Contact us

WLSC 249 on Balearica Island - Winner revealed on page 4!

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
Winter is coming. But on Balearica Island, snow and ice can only be found in freezers and in indoor halls. The year is a neverending summer down here. Following the win of Kalush Orchestra and The Rasmus in L last edition, we invite you to a winter beach party in Niavara and San Antonio Harbour. :D Niavara has some of the best beaches you can find, the neighbor city of San Antonio Harbour is the home of some of the best clubs in all of Natia. Let's party! xdance

Schedule:
Confirmation period: 1.12.-8.12. (23:59 CET, but I'll leave it open until I'm home from work the next day)
Voting period: 9.12.-16.12. (23:59 CET, but again, will be left open until I wake up the next day)
Results: 17.12. (unless there are loads of votes coming the last day, in which case I might need an extra day)

WL nations, roster nations, former WL and roster nations: Welcome! :D

Last edited:

Morty

Reversed post

::bal WAITING LIST SONG CONTEST 249 ::bal

We are kicking off the show with the reason we're all gathered on Balearica Island this edition.
Kalush Orchestra & The Rasmus - In The Shadows Of Ukraine, winners of WLSC 248:

Ferret show:

Send your votes to me. :)

DDL: 16. DEC 23:59 CET
(+an extra 12 hours for late voters since I won't be making/finishing the results show until the next day)

Enjoy the show everyone! :D

Voted:
::bal ::mor ::oos ::end ::pyr ::moi ::bel ::nbs ::tad ::rah
Konthena - Lo'Paia - Sween - L - Fierraria - SHB - Nauthinia Vallis - Akatsuki - Utopolis​

Last edited:

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
slw2.png

Lacuna Coil - End of Time

It's not the most original entry I've sent, but you have no idea how much I've obsessed over this song in the past weeks. Peak Edweisian taste here.​

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
6EeYbFn.png

MISHA MILLER X SASHA LOPEZ
MAHALA

theCONWEL

WorldVision & OM Mod
Staff member
≋≋ ::tad Tamausia & Deltannor ::tad ≋≋
Marissa & Jhn McFly - Telephone

theditz83

Veteran
The obvious thing to send to a ::bal edition would be the biggest hardstyle anthem to properly scorewhore the host... But that feels too obvious.

So in my post-F1 depression, I figure this will help to add some more variety, while also satisfying my longing for those Sunday races and hopefully still giving at least the host a little kick ;)

::moi MOISANTIA WLSC 249 ::moi
Brian Tyler - Formula 1 Theme (Live)

Morty

The obvious thing to send to a ::bal edition would be the biggest hardstyle anthem to properly scorewhore the host... But that feels too obvious.
What's wrong with obvious? ;) Don't worry, I'll be taking care of the hardstyle this edition. :)

A question for whoever knows the answer: What should I do about the Sween entry now that SwedishFailurez appears to have been banned? Eliminate them (pun intended), or keep them in the show?

theditz83

Veteran
Omg, I saw the announcement, but didn't think any of the crew here would be affected.

I'd say that if they aren't going to be able to vote then there's no point in them being featured in the edition sadly.

Mira has been banned as well xfaint

Last edited:

Uto

Veteran
What's wrong with obvious? ;) Don't worry, I'll be taking care of the hardstyle this edition. :)

A question for whoever knows the answer: What should I do about the Sween entry now that SwedishFailurez appears to have been banned? Eliminate them (pun intended), or keep them in the show?
SF can vote through me. Ultimately though such a situation can not stand forever and given what SF has been deemed guilty of we won't see Sween ever again. I think perhaps as a long time asset to the contest we should allow him his swan song. It is however up to you, if removed from this edition I would be mildly disappointed but I would understand the decision.

Fierro

FIERRARIA 249

Ship Her Son x Паліндром - Все не так погано
Ship Her Son x Palindrom - Vse ne tak pogano

Morty

SF can vote through me. Ultimately though such a situation can not stand forever and given what SF has been deemed guilty of we won't see Sween ever again. I think perhaps as a long time asset to the contest we should allow him his swan song. It is however up to you, if removed from this edition I would be mildly disappointed but I would understand the decision.
Ok, if SF has a way to vote, then I can keep the entry. One last dance from Sween, and it's actually pretty fitting as well. But I'll wait and see if there are more opinions on this until the end of the confirmation period.

Tinchey

Ok, if SF has a way to vote, then I can keep the entry. One last dance from Sween, and it's actually pretty fitting as well. But I'll wait and see if there are more opinions on this until the end of the confirmation period.
Well rule 7.2 says:

2. A member may be banned from the contest and removed from the roster at the moderators’ discretion if he/she fails to comply with the contest rules or community guidelines.

However, it refers to roster not the waiting list (proving the rules are mainly directed towards the roster and not inclusive of the waiting list), therefore he may participate by proxy vote.

Furthermore, rule 2.6. says:

6. If the roster is full, new entrants may sign up for the waiting list (see below). If a new entrant wishes to join an existing nation as a co-juror, they must still go through the waiting list first.

It clearly states the distinction between the terms roster and waiting list.

Section 2a then says (I will make bold the interesting part):

1. Members of the waiting list are applicant nations on queue to join the roster. A waiting list nation does not count as an official nation and does not have the same privileges as nations already on the roster.

2. Waiting list nations are promoted to the status of official nation when spots are available on the
roster. First application in line is given first priority.

(...)

4. Rest jury voting is optional. However, voting in the final’s waiting list jury is compulsory for waiting list members, unless they have participated and voted in at least two of the last three completed editions of the Waiting List Song Contest (a parallel contest taking place separately in an NSC sub-forum, hereinafter referred to as "WLSC"). Failure to do either of these leads to the application being taken down two positions on the list. Failure to do this for two consecutive editions leads to the application being removed from the list completely.

To conclude. There is no rule to:

1. Prevent them from participating in WLSC and to proxy vote as an WL nation as they do not have the privilege of being removed from the WL based on them being banned. It refers only to roster nations and as the WL rules do not mention anything about the member being banned for the breach of community guidelines the WL nation can be kept. The wording of the rule is problematic as it leaves this hole.

2. Remove them from the WL until they fail to vote twice (three times actually as both of them participated and voted in the 2 consecutive recent editions of WLSC)
which would by default mean that they would be able to keep their ranks on the Waiting List (with no rule preventing proxy vote) as the rule dictates roster nations not being able to participate if the community guidlines have been breached by the member resulting in forum ban. Ultimately, they would be stuck on the WL indefinitely.

@berlyda I don't think this is a matter for a vote, but maybe changes need to be made if I did read the rules correctly (I stand corrected if I missed something :)

@Morty However, I don't think we should be allowing proxy vote, not in this case.

Last edited:

Morty

@Tinchey There is also no rule saying you need to be on the WL to take part in the WLSC, so even if Sween was kicked off the WL, SF could still take part here. I am however wondering if SF is going to bother voting in a contest they can no longer be involved with. Also, Mira is in a similar situation here, but didn't send an entry before the ban. Should we let Sween participate and not Rehi Kaita, just because SF managed to post the entry before the ban? I'm leaning towards either both of them or none of them...

Tinchey

@Tinchey There is also no rule saying you need to be on the WL to take part in the WLSC, so even if Sween was kicked off the WL, SF could still take part here. I am however wondering if SF is going to bother voting in a contest they can no longer be involved with. Also, Mira is in a similar situation here, but didn't send an entry before the ban. Should we let Sween participate and not Rehi Kaita, just because SF managed to post the entry before the ban? I'm leaning towards either both of them or none of them...
Exactly, which is also one of my issues. Now when a WL nation is not required to vote in NSC to keep their place on the WL it makes little to no sense for a forum member to participate in WLSC without being on the WL.. that being said @Grinch for example could be on the WL but rule out future participation in NSC, which is a no-effort (on her side) rule induced thing.

WLSC really makes no sense to me when roster nations win or do good, it's like a limbo of anything goes principles, so if that is the case we might as well have two banned forum members participate. Heck, I'll invite my pets to participate from a different device.

Maybe we should make some WLSC rules on their own. I don't mind we have NSC nations as long as we require participants to be listed (whether it be on the roster or WL).

Top Bottom