• :ua: Ukraine

109 84.5%
  • :mt: Malta

126 97.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Iker

Veteran
Well the juries usually rank Malta high so it's clearly possible, Ana is in my top 5 but I'm scared of an NQ for her

Honestly if I was in age I would've put some money on Croatia winning 'cause I'm really sure that Albina can win :lol:
Lol, her NQ is almost certain. I was more scared of that boring song actually pulling off a Q but that running order most likely dooms it.

Last edited:

Jopi

I think Ana can be top2/3 with the juries.... So it actually depends if on the public... Will the public completely roast her lol

Citelis

Slovenia's entry is not jury friendly as many people think because it has a religious feeling which is not what juries are looking for. At least i think so.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Anja qualified in 2017 with 5 points from the televote. Ana can manage to qualify just with jury support.

Imo it 100% depends on the juries and how much they will support her. Televote will definitely not help her. I wouldn't rule her out.

Remisan

My prediction: :mt::se::no::lt::cy::ua::az::hr::ro::ru:

My personal choice: :be::lt::az::ua::ro::cy::il::mt::hr: + ? (I don't care, the rest are not my type of music)

Last edited:

Zonne147

As much as I appreciate "Amen", I have been tried to be as impartial as possible and honestly I don't really see :sl: qualifying.

I may be wrong in May but I think people should "get over" the fact that great vocals don't necessarily mean the song will be in the top 3/5 with juries... We have had several well-delivered vocal performances being put out of the final by juries in and pretty average ones finding their way to the final thanks to them.

Despite the fact that I think Ana Soklic is one of the best singers we've had in the contest mostly because of her distinctive voice, I don't really see juries going crazy considering how jury friendly that semi (apparently) is and I don't think "Amen", as a song, is strong enough to get massive jury support.

I kinda of get Georgia 2017 vibes, bottom qualifier with juries and a NQ with the televote and that cost Tamara a place in a final.

Last edited:

Iker

Veteran
I think Ana can be top2/3 with the juries.... So it actually depends if on the public... Will the public completely roast her lol
I doubt she will. The lyrics are too blatantly religious for their liking and there are multiple other possible jury-baits or jury-friendly entries in this semifinal that are going to nab some higher points in many countries (probably Israel, Belgium, Sweden, Malta). She's not pulling off her 'Anja from :dk:' scenario I think. And that running order will not do her favours either for the televote.

But I admit that my gut feeling after listening to it for the first time (it was a live presentation of the entry) was 'this will Q'. But If I use logical reasoning analysing it then I don't see it anymore.

Last edited:

Jopi

I dont know, my gut has been telling me Slovenia will go to finals. The running order dosn’t matter to juries eather way..
We know that Sweden and Malta will be top3 juries as always.. But the third spot might be Ana’s.
I’d personally prefered if it was Belgium doing really well with juries.

midnightsun

Veteran
The running order dosn’t matter to juries eather way..

Exactly.

However, I don't think Ana's song is especially jury-friendly. She might get points from some Eastern countries but Western juries ... I think they won't. They would have if it was 2009 and the juries were just re-introduced. Today, their voting criteria differs significantly.

Jopi

We'll see... One ballad will probably be really high, and it's between Slovenia, N. Macedonia, Belgium and maybe even Romania.

Zonne147

We'll see... One ballad will probably be really high, and it's between Slovenia, N. Macedonia, Belgium and maybe even Romania.

Between these I'd say Romania, with a good vocal and stage performance I can't really see juries not going for it. I also see Belgium getting jury love but not sure with North Macedonia, the whole thing is probably a bit too messy, I get Georgia 2018 vibes

Jopi

Between these I'd say Romania, with a good vocal and stage performance I can't really see juries not going for it. I also see Belgium getting jury love but not sure with North Macedonia, the whole thing is probably a bit too messy, I get Georgia 2018 vibes
I literally never know what to predict with juries... If they act as expert jury then maybe we would be able to predict...

Schlagerman1

I made a guess on how every country would vote, jury and televote. Here is the total score of it all:

(Total jury score + Total televote score)
1. :mt: 171 + 148 = 319
2. :lt: 116 + 181 = 297
3. :cy: 103 + 136 = 239
4. :se: 143 + 72 = 215
5. :ua: 45 + 95 = 140
6. :il: 69 + 60 = 129
7. :az: 38 + 86 = 124
8. :be: 86 + 30 = 116
9. :ro: 73 + 42 = 115
10. :ru: 40 + 72 = 112
----------------------------------------
11. :ie: 68 + 32 = 100
12. :no: 33 + 57 = 90
13. :hr: 30 + 35 = 65
14. :au: 17 + 36 = 53
15. :sl: 42 + 11 = 53
16. :mk: 28 + 9 = 37

Still, we don't know what will happen on stage in may so things can change a lot, but it is fun to guess. :D

Jopi

And N. Macedonia so low with the juries? And Slovenia? I really don't think so.

Schlagerman1

And N. Macedonia so low with the juries? And Slovenia? I really don't think so.
Well only one of them will probably do decently and I think Slovenia will do fine (she would still be 9th among the juries). The song is a bit weirdly constructed which might harm their chances a bit. NM though I think is too much musical and will put off most jurymembers.

Schlagerman1

Australia last with the juries ? I don't think it's possible
Maybe I overexaggerated the jury point, but my point being is that Australia with struggle quite a bit with getting votes from both. The song is good, it is among my top 20 personally, but I can totally see juries and televoters enjoy it, but not give it any high marks. Also with the news today that Montaigne isn't going to Rotterdam will hurt their chances even more I believe, especially with the televoters...

Top Bottom