Contact us

WLSC Congratulations 2 in Adelland - Results Show - from page 8

AdelAdel

TZJ9H61.jpg

Welcome to the 2nd edition of Congratulations hosted by Adelland!

18 nations which have been active participants in the previous 20 editions have come to Adelland to present their great songs once again!

The final will be broadcast by the public broadcaster, Adel TV, and hosted by the one and only...

Mr. Iotap IOTAP

...with the help of his assistants, the Xcheer brothers xcheer xcheer

Without further ado, let's get this show on the road xbike

Send your votes to me (AdelAdel) by PM
Deadline is in the title, good luck everyone! xcheer xcheer

Votes confirmed from: Vylkuzeme, Srivijaya, United Huts of Haustor, Bigicia, Chess Land, Lithia, SmileyLand, Trash Canyon, Moisantia, SR Indiria, Impressland, Adelland, Land of Angels, Biflovatia, Trollheimr, Oussouland, Denmark of Peace, Zumkotzen​

nekoisneko

Re: WLSC Congratulations 2 in Adelland - The Show - Deadline - 11th May - 23:59 CET

Great show Adelita xcheer xup xcheer

the host xrofl2

xcheer Mr.IOTAP xcheer

as78

Re: WLSC Congratulations 2 in Adelland - The Show - Deadline - 11th May - 23:59 CET

Really nice show, Adel! xcheer Well done! xup
...and great hosts! xcheer xrofl2
I see excellent choices from some nations! xheart

Impressive

Banned

This is awesome attractive show Adel! xheart

as78

...and sorry if sometimes I'm nitpicking to using specific letters (as with macrons). If it's not posiible in this font then O.K. but
Impressland's song correct title is: Esi Man Klāt

AdelAdel

...and sorry if sometimes I'm nitpicking to using specific letters (as with macrons). If it's not posiible in this font then O.K. but
Impressland's song correct title is: Esi Man Klāt

I know this, but unfortunately no font I wanted to use had this letter in the database. When I tried to copy the title directly from youtube, it just created a blank space.

as78

I know this, but unfortunately no font I wanted to use had this letter in the database. When I tried to copy the title directly from youtube, it just created a blank space.

It's O.K. then. In this case, it does not change the meaning.

But sometimes it can really change everything...
Imagine if the title of the song would be 'Manas Kāzas' - 'My Wedding' (so close theme for you). If you type 'Manas Kazas', it means 'My Goats'. xrofl3

CypriotGirl

Veteran

Great show! But most nations chose my least favorite of them IOTAP (But some chose my favorite from them xlove)

It's O.K. then. In this case, it does not change the meaning.

But sometimes it can really change everything...
Imagine if the title of the song would be 'Manas Kāzas' - 'My Wedding' (so close theme for you). If you type 'Manas Kazas', it means 'My Goats'. xrofl3

OMG :lol:

But there are fonts that don't make it possible to use that letters, it happened to me while making recaps, if I choose a font that doesn't include these letters it just leaves a blank space. In banners, though, you can put a line in text and place it above the letter xthink

Btw, similar meanings happen if there is a Greek word written with latin letters, because they are without accent marks and different letters. For example, the word "stisi" is the gerund of the verb "stino" which means "I set up". A word that sounds the same and thus written by people in latin letters again "stisi" means "erection". In Greek, they are written very differently but pronounced the same :lol:

Impressive

Banned

Btw, similar meanings happen if there is a Greek word
Oh....

theditz83

Veteran

Great show! But most nations chose my least favorite of them IOTAP (But some chose my favorite from them xlove)

Yeah, I thought that too. Very few favourites from what I can see. xthink

Thanks for the show Adel! xup

CypriotGirl

Veteran

Yeah, I thought that too. Very few favourites from what I can see. xthink

Thanks for the show Adel! xup

But yours xlove I gave 12 points to other entries of you and that one got only 10, but the one you sent is maybe my favorite, I still listen to it xlove

theditz83

Veteran

I was unsure whether to send Born For This, Curtain Call or Devotion, but since Born For This still means such a massive amount to me lyrically (it's pretty much my motivational song whenever I feel down or unsure) I had to go with it. :)

Your choice wasn't the one I would've gone for, but I do remember it fondly ;)

nofuxCZ

Very nice show Adel! :)

I wanted to send Pendulum or Damien Rice but I couldn't because of that NSC rule xshrug

EurovisionSmile

Veteran

Very good show and banners! xcheer BSC (BroadcasterSmileChannel) is happy to be in Adelland for the very first time to participate in this special edition! xheya

Good luck, Adel! xup

And xqueenbitch is happy to meet IOTAP! xrofl2

Mozz

Hmm, I see that you like rainbows, Adel....

AdelAdel

Hmm, I see that you like rainbows, Adel....

Rainbows? xstars

The official theme is "Colors Of The World" :D

Mozz

Rainbows? xstars

The official theme is "Colors Of The World" :D

Oh sure :lol: :mrgreen:

I think ES knows what I mean :D

Mozz

The original version of my entry is probably a bit too long for most people (with a musical intro of over 2 minutes) (The Cure - Pictures Of You - YouTube), so here's a second version, an official radio-friendly edit:

This is my oldest entry; most of you haven't seen it yet in WLSC (only Chessland, Bigicia, Moisantia, SR Indiria, Haustor and Denmark Of Peace have seen it before).

Top Bottom