Contact us

Who is your favourite Big 5 country this year?

Who is your favourite Big 5 country this year?

• Germany

12 14.8%
  • France

20 24.7%
  • Spain

22 27.2%
  • United Kingdom

15 18.5%
  • Italy

12 14.8%

• Total voters

satinelamort

1) :fr: 8/10 Classy, catchy and I really like it
2) :de: 6/10 Finally a German entry I like, even if I fear it might flop in May.
3) :it: 6/10 I'm surprised how much I enjoy it. At first, I thought it was too bland, but it quickly grew on me.
4) :uk: 2/10 After a few times listening to it, it quickly changed from a "not too shabby" 4/10 to I skip it almost every time.
5) :es: 0/10 Not my personal preference. Too unique and different for my taste. It's very unpleasant to my ears and I always skip it.

12Pointsgoto.....

Interesting that Italy is peoples least favourite Big 5 in the poll in this thread...
Well no one could expect that absolute snooze fest of an italian ballad to suddenly do so well with the televotes. I mean, did I miss something, since when was this competitive?

Chalphon

Well no one could expect that absolute snooze fest of an italian ballad to suddenly do so well with the televotes. I mean, did I miss something, since when was this competitive?

Haha fair enough. Although I think it is a really beautiful song and the singer gave a very emotional performance. I'm not that surprised over its succes tbh.

midnightsun

Veteran
since when was this competitive?

This kind of Italian music does always well. I don’t know about other countries (but I think it’s similar) but these typical Italian ballads used to be on our radio over decades. It’s surely a lot less nowadays than in the 70-90s but you must not forget there is still a larger audience who is watching Eurovision aged 40 - 80+.

Chalphon

This kind of Italian music does always well. I don’t know about other countries (but I think it’s similar) but these typical Italian ballads used to be on our radio over decades. It’s surely a lot less nowadays than in the 70-90s but you must not forget there is still a larger audience who is watching Eurovision aged 40 - 80+.

Yeah I think he might even have won the televote when it comes to people 60+.

Loindici

Veteran
Obviously the belting queen in red, singing a song titled as a four-letter word, all in vowels.

12Pointsgoto.....

Haha fair enough. Although I think it is a really beautiful song and the singer gave a very emotional performance. I'm not that surprised over its succes tbh.
Everyone has different taste, but I just thought that this was less appealing that Brividi, but I guess he could sing unlike blanco

Judas

FSC Mod
Staff member
:uk: because it just blasts your mood to whole another level, but talent-wise :fr: is something else.

nudiecrudi

I definately prefered this to Brividi. Allthough I really hope Italy starts sending something up-tempo soon, they have kind of milked this cow dry at this point.
That cow isnt dried at all. Will be always full of milk for people that dont like a milk coming from swedish cows producing successful plastic pop songs. Fair enough don't you think since Sweden has sent always pop songs? Tell me darling what kind of songs Sweden has sent? Pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop and again pop At leaste we have done some exceptions with rock, jazz, pop and r&b/trap. I hope you know the difference between these genres.
My compliments for winning again with a pop song, three in a row. Have you kind milked this cow dry at this point?

Chalphon

That cow isnt dried at all. Will be always full of milk for people that dont like a milk coming from swedish cows producing successful plastic pop songs. Fair enough don't you think since Sweden has sent always pop songs? Tell me darling what kind of songs Sweden has sent? Pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop and again pop At leaste we have done some exceptions with rock, jazz, pop and r&b/trap. I hope you know the difference between these genres.
My compliments for winning again with a pop song, three in a row. Have you kind milked this cow dry at this point?

I get it, you are hurt. No need for attacking me or projecting. Welcome over to the Swedish thread if you want to discuss the Swedish entries. If you calm down.

nudiecrudi

I get it, you are hurt. No need for attacking me or projecting. Welcome over to the Swedish thread if you want to discuss the Swedish entries. If you calm down.
I'm not hurt at all. Don't have any reason to be.
But when a swede says what you said I wanted just to point out my thoughts and didn't attack you at all. Just said the truth. Calm down

12Pointsgoto.....

He said nothing about Sweden in this thread, and we can all be civil here. Everyone has a different opinion, and I already stated that at the top.

nudiecrudi

He said nothing about Sweden in this thread, and we can all be civil here. Everyone has a different opinion, and I already stated that at the top.
Everyone has an opinion
I'm fine with it.
I wasn't uncivil at all. Didn't offend or smth else.
The question about Italy's trend sending ballads was opened here in this thread and I just made a comparison with another country which follows the same trend but this time pop.
I brought facts and not words.
If you want to be a defense loyer better use strong arguments.

Judas

FSC Mod
Staff member
My wife (who doesn't give a single F about the ESC) has been blasting France's entry on repeat for days now...
Her voice is very beautiful. If she fancies French language it just adds a bonus on top. I am very disappointed that the jury did not give her the points she deserved.

Top Bottom