Contact us

WLSC 249 on Balearica Island - Winner revealed on page 4!

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
WLSC doesn't follow any rules aside from the very basic and the majority rolls with it as it has managed just fine for years like this. It is healthy, change would only increase the risk of harm.
All the current non-registered WL nations had been at some point anyway, it's not that problematic. If one day comes when they'll overload the contest then maybe rules should be changed, but as of now it's no necessary.

On the topic, as it's a forum-based contest for future editions we can't really have banned members. As Sween already sent an entry though I'm willing to accept it as their last dance.

Last edited:

Tinchey

WLSC doesn't follow any rules aside from the very basic guidelines (ie, vote in time - don't send previous WLSC entries - don't send ESC entries - artists should appear once per edition) and the majority rolls with it as it has managed just fine for years like this.
All the current non-registered WL nations were at some point anyway, it's not that problematic. If one day comes when they'll overload the contest then maybe rules should be changed, but as of now it's no necessary.

On the topic, as it's a forum-based contest for future editions we can't really have banned members. As Sween already sent an entry though I'm willing to accept it as their last dance.
I however speak from the point of a WLSC veteran, being in the conest basically from it's inception. The whole thing about being inclusive to anyone was made as I understood just so the contest could survive. But what is the point of keeping this format of contest for WLers if the WLers are not even close to making up a majority.
Last edition with the ban of Mira and SF had a total of 3 active WLers.

Grinch

There is literally no rule in WLSC, like underground cage fighting. That's the beauty of it. So Sween can take part from now on or just vote in this edition. However I doubt it will happen. Honestly If I was banned, I wouldn't like to be a part of anything on this forum.

theditz83

Veteran
Yeah, it's got nothing to do with being on the WL or not, it's more to do with the fact that being banned from the forum will mean these people won't have a clear method for being involved in the shows. I get that other members can communicate the show contents and links for LLs etc, but what about voting?

Like Gaëlle said, I just don't see a valid method for people that aren't members of this forum to fully take part in the contest.

Fierro

We already had members permanently banned on forum participating in other major contest, so I see no problem here. The question is... is there any motivation left for both SwedishFailurez and Mira.

Ewigkeit

Veteran
I honestly believe that this forum should be a safe space for all its members, so I don't think it'd be appropriate to have permanently-banned members who had gained unauthorized access to moderator accounts (as it was announced by an admin on Friday) and created duplicate accounts to take part in contests with multiple countries (as confirmed by the member himself yesterday) in one of the forum's most reputable and long-standing contests as participants. I'd feel very uncomfortable having to compete along with these participants.

Last edited:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
A little late to the party but I generally have to agree that people who aren't on the forum, and are in fact perma banned shouldn't necessarily take part - especially considering what has transpired. Tbh i'm not too bothered either way if he takes part in the end one last time, but as a mod I don't think it's possible to support something that circumvents an admin decision and provides a passage to forum activity.

As for rules around WLSC, I guess some basic rules are fine but I think part of the charm is that it is so deregulated. It's just something chill and fun that has little to no consequence. From my perspective, I have withdrawn from NSC but I hope to still take part in WLSC time to time (as no rule prevents me), if it becomes a problem for people however, or rules change then I will happily step back from that.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
oh we're going WC songs? Don't make me change my entry.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Nah, stand your ground buddy haha

You mean to say WLSC wouldn't welcome the effervescent tones of 'It's coming home' ??? :lol:

Don't worry, hell would need to freeze over first. Unless it was ofc that one Danish bop @Gera11 knows.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I'm one of those who's doing a full boycott of the current WC, so no. I can assure you there won't be a WC theme this edition. ;)
Actually I am as well, I wasn't serious. :lol: Generally I don't care a whole lot about Football so ignoring it is easy

Uto

Veteran
I honestly believe that this forum should be a safe space for all its members, so I don't think it'd be appropriate to have permanently-banned members who had gained unauthorized access to moderator accounts (as it was announced by an admin on Friday) and created duplicate accounts to take part in contests with multiple countries (as confirmed by the member himself yesterday) in one of the forum's most reputable and long-standing contests as participants. I'd feel very uncomfortable having to compete along with these participants.
I don't really see why your opinion would matter. You knew about this for months and never said a word. Only after you and your cronies Hiji and Deniz were booted by SF from a Discord server with like half of WV in there by popular demand for spouting absolute vile Putin propaganda for weeks did you seek revenge. While SF clearly deserved a ban for his transgressions vis-a-vis the forum he was ultimately betrayed by people he thought were partners in crime. It is purely within this context that your opinion should be read. Your search for vengeance against SF is comical. SF came clean, told us what he did, accepted justice being served and while his ban stands he has received plenty of support. He will still be our friend and a person we care for deeply. We shall support him as he supports us.

You however, you have burned all bridges.

Is this how you seek to live?

Top Bottom