Contact us

WorldVision Chat Box

John1

Genuinely asking to everyone: when you compete as a region/city of a specific country (i.e. Moscow, Götaland, Western USA and so on...), how do you manage to find lots of artists who were born/originate from this specific place/area?

I've been trying to do so with my future switch a.k.a. ::brit and it's proven quite difficult. Anyone might help? xheart

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Genuinely asking to everyone: when you compete as a region/city of a specific country (i.e. Moscow, Götaland, Western USA and so on...), how do you manage to find lots of artists who were born/originate from this specific place/area?

I've been trying to do so with my future switch a.k.a. ::brit and it's proven quite difficult. Anyone might help? xheart
For me it helps that I am actually from the region I play with. :lol:

But for ::brit, I'd recommend Nolwenn Leroy, Cécile Corbel and Dan Ar Braz!

John1

For me it helps that I am actually from the region I play with. :lol:

But for ::brit, I'd recommend Nolwenn Leroy, Cécile Corbel and Dan Ar Braz!
I'm actually from Brittany myself, which is why I kinda feel ashamed already lmao. Thanks for these recommended acts though, I love them all, since I've basically grown up with them being played in my living room all the time. xheat

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Ah, the big question. I can tell you a few things about it, Shikoku and Tohoku have been the bane of my existence recently.
For Japanese regions, I usually scout on YT to see if I stumble across something I like, look up the artist, and pray for them to not be from Kanto or Kansai. At some point, I also looked for [insert region/district/city] artist on last.fm. It worked well in the sense I got a list but most were old or very popular stuff I already knew about.
On Wikipedia I also search for https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Singers_from_[insert city]

For France though, you probably already did, but I'd suggest googling "artiste brestois/rennais/quimpérois/whatever else", and maybe add the genre you're looking for. There's good chance you'll stumble across local articles talking about their so-called musician geniuses.
Also, try to look up the guest list of local festivals. I reckon Brittany has quite a few. You have the advantage of the language, so you'll be able to dig deeper.

I know it's not as easy as it seems though. Those who want to be successful in music usually go to Paris, and their origin is not always listed in articles or Wikipedia.

John1

Ah, the big question. I can tell you a few things about it, Shikoku and Tohoku have been the bane of my existence recently.
For Japanese regions, I usually scout on YT to see if I stumble across something I like, look up the artist, and pray for them to not be from Kanto or Kansai. At some point, I also looked for [insert region/district/city] artist on last.fm. It worked well in the sense I got a list but most were old or very popular stuff I already knew about.
On Wikipedia I also search for https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Singers_from_[insert city]

For France though, you probably already did, but I'd suggest googling "artiste brestois/rennais/quimpérois/whatever else", and maybe add the genre you're looking for. There's good chance you'll stumble across local articles talking about their so-called musician geniuses.
Also, try to look up the guest list of local festivals. I reckon Brittany has quite a few. You have the advantage of the language, so you'll be able to dig deeper.

I know it's not as easy as it seems though. Those who want to be successful in music usually go to Paris, and their origin is not always listed in articles or Wikipedia.
Merci beaucoup pour ton aide xheart It will prove very helpful hopefully

Uto

Veteran

Make shortlists on YouTube roughly by genre. Click everything. If decent and Breton add to shortlist. Let YouTube recommend you stuff. Check out if the artists you are looking for have interviews that mention new leads. Click everything. Also, if the songs are on a channel by a label, check the label. If they work with other artists, check out who they are. Follow every lead. Click everything. Check out local festivals, they often have local acts make up the numbers. Someone who was a bit shit in 2020 might be good by now. Click everything. Quantity goes over quality when scouting. You can listen to 500 songs for a shortlist of 20 or 50 songs for a shortlist of 25. This does not matter, you are sending the 5-10 best songs and you need to find them. Click everything.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
200w.gif

FLAG UPDATE

::xinj XINJIANG
::xinj :xinj:

::mazo MAZOVIA
::mazo :mazo:

John1

Since WV is widely different from what I used to know then, how do you think this entry would do nowadays?

FYI, this was an entry I NQed with a few years ago. xcry

esc87fan

Since WV is widely different from what I used to know then, how do you think this entry would do nowadays?

FYI, this was an entry I NQed with a few years ago. xcry

I sent one of her songs to NSC a long while back ("Progress") and NQ'd. Japanese pop is pretty hit or miss these days

Uto

Veteran
Japanese pop is pretty hit or miss these days

Keep believing this. I tested the hypothesis and it's an infohazard. Life now has meaning and I'm afraid of death.

Grinch

What's the point of followers/following thing on this forum? I just found out I have 20+ followers and I am following 2 people. Like when did that happen?

Uto

Veteran
What's the point of followers/following thing on this forum? I just found out I have 20+ followers and I am following 2 people. Like when did that happen?
I would guess these people see it when you write something on your profile or whatever, I have no idea what other use case there is for this.

EDIT: I just saw there is this thing called a 'news feed' when I click my avatar top right. Mine is empty and it says I need to follow people to fill it. Obviously I don't like dipshit machines telling me what to do, I'm not a slave, so this situation will go unremedied.

WorldVision

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
WELCOME TO OUR NEW MOD!

With the departure of Alevender we needed to find a replacement for him in the team and while there was some discussions at who it could possibly be, we decided to internally choose from a group of people we all considered to be responsible and full members of our community. With that said, we'd like to extend a huge huge welcome to the newest member of the Worldvision Mod team:

@dragvision

We're thrilled to have you join our team, I'm sure it's going to be great. xcheer

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
* Read the title *

WTF these dipshits didn't consult me at all!!!

Ngl I saw the title and was about to go throw a fit in the mod discord, then i read a little more and realised 🤣

JamieBrown

"...you have to observe 1 full edition (183) and then we will send you a message with which steps to make next. In the meantime just sit back and wait. :D "

Still waiting ;)

To make it clear: I barely got the time to check the forum as soon as the easter holidays started until now, so only time to send in a possible entry to WV184 was Friday/Saturdayish. Still I thought I can only enter as soon as the mods contact me

Top Bottom