Winter Sports - Alpine Skiing, Cross-Country, Biathlon and more

Preuss

[MENTION=4395]Schlagerman1[/MENTION]

3 minutes it took for Therese to shake off some of her "toughest" competition

Schlagerman1

I mean, she races like it's 10k free skate lol
This is boring
she could at least wait a mile for the entertainment

Haha true, though I understand why she does it. She doesn't want to give the others any chances whatsoever to fight her on the finish line. Then she has to smack them right from the start. :lol:

Preuss

Haha true, though I understand why she does it. She doesn't want to give the others any chances whatsoever to fight her on the finish line. Then she has to smack them right from the start. :lol:

I know but FIS should tell her to wait
Bribe her with some cash to wait at least 15km before she starts the turbo
this is bad TV and not good for the already dying sport I'm afraid

Schlagerman1

I know but FIS should tell her to wait
Bribe her with some cash to wait at least 15km before she starts the turbo
this is bad TV and not good for the already dying sport I'm afraid

lol, well, thinking that she was away from 1,5 years, then I suppose money isn't enough, she just wants to win....everything. :lol:

Preuss

lol, well, thinking that she was away from 1,5 years, then I suppose money isn't enough, she just wants to win....everything. :lol:

That's true, I mean anything less but 4 gold medals this championship would've been a disappointment
What do you think about the Swedish "expert" Tomas Petterson? I find him pretty dumb at times

Schlagerman1

That's true, I mean anything less but 4 gold medals this championship would've been a disappointment
What do you think about the Swedish "expert" Tomas Petterson? I find him pretty dumb at times

Tomas Pettersson? :? I don't know who it is. :lol:

Schlagerman1

YAA Little Frida gets the bronze, absolutely fantastic! :D Being 19 years old and getting a gold, a silver and a bronze, it is just marvelous. And a good team result, Kalla 5th, Andersson 6th. Awesome! :cool:

Preuss

Apparently Therese dremed about one individual gold medal before this championship... :p

ShoeFlo

So much action here :eek:

Nordic Combined team event ranking after ski jumping:

1. Austria
2. Japan + 0,01
3. Norway + 0,17
4. Germany + 0,41

Things do not look good, we gotta catch up by running alone, whereas Japan and Austria can help each other... and then there is also Norway. This is no surprise, it is rather a reflection of our season. After years of countless successes we lost the dominance.
Sure, we have some fast skiers, but even if we close the gap we wont probably have the power to win a final sprint

Edit: should still be a Bronze medal though. I expect Japan to drop. Poor Japan... they are doomed to become 4th in many NoCo and Ski jumping events due to the strength of us, Norway and Austria. It will probably the same in the mixed jumping event later

Preuss

If the Germans were in normal shape I'd say that they were the clear favorites, but last competition wasn't very good from them so this makes it all more interesting :D

ShoeFlo

Damn, If our first skier Rydzek didnt surprisingly collapse in his second lap (Ive never seen this happening to him before :eek: very strange ) we would probably have won this race

Frentzel with an incredible race, started with almost a minute deficit he managed to close the gap to 1st place

At the end there was a bit too much tactics, sometimes they were almost standing xcrazy Watabe almost joined the leading group...
after all, it is annoying to see Riiber winning it after he has literally never taken responsibility to lead the group but instead hid in the slipstream

Also, in the downhill parts one could see our skis were not perfectly prepared, but thats not an excuse. Congrats Norway once again!

Preuss

FINALLY
GERMANY’S WINNING STREAK ENDED

But I think you’re right; German skies were poor and Rydzek flopped terribly which means that Frenzel had to catch up rather than skiing away from Schmid
How popular is Nordic Combined in Germany though? [MENTION=11993]whiteshoes[/MENTION]

Top Bottom