be nice, and at the same time is not going to change anything. I'm trying to understand whether it's just spoken up frustration, or its a call for action. If the latter is true, then I can't see you being too successful on the matter; I believe in order for such "agenda" to succeed is to change the player base to one closer to your taste. I'm saying that because, again, you don't have any power to suddenly influence people to start to vote in a different way.

I find it hard to believe that you actually seem to disagree with me.
And why is that?

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Ashley: A=1:"so please don't take that path with saying" B. Is a call for me to shut up about it. I did not like that part. I talk, because if I don't nothing will ever change.

That's your assumption, I never once said or meant for you to shut up. I just didn't want you to take yourself down the rabbit hole, but whatever take it as you like and do as you like. If I wanted you to shut up, i'd have straight up told you to shut up. So don't put words in my mouth and make out I said something I didn't. I didn't particularly like your uncalled for snide comment about my qualification rate and referring to my entries as middle of the road pop but oh well, I wont make a thing of it.

Uto

Veteran
I believe in order for such "agenda" to succeed is to change the player base to one closer to your taste. I'm saying that because, again, you don't have any power to suddenly influence people to start to vote in a different way.

This is probably true, but at least I've said what I had to say and it's off my chest. And as stated before, it's not about my taste, it's about people being more considerate of their biases when voting. My taste is all over the place, last WV I completed a full pot bingo.
And why is that?
Because you care. You might think this a weak reply at first glance, it's not, because it holds true whether you actually do agree or not.

Last edited:

Uto

Veteran
That's your assumption, I never once said or meant for you to shut up. I just didn't want you to take yourself down the rabbit hole, but whatever take it as you like and do as you like.

Means the same thing to me. If you think that there's a particular difference I don't see it.
If I wanted you to shut up, i'd have straight up told you to shut up. So don't put words in my mouth and make out I said something I didn't.

I don't think I put words in your mouth, I simply summarize them to what their conclusion is. I say X, you say please don't say X. You don't want me to speak about a certain thing. You want me to shut up about it. What is there to speak about really? This line of reasoning is solid.
I didn't particularly like your uncalled for snide comment about my qualification rate and referring to my entries as middle of the road pop but oh well, I wont make a thing of it.
Was a joke. If this was felt as particularly egregious I made a miscalculation.

Genesis

This is probably true, but at least I've said what I had to say and it's off my chest. And as stated before, it's not about my taste, it's about people being more considerate of their biases when voting. My taste is all over the place, last WV I completed a full pot bingo.

When I mentioned taste I didn't only mean your musical taste, but the whole idea of how you feel about the contest and how should it be done. So basically I meant people that are being more considerate of their biases when voting.
Personally, it's is not a matter of disagreement. In some points, I do actually agree with you. I'm sure everyone at some point said "why this has qualified" or "why this didn't", or "this is so overrated". As much as I may think that sometimes results are being unjust, what I put above all of this is the freedom that people should have when it comes to voting. I'm sure that you appreciate the fact that no one has told you are not allowed to speak your mind, and vote according to your personal "taste" (again, doesn't mean only what you like). You are free to play the game the style that suits you most (and is fair with the rules). The same applies to the rest of us. We may not agree on everything, and like the same things, but we also should be allowed to have this freedom when it comes to playing and voting.
And again, it is not so much about disagreement, but thinking of what comes first, and what is more important. Matter of looking on this subject from a different perspective.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

cegs5

My fav hands down is Nino Bravo - Libre xbow
Hoping for some more Spanish classics someday.

Dani Martin, Rosalía and LODVG entries were also top (y)

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
🔥 Olga what a selection of pure hits. It's impossible to pick but Hijos Del Verbo Amar, Muevelo & Ojos Asi are noteable for sure. So many robberies though.

JSSArcos

Youtube is going to block my video everywhere because of two or three songs :cautious: so let's try Vimeo
Edit: And... lol, I realised I missed one song that I'll add in the next update :whistle:

Which one is your favourite?

TOP 10

1-SHADE - IRRAGGIUNGIBILE feat. FEDERICA CARTA (Lazio)
2- SHADE - AMORE A PRIMA INSTA (Lazio)
3- María José Llergo - Me Miras Pero No Me Ves (Spain
4- Furious Monkey House - Lluvia (Spain
5- Ludovico Einaudi - Life (Piedmont)
6- Débler - Adictium (Spain)
7- Mägo de Oz - La costa del silencio (Spain)
:8: Aitana, Cali Y El Dandee - + (Spain)
:10: ANKOR - Shhh... I'm Not Gonna Lose It (Spain)
:12: La Oreja de Van Gogh - Abrázame (Spain)

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Lovely video @Ausesken xheart I have been trying to do something similar but got disheartened by imovie limitations. That text you've used looks so pretty.

12. Nino Bravo - Libre
10. Nino Bravo - Un beso y una flor
08. Maria Jose Llegro - Me miras pero no me ves
07. Dani Martin - Que Bonita la vida
06. Shakira - O jos asi
05. Gloria Trevi, Alejandra Guzman - Cuando un hombre te enamora
04. Debler - Adictium
03. Rosalia, J Balvin Feat. El Guincho - Con altura
02. Ludovico Einaudi - Life
01. Furious Monkey House - Lluvia

Quite predictably my two favourites are your Nino Bravo songs. I was hosting when you sent Libre. I knew how special that song was to you and so I made sure Spain were announced as the first qualifier at the results show. It's so beautiful. I think Me miras pero no me ves might have been the song I awarded 12 points to if my memory hasn't failed me. That was super experimental and fascinating. Very underrated.

Ausesken

@RainyWoods both Nino Bravo's songs are very special to me :love: thank you for avoiding my suffering :lol:
If you can't make your history in one video, just make several videos. I love these recaps xheart

Top Bottom