4. :lt:
5. :ch:
6. :de:
7. :nl:
8. :is:
9. :il:
10. :be:

VikingTiger

I think it would be between Russia and Lithuania in the end. I would expect Russia to win the televotes. But I guess Lithuania would give Russia a great fight for these televotes. And Lithuania would win the battle between the two countries when it comes to the juries.
I think Malta could also be fighting in the top. I am sure Denstiny would get massive jury support.

So sad we will never know how this would turn out. Most of this years favourites have never won the competition before, and I always love when that happens. Even not my personal favourite Malta would be such a diserved winner - after so many years.

My personal nightmare would be Denmark winning. I dont like any of their previous winning entries; Fly on the Wings of Love and Only Teardrops being among the worst winners ever for me. Say Yes would for me be in that same category... I can't stand the song.

Yazy

This is honestly a year where you can´t really know until you see the rehearsals.

I would maybe say Malta, because that song is constructed in formulaic way just to compete and win. And jury would probably stand behind it.
But I´m not so sure about the televote.

Last edited:

LastDreamer

Banned
Do you really think that :bg: could win ?

Neo

Normally I'd expect the pendulum to swing from last year's sad ballad to something more upbeat this time, but IMO there's nothing of that good enough to challenge Switzerland so I guess they would have won, helped by the fact that juries seem Ok with non-English songs now. :ch:

LastDreamer

Banned
I think that jury will try to prevent the win of any country, which will have a big problems with a budget for hosting ESC.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Azerbaijan 2011...Denmark was that song of 2020.

po6xOh1.png

Citelis

I think that jury will try to prevent the win of any country, which will have a big problems with a budget for hosting ESC.
Didn't think of that tbh but i still think that Bulgaria would be on top3 on both t/v and jury.

DenizESC

Banned
I could see Lithuania win tbf. I'd see them as 1.

Azerbaijan and Bulgaria come after or even Switzerland.

DenizESC

Banned
Denmark would never win lol.

I see them as a clear DNQ, one of those the ppl here would come back and be like 'Wow didnt see that coming' while its very obvious. Also it isnt 2011

mauve

Veteran
Denmark would never win lol.

I see them as a clear DNQ, one of those the ppl here would come back and be like 'Wow didnt see that coming' while its very obvious. Also it isnt 2011
Denmark is NOT anywhere near my top this year. But this thread is not about who you WISH to see winning, but who you BELIEVE could be winning. And yes, I think people are stupid enough to vote for Denmark this year. xqueenbitch

VikingTiger

If Toy won, I dont see why Uno wouldnt won.

Well, I agree that Russia would be a contender to win in Rotterdam. But I'd say that to me the most obvious difference between Toy and Uno is that Netta actually had great vocals that she showed off - especially in the last part of Toy. I think Netta's vocals made Toy more jury-friendly than Little Big would have been.

midnightsun

Veteran
My personal nightmare would be Denmark winning. I dont like any of their previous winning entries; Fly on the Wings of Love and Only Teardrops being among the worst winners ever for me. Say Yes would for me be in that same category... I can't stand the song.

xbow xbow xbow

I also don't believe Russia could have won with this song. No way. I even believe they've chosen that kind of song to make fun of the juries because it's surely quite high in the public vote but thanks to the juries downvotes it will end up again at 3 or lower (any other rank up there in the top 5). I don't believe though it would have been the audience's no.1. Maybe 2 or 3 but not the telephone winner. Maybe it would have worked 15 years ago but not these days when the contest has become more and more popular and modern and the younger generation doesn't vote necessarily for fun entries to protest or make fun of the contest.

VikingTiger

xbow xbow xbow

I also don't believe Russia could have won with this song. No way. I even believe they've chosen that kind of song to make fun of the juries because it's surely quite high in the public vote but thanks to the juries downvotes it will end up again at 3 or lower (any other rank up there in the top 5). I don't believe though it would have been the audience's no.1. Maybe 2 or 3 but not the telephone winner. Maybe it would have worked 15 years ago but not these days when the contest has become more and more popular and modern and the younger generation doesn't vote necessarily for fun entries to protest or make fun of the contest.

Norway won the televotes last year. Spirit in the Sky had a 90s sound, but it was fun and different and catchy (I know one can argue about all that, but that's how I would explain the televoters win). Some people (in this forum as well) claimed that Toy was just a "joke-entry". Clearly both juries and televoters did not agree with that.
I dont see Uno as just a protest or "make fun of" entry. I think the song is cathy, it's all very well done - but I DO agree that Little Big is making fun of popular music in general with this piece. But for me - in a good way!
So yes, I still think Russia would win the televotes. And let's not forget it's Russia - they do tend to get a head start even before the song is presentet. And with a popular name as well...

midnightsun

Veteran
Spirit of the Sky & Toy are not fun-songs in my understanding of a fun song.
I’d put Russia in the category of fun-song but of course not as much as Irelande douze points or Verka Serduchka. Rather like Party for everyone. It would have gained a lot of public votes, for sure.

But I think, the times when (real) funsongs were overhyped by the public are over. In those times Eurovision was said to be dated and public loved fun-entries that made fun of the contest itself or any other subject. I think people are more serious now because almost every country makes serious efforts in creating a serious song. Everything is more serious these days.

Every now and then I miss a good old fun song, so I was glad to have Russia this year. By the way, my opinion about possible winner songs doesn’t reflect my personal opinion about them. I love the Russian song.

A-lister

Veteran
Denmark is NOT anywhere near my top this year. But this thread is not about who you WISH to see winning, but who you BELIEVE could be winning. And yes, I think people are stupid enough to vote for Denmark this year. xqueenbitch

As I like the Danish entry I couldn't give a thumbs up to this post lol, but I do agree that this thread is not about personal taste but rather predictions. It's quite rare that I like the winners in ESC, often they aren't even in my top. 10 (well the last two winners were in my top. 3, but still unusual for me if I look at ESC generally).

Yeah, I do think people underestimated Denmark this year, I mean we will never find out, but I think the entry has an overall appeal to both the public and juries, and I could see it doing a top. 3, maybe not winning but it wouldn't be a shocker either in an uncertain year like this.

I do think also Israel could have been a dark-horse that has been underestimated, again we will never know...

mauve

Veteran
As I like the Danish entry I couldn't give a thumbs up to this post lol, but I do agree that this thread is not about personal taste but rather predictions. It's quite rare that I like the winners in ESC, often they aren't even in my top. 10 (well the last two winners were in my top. 3, but still unusual for me if I look at ESC generally).

Yeah, I do think people underestimated Denmark this year, I mean we will never find out, but I think the entry has an overall appeal to both the public and juries, and I could see it doing a top. 3, maybe not winning but it wouldn't be a shocker either in an uncertain year like this.

I do think also Israel could have been a dark-horse that has been underestimated, again we will never know...
I can only agree with what you wrote, besides the first part, of course. ;) But I absolutely think they were a dark horse - they could have gotten points from the Jury and the televoters. And yes, in my case, MY winner never won so far. But hope never dies that one day my wish will come true ... xqueenbitch

Top Bottom