Contact us

Live WLSC 192 <> Guryjev, Svobodnia <> Results announced!

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Thanks for third!!!! Again getting a podium after 4324 years i could not believe it.

congrats ::ous for the hot win and miss raiven for such a hot debut

PopGeek

eurobeat is a gem of a genre that doesn't deserve the hate it gets and i't's my dream to see it in an eurovision nf anytime soon. you were super robbed and i'll help you in your mission anytime soon (i've got some songs reserved for nsc and wlsc already x).
Hrmm, well it's gonna take more than just you and theditz to propel a eurobeat song to somewhere other than last place. There was apparently hardly an ounce of wiggle room for "I Just Wanna Find You", despite that song having a slower tempo and more of a pop leaning than the overtly over-the-top majority of eurobeat.

Out of pure curiosity, what specifically did y'all not like about "I Just Wanna You"? Was it mostly just the style and production, or was it more the song itself and its tone?

tuorem

Oh wow! Congratulations to Oussou Empire and @CypriotGirl for this undisputed victory :) No reason for Ava to be salty, she'd better perform as an interval act next edition.

I casually came here to check the results and second place happened? :oops: How unexpected and unreal! Thank you so much to all the nations who supported Melanie. xheart Although I got no ambition for a high position in the competition (Rambos Amadeus-style), I'm touched some of you appreciated "Rock Me", for it's a song that holds a special place in my heart. Also, I love the energy and fierceness of it.

This was an idyllic WLSC debut for Tybalteva, our viewers were thrilled as heck according to social media. Newspapers will be talking about it in the days to come and I expect the viewing rates to surge next edition.

Shout-out to Countess Ouatu @anaraqueen who completes the podium.

Finally, thank you so much @Rmetr0 for hosting the show xlove It was very neat and enjoyable!

Rmetr0

Thank you for hosting Rmetr0, for this wonderful large font on a black background! xup
It's actually transparent. That supposed to change everything :cool:

Out of pure curiosity, what specifically did y'all not like about "I Just Wanna You"? Was it mostly just the style and production, or was it more the song itself and its tone?
Personally, I liked your song and I thought I would give it some points, but the edition was very strong, so I did not manage to give points to all the songs (literally actually) I liked :(
Maybe the song itself was not enough for me in this case, I don't think it's the matter of style.

PopGeek

Personally, I liked your song and I thought I would give it some points, but the edition was very strong, so I did not manage to give points to all the songs (literally actually) I liked :(
Maybe the song itself was not enough for me in this case, I don't think it's the matter of style.
I mean yeah, like I said, this was an especially strong edition. Even the songs I didn't give points to myself I thought were quite good, and almost all of them surely would've ended up on my rankings in a more middle-of-the-road edition. So good job, y'all!

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Hrmm, well it's gonna take more than just you and theditz to propel a eurobeat song to somewhere other than last place. There was apparently hardly an ounce of wiggle room for "I Just Wanna Find You", despite that song having a slower tempo and more of a pop leaning than the overtly over-the-top majority of eurobeat.

I won't lie, I'm not a big fan of Eurobeat to begin with, the instru being too fast and high pitched for my taste, and on top of that I generally don't like the singers' voices.
I didn't dislike this one per se though, had it been a weaker selection it could have manage to enter my ranking.

PopGeek

I won't lie, I'm not a big fan of Eurobeat to begin with, the instru being too fast and high pitched for my taste, and on top of that I generally don't like the singers' voices.
The genre's reputation is certainly bogged down by a lot of cliches, so a lot of people view it as unpleasant and overwhelming. Amidst all the really brainless and formulaic tracks associated with the genre, there are also a small handful that take a few chances and put its energetic style to awesome use imo.

Top Bottom