• :ua: Ukraine

109 84.5%
  • :mt: Malta

126 97.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BorisBubbles

Veteran
:sl:, :mk:, :ro: and :az: are all so dead lol.

:lt:, :ru:, :cy:, :no:, :hr:, :ua:, :mt: are all making it through.

the last two slots are between :se:, :au:, :ie:, :be: and :il: (currently leaning :ie: and :se:).

aef

For me the 1st semi final is even more difficult to predict than semi final 2:

My prediction after the rehearsals:

1. :mt:
2. :lt:
3. :cy:
4. :ro:
5. :se:
6. :hr:
7. :ua:
8. :ru:
9. :no:
10. :sl:

11. :ie:
12. :be:
13. :il:
14. :az:
15. :au:
16. :mk:

Some comments on this prediction:

I still believe in :sl: and in Ana's voice! The song is different than everything else, I see this as a borderline qualifier!

:ie: elevated much with the staging but it might just be not enough for the final. Same for :be:, a really nice staging but I don't see this dark song fit into the current, due to Covid probably more fun and uptempo oriented mood of the viewers at home.

:az: feels way to artificial and forced for making it to the final. I see this as a quite safe NQ.

Last edited:

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
1st prediction (done here):

:au: :az: :cy: :hr: :lt: :mt: :ro: :ru: :sl: :se:

2nd prediction (done after rehearsals 1):

:au: :az: :cy: :hr: :lt: :mt: :ru: :sl: :se: :ua:

3rd prediction (done after rehearsals 2):

:az: :be: :cy: :hr: :lt: :mt: :no: :ru: :sl: :ua:

:il: can definitely Q over :az: but i want to believe in the televoting saving my girl xcry

put Australia out because she looked uncomfortable on that rehearsal, and Sweden out for the shock (plus having a feeling Norway will qualify and I had to take someone out).

But tbh everyone that isn't :mk: can qualify here.

A-lister

Veteran
I also think Sweden is borderline this year IF the performance doesn't improve but I think, Tusse's holding back a bit due to his vocal issues. But then again, many songs are borderline especially in Semi 1 and I'm pretty sure Sweden will make it and ending up circa 5-6 in the Semi. There are many people out there who like it, especially in Western Europe. All Scandinavian countries will vote for it and pretty sure Malta will too and Germany probably too and so will others.

Well, I am not sure if only votes from Norway will help seeing that the other Scandinavian and Nordic countries are in semi 2.

Norway, Netherlands and Malta will probably give us combined high scores, the rest I'm not so sure about (juries in some, but televoting not sure).

aef

I don't see any chance for :il:?!?

:ua: could actually be a shock NQ and do a :lv: 2017 (Triana Park). It's giving me quite the same vibe concerning staging, edgy song, running order... It might totally flop with the juries and I don't see it getting THAT much televoting support. I really liked the song at the beginning but it lost more and more appeal during the past weeks and especially now with the staging...

John1

:lt: :ru: :ie: :cy: :hr: :il: :ro: :az: :ua: :mt:

:se: is missing, solely based on the fact that the snippet provided is bloody atrocious to say the least, and that it won't stand out any minute.

:au: is missing too, and was fighting with :ie: for my final spot. Here, this one is challenging. Don't get me wrong, Technicolour is a real piece of art and I really want Montaigne to do well. But, let's face it: performing #5 almost after Russia and almost before Ireland (Lesley's staging was a decisive point) and Cyprus will make Australia extremely forgettable.

As for :be:, I don't think that it'll make the cut, not because of a bad singing nor a bad staging, but this entry lacks presence and is literally sandwiched/trapped between Croatia and Israel.

Gitte

Am I the only one who changed their voting in this topic like 10 times in the past couple days.

Realest

In the right Order Id say:

01 :mt:
02 :lt:
03 :az:
04 :se:
05 :cy:
06 :ru:
07 :hr:
08 :be:
09 :au:
10 :ua:
_______

11: :no:
12 :ro:
13 :sl:
14 :il:
15 :ie:
16 :mk:

After the Rehearsals my final Prediction:

01 :lt:
02 :mt:
03 :cy:
04 :ua:
05 :ru:
06 :hr:
07 :se:
08 :az:
09 :il:
10 :no:
________

11 :be:
12 :sl:
13 :au:
14 :ro:
15 :ie:
16 :mk:

Hope Im wrong, but I think :il: will qualify instead of :be:. The Gimmicks seem to work.
I also decided to put :no: in instead of :au:. He seems to be a huge TV-Magnet.
:se:, :au:, :az:, :be: and :ro: are obviously the biggest Losers of the Rehearsals.
:ua:, :cy: and :il: built up Momentum.

Iker

Veteran
I don't see any chance for :il:?!?

:ua: could actually be a shock NQ and do a :lv: 2017 (Triana Park). It's giving me quite the same vibe concerning staging, edgy song, running order... It might totally flop with the juries and I don't see it getting THAT much televoting support. I really liked the song at the beginning but it lost more and more appeal during the past weeks and especially now with the staging...
:ua: hits much harder than Triana Park and actually works live.

aef

And why is that so?
Well actually I can't really describe it in words, it's just that feeling. All in all the song concept doesn't work at all in my opinion and the high note isn't doing any favor neither! Concerning the pink and blue, 80s LED I also think :hr: has the stronger package... So I just don't see how it should work well with juries or televoters... But of course let's wait and see! The semi finals are very, very hard to predict this year!

tuorem

Let's give it a try:

1.:cy:
2.:lt:
3.:ua:
4.:mt:
5.:ru:
6.:no:
7.:hr:
8.:be:
9.:az:
10:se:

11:il:
12:ro:
13:ie:
14:sl:
15:au:
16:mk:

I am so looking forward to the results of this semi, because it's a puzzle imo.

I could see Cyprus win the semi. Malta underperforming in televoting despite being first with juries...
Sweden could NQ, but then again I don't see Croatia/Azerbaijan/Israel make it...
I don't believe in Slovenia qualifying, they would have to be pretty high with juries for that to happen imo.

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
At this point I'm saying:

:lt: :ru: :se: :au: :cy: :no: :hr: :be: :ua: :mt:

I think Sweden will make it by a squeak, and I'm also not 100% convinced by :no: or :be: either. :ie: or :il: could take one of their spots.

Top Bottom