Contact us

WLSC 237 in Moisantia ¿SOLVE THE RIDDLE GRIDDLE? - RESULTS APPROX 16:20CET

theditz83

Veteran
WLSC237-Promo.png

Confirm your participation by posting your entry in this thread or send to me in a private message.

DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES: FRI 11th MARCH, 18:00CET
JOIN US FOR THE LL (hosted by @iowacorn 11th MARCH @ 19:00CET - link to follow)

Confirmed: (21)
::bal Balearica Island
::moi Moisantia
::mor Mormadorei
::nbs New Bander State
::ous Oussou Empire
::pyr Pyreica
::rah Rahasia-Diati
::sol Solentoya
::svo Svobodnia
::tad Tamausia & Deltannor
::tuz Tuzi
Arva
Effiland
Fierraria
Griffin Empire
Låpøtré
Nauthinia Vallis
Öösingimäed
Rehi Kaita
Sween
Utopolis

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
xheya SHOW TIME xheya

Can you solve the riddle griddle?

Below are 21 riddles, each one relating to one of the participating nations.

Your task is to solve each riddle and click on the corresponding image in the griddle to listen to that nation's entry.

BUT WAIT - there are 27 images and only 21 riddles, how can that be? Well, we've added 6 sneaky red herrings into the griddle as well to try and catch you out. Each one of these red herrings links to a WLSC classic from the archives and NOT a valid WLSC 237 entry.

Once you've decided your Top 10 entries, send your votes in the usual ESC format in a private conversation to theditz83 stating either...
xmusic The Artist and Song, OR
xmusic The Image, OR
xmusic The Nation's name (if using the ferret show)

BUT BEWARE - only rankings that contain all WLSC 237 entries will be valid. Vote for a WLSC classic (red herring) and you'll get a reply to say your vote is invalid and you'll have to resubmit. But don't worry, we'll point out which ones have tripped you up ;)

Hopefully that makes sense - now let's get to the good stuff...

01.png
02.png

03.png
04.png

05.png
06.png

07.png
08.png

09.png
10.png

11.png
12.png

13.png
14.png

15.png
16.png

17.png
18.png

19.png
20.png

21.png

ferrets-puppy.jpg

Beware - major spoilers follow - only click if you want to spoil the riddles for yourself or just love ferrets!

VOTING DEADLINE: SATURDAY 19th MARCH @ 23:59CET

Voted so far:
Moisantia
Griffin Empire
Sween
Nauthinia Vallis
Svobodnia
Effiland
Solentoya
Mormadorei
Oussou Empire
Lapotre
Pyreica
Utopolis
New Bander State

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
::moi MOISANTIA WLSC 237 ::moi
Galantis x Lucas & Steve x Ilira - Alien
Which dancer are you? I'm 100% the girl with the rainbow tie-dye styled leotard swimsuit xheya

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
≋≋ ::tad Tamausia & Deltannor ::tad ≋≋
Hektor Mass & Raoul Vázquez - Caníbales

Let's just ignore the fact I've flopped every other time I've sent a song in Spanish x​

Barish

EFFILAND.png

#TurkishDelightEraContinues

We're back back back again with another Turkish song. This time with a more modern sound.

BURAKBEY - UYURGEZER*

Sleepwalker in English. But unfortunately I am not able to provide a full translation as the song is full of layers and layers of meanings and wordplays that make sense in Turkish but impossible to translate into English.

theditz83

Veteran
:unsure: First post has been updated with the banner promo for the show's theme with the tagline - Can you... ¿SOLVE THE RIDDLE GRIDDLE?

Curious?? You should be... more details to be revealed.

For now, some important news...

::moi MOISANTIA gratefully accepted a very kind offer from the ÖÖSINGIMÄED delegation yesterday to assist with the running of this edition. @iowacorn will be hosting a LL on the evening of Friday 11th March @ 19:00CET, so as a result I have brought forward the confirmation deadline by 3 hours (Fri 11th March @ 18:00) to allow time for the entries and links to all be checked and the playlist to be created for the LL.

We hope you can join us for the LL - the show will follow either later that evening or the morning of 12th March. xlove

Last edited:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
PVIUVBz.png

Jelena Rozga
Nasljednik

Was deciding between 2 entries, and couldn't decide. In the end a fairly obvious choice was made xx​

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
slw2.png

Go_A - Rano-ranenko

237 marks my 50th participation in WLSC, so I felt like celebrating with a special entry. Except I couldn't think of THE one that is important enough for me and could go well with the Pyreican line-up.
Go_A are my favorite discovery since I started following ESC. They have been my #1 two years in a row and represent everything I dream of in the contest. I knew I would send them one day in either WLSC or NSC, but I didn't want to do it soon after their participation. Given the circumstances though, I think it's pretty fitting.
:ua:

Uto

Veteran
//wlsc/:///\|://
//utopolis//

//redacted//
//is/riddle//

Last edited:
Top Bottom