Contact us

WLSC 185 - Garukkin, Nurdia - RESULTS SHOW HAPPENING NOW

PopGeek

5754c13604e1c76b407d8f984c434811-full.png

Welcome back to Nurdia! It's been a long time! :p

After our country's riveting first time hosting WLSC, the residents of Awingar are a bit weary from the heavy tourism, and so for our second go, the NCEV has decided to migrate the festivities to the city of Garukkin. Unlike the western tropical port of Awingar, Garukkin is situated on a plateau in the central northern region of Nurdia, close to the Canyōne border. Historically the capital of Ancient Nurdia, Garukkin is now the country's chief exporter of agriculture, minerals, and aircraft. Ethnic Canyōne comprise a plurality of the city's residents, though Nurdish, Italian, Slavic, and east African residents are also quite prominent.

In respones to growing pressure from social media, the NCEV has agreed to hand the hosting duties of this contest to Barvia Melani, a popular Canyōne-Nurdish activist and television personality. She currently stars as the titular character of Undercover Assailant, an acclaimed Netflix series not exported outside of Onchoagria about an anti-heroic superhero, compared frequently to Batman, but with several themes particular to Nurdish and Canyōne social politics.

Post your entries in this thread or PM them to me by October 17 at 23:59 CEST. The opening show is projected to take place on October 18, with a voting deadline of October 25.

Confirmed Participants:

Adamsburg
Tamausia & Deltannor
Nurdia
Tanoiro
Solentoya
Moisantia
Bigicia
Arva
Svobodnia
Oussou Empire
Zechonia
Belvist
New Bander State
Redwood Republic
Aclaira

PopGeek

Re: WLSC 185 - Garukkin, Nurdia - RESERVATION DEADLINE: OCT 17 23:59 CEST

Lights dim

Megaphone Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to WLSC 185. Please silence your phones. Emergency exists are located to the side. Please take the time to locate them. We ask that you please refrain from all flash photography. Thank you.

Timpani and trumpet fanfare; rapturous applause.

Megaphone Announcer: And now, please welcome your host for this evening’s ceremony, Barvia Melani!!

Applause. Barvia walks up to the central podium in the middle of the field.

Barvia Melani: Welcome to Garukkin! It brings me much pleasure to host the festivities on behalf of all of my great country’s peoples!

After visiting the capital and largest city of Nurdia, WLSC has now taken a train ride northeastward up the mountains to the Etsen Arena in Garukkin, the third largest city in the country and seat of Etsen County. Though not quite as gigantic as the Taveron Radic, the Etsen Arena is a grand monument regardless. It was once the palace of the Canyōne Confederacy in the 19th Century, but it has since been converted into a resort park. Its courtyard is now a large soccer field, where the Garukkin Jayhawks host their games.

To kick things off, we’ve invited Kim Sozzi, winner of WLSC 184, to perform her song “Feel Your Love”!

Kim Sozzi walks to the central podium, and an extravagant show commences.

Applause, especially from the Moisantian audience members.

Barvia Melani: Thank you, Kim, for your splendid performance! I now invite NCEV chairwoman Mia Goldman to the stage.

Rapturous applause as Mia walks up to the podium.

Mia Goldman: Accompanying each entry is a sketch of a Nurdish landmark, giving you a little more insight into the history of the country.

Barvia Melani: For our interval act, we've invited Sandra Lauer, coperformer of Nurdia's WLSC 183 entry, to sing her hit song "In the Heat of the Night", which also became the #1 song of 1986 in Nurdia.

Applause as Sandra walks up to the podium, suddenly transformed to look as she did in 1986. How? Don't know. Guess a wizard did it.

Long, enthusiastic applause.

Barvia and Mia: Without further ado, let’s begin!

Loud applause. Traditional Canyōne folk music plays in between each performance.

Barvia Melani: We just heard from all fifteen performers. Before the recap show, we want to just remind you all that in order to vote, you must rank all entries on the traditional 12-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 scale, with 12 being your favorite and 1 being your least favorite. Your bottom 4 entries, plus your own, will not earn any points.

Mia Goldman: Now for our recap show.

TEXT SHOW:

Mia Goldman: You all have until Saturday, October 27th at 23:59 CEST to vote! Please PM your votes to [MENTION=16348]PopGeek[/MENTION].

Barvia Melani: Thank you everyone for attending the opening ceremony! Please return next week for the results show, where the winner is crowned!

Barvia and Mia: Imeii Imaa, farewell!

Applause. Lights turn back on.

VOTED:
Zechonia
Adamsburg
Tanoiro
Svobodnia
Bigicia
Moisantia
Tamausia & Deltannor
Arva
New Bander State
Nurdia
Solentoya
Belvist
Aclaira
Oussou Empire
Redwood Republic

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

OLNYR3V.png

~~ Tamausia & Deltannor ~~
Tatianna - Hurt My Feelings

I'm back :mrgreen:

PopGeek

~WLSC 185~
Nurdia

Midnight Oil - The Dead Heart

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

wlsc-promo.png

theditz83

Veteran

::moi MOISANTIA WLSC 185 ::moi
Dinah Nah - Equivocal

Bit of a strange case here of an artist sharing a video premiere on their Facebook page and then never uploading it anywhere else. So I expect this might be found and taken down from my channel due to copyright, if so I'll provide an alternative audio only link ;)

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Woah Asiavision inspiring WLSC entries. Such is the power of that spin off.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

Woah Asiavision inspiring WLSC entries. Such is the power of that spin off.

Yes, Asiavision changed lives. Bigician citizens are now required to learn at least 5 Asian languages and throat sing from the age of 5.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Yes, Asiavision changed lives. Bigician citizens are now required to learn at least 5 Asian languages and throat sing from the age of 5.

I personally believe we should being this forward to the WLSC UN and make this a proper international Law. Everyone should fully know the wonders of Asia. Moranbong Band already helping with their hit entry 'Study'. Watching Asiavision is now mandatory by law in Solentoya.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

I personally believe we should being this forward to the WLSC UN and make this a proper international Law. Everyone should fully know the wonders of Asia. Moranbong Band already helping with their hit entry 'Study'. Watching Asiavision is now mandatory by law in Solentoya.

Wonderful idea. Moranbong Band are a national-wide sensation and the very reason every student powers through their day with such a hit like "Let's Study". Their song "We have a great Party" is also a great favourite of our king. Let's also not forget the brave Chongbong Band who makes such controversial statements like "February is spring"

Mrvn

arvaflagbod5c.png
Arva - WLSC #185
arvaflagbod5c.png

Ally Brooke & Matoma - Higher

Rmetr0

♦ WLSC 185 ♦
SVOBODNIA
Lawson - Standing in the Dark

zechhh