Contact us

Live WLSC 195 in Szimbaya Kingdom /// The Show /// Result Show: 22. April at 18 CET ///

PopGeek

I did horribly again. Big surprise.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member

PopGeek

legends stay at the bottom sis!!!!! let's enjoy the flop together xheat
Easy for you to say, but I've been flopping for nearly 10 WLSC's straight. I started delving further into my real taste in music in more recent contests, and it has backfired horribly on my performance.

Agreed with theditz83 that Pyreica deserved way more love. This batch as a whole was one of the weaker ones imo, but "Believe" was one of the few highlights. It ranked in the bottom half pretty much entirely because of its genre, and that's pretty tragic.

Uto

Veteran
Because of a mistake in the Utopolis points, they are some changes in the end result. Sorry guys :oops:
Here are the correct result:
Shit happens, our Ministry of Diplomacy doesn't seem to mind it at all as long as action would be undertaken and it has. I mean, we can't have corrupt data in our systems.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Easy for you to say, but I've been flopping for nearly 10 WLSC's straight. I started delving further into my real taste in music in more recent contests, and it has backfired horribly on my performance.

Agreed with theditz83 that Pyreica deserved way more love. This batch as a whole was one of the weaker ones imo, but "Believe" was one of the few highlights. It ranked in the bottom half pretty much entirely because of its genre, and that's pretty tragic.
not kinda easy because i've been flopping hard as well. it's basically the second time in three editions that i avoided last because someone else didn't vote. and i've been near bottom most of the times.

i hope this doesn't discourage you to send what you like. i personally think your taste is amazing (just look how many times i gave you high scores) and i'm sure i'm not the only one here. hope you get the good result you deserve as soon as possible. xrose

Romeo

You think that is bad? When I was last in WorldVision I had an 18 edition run of non-qualifiers haha

Borderline

For me the result isn't really important in WLSC. I know my taste in music isn't everyone's cup of tea and I'm ok with that.

My entry for the upcoming edition is VERY VERY different. It could either flop really bad or win the whole thing! xpolice xheya

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

First, thank you the support you're giving to Believe, I'm really glad some of you enjoyed it as much as I did.
Many things can explain a flop, not only the genre, but I hope this won't prevent you from sending entries in accordance to your real taste in music. I know it might be hypocritical of me to say, last time I may have given you 5 points this time I didn't. But I don't want you, or anyone for that matter, to force yourself to send songs you're not comfortable and happy with in order to get better results.
I understand it's a complicated question, all of us more or less struggle with sending the best entry in terms of personal taste and potential results. But I'm sure it could work, even with songs you might expect to flop

Uto

Veteran
Lesson 1: When you send something you like the results are often going to be a bit disappointing because your taste is your own and often doesn't translate well.

In the case of Believe, I marked it down heavily because of iffy vocals, shoddy production values in the given version and the lack of a strong distinctive vocal melody that could solidify its case (like Bananarama has, but which also didn't score points from me because the production is just silly). It was not because of a 'genre', but this might have been a reason for others.

Rmetr0

Congrats, Arkodrë!!! :D
Sadly, it was my :0: because this song from Ava did not impress me as much as her previous ones and it was a large and (as it always happens) simultaneously very hot edition, so it was hard to give points to all the songs I liked, as I said before. But still, I do enjoy this song and it's no doubt a totally deserved victory! xup

And... oh my gooooooooosh xfaintxfaintxfaint
That top-5 xheat with this song... that's like the biggest surprise for me ever in WLSC xshock1:
I was expecting to finish... in the middle of the bottom I guess :lol:

Thank you, my dear lovelies xlove xlove xlove
:12: Griffin Empire
:10: Szimbaya Kingdom, Tybalteva
:8: Arkodrë ::bai
:7: ::ous ::tan
:6: ::ros
:2: ::moi
:1: Nurdia

Couple more things I wanted to say:

::sol @AshleyWright dat :0: exchange tells everything xbeee x

Griffin Empire @randajad :12: exchange? xshock1: Whaaaaaaaaat? How is that even possible? :LOL:
Okay, let's see how it goes next and maybe then... we can think about forming a voting block :lol: Love ya xheart
And btw, shoud've been way higher! IOTAP

::nbs @ferret I've been doing some stats and I've noticed that you'd been giving me points in every single edition of WLSC we together participated in. So this time it was your first :0: for ::svo. And now I have just one question for you... HOW DARE YOU RUIN MY STATS!!!!111
:lol: Okay, I'm joking ofc :lol: Love ya actually xheart And actually surprised how many points we exchanged there, because our tastes are... ehem slightly different :lol:

Btw, stats are coming very soon in ::svo thread :D

ferret

@Rmetr0
We suggest that you consider separately the vote of the NBS and our islanders...Then everything will remain at its best! :cool:

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Wooo congrats Arkodrë! xcheer xcheer I've only given it 7 points because this edition was extra hot and in a weaker edition it would've been my twelve. Shame she's born in Wisconsin, too far from my WV region :lol:

Thank you so much for 10th place!
10 Baia Papaya xheat Hot 10 exchange
08 Solentoya
06 Tanoiro, Neajlovia, Utopolis
05 Oussou Empire
03 Pyreica, Tybalteva
02 Arkodrë, Griffin Empire
xheart xheart

And great job hosting, marc xclap Szimbaya gives me high vampiric vibes with all the blood and red :lol:

Top Bottom