Contact us

Who is the worst recent ESC winner?

Which ESC winning song are you least likely to want to listen to again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Realest

:dk: was my #8 in that year, but since it had the biggest commercial Success, I recognize "Only Teardrops" as a worthy Winner.
But yet, I dont trust the EBU. I still feat that :az: was the real Winner and thats why they didnt show the Split-Results.

Realest

Yes, I think :az: won thanks to the bought votes and the EBU deleted those to make :dk: win, thats why they didnt show the Split Results.

Realest

According to Wikipedia the Results were the Following:

Televoting:

01 Denmark 4.97
03 Azerbaijan 5.86

Juryvoting:

01 Denmark 6.23
02 Azerbaijan 7.77

These Averages dont tell us how the Results look like in Points converted. Countries which have more Outliers from the Average usually have more Points than Countries who have often Positions near the Average. :am: gave 4 Points to :dk: and 0 to :az:. My Guess is that :dk: was about 6th in the armenian Televoting and maybe 9th in the Armenian Juryvoting. :az: probably came 25th in both, Jury and Televoting. If we discount those Numbers from the Jury and Televoting, we have the following Averages left:

Televoting:
01 Denmark 4.95
03 (or maybe 02) Azerbaijan 5.35

Juryvoting:

01 Denmark 6.16
02 Azerbaijan 7.29

So right now Denmark is only closely in the lead with approximately 2 Points in the Juryvoting and 5 Points in the Televoting. Countries with a strong Diaspora like :az: generally tend to deviate more from the Average than Nordic Countries. Something similar could be seen this year where Austria had a better Average Televoting than Serbia, but Pointwise, Serbia was better, so I wouldnt be too sure if Denmark won both or even one of them. It is also known that all nordic Juries (except Iceland) buried Azerbaijan in the which means some other Juries must have put Azerbaijan in their Top2 to equalize their Voting and reach the low Average-Juryvoting.

midnightsun

Veteran
"Only teardrops" is my choice, for different reasons. First, of course the song is a bit bland and I don't like it, but there were worse this year. But what annoyed me more was a.) the behaviour of Emmeli (rude to people, looking at her mobile while she went to the stage to perform again, not being too enthusiastic about winning) and b.) I felt "Sweden" wanted its neighbour to win. Everything seems to be planned. The introduction of the running order (Björkman involved), the new voting system, all Scandinavian countries in the final, choosing Malmö as the host city because it's near the Danish border, the fireworks during Emmeli's song. Maybe because some of the Azerbaijan votes were bought (the years before too, rumour has it) and a lot of Eastern European countries were winning those days they desperately wanted to keep Eurovision in Western Europe. But that's my subjective feeling. 2013 is really a bad contest for me in so many ways. Most of the songs were terrible too.

Realest

Toy and Only Teardrops grew on me, so I choose Amar Pelos Dias because of his horrible Personality and the fact it was the most forgotten winner (despite his Record-Victory).
Btw. the Heroes-Hate is disgusting. Mans was the last normal Winner and I hope we will have a normal Winner again and no one who is "different".

Mainshow

Veteran
The "hate towards" "Heroes" isn't disgusting at all. The song was average and quite bland, a copy of Guetta's hit. Juries got distracted by all the visuals.
That entry was - from a televoter's perspective - the "most undeserving" winner of recent years, for sure ("only" placing #3).

All in all, I'm just happy with all recent victories, though, even "Heroes" because it was visually stunning, an international (radio) hit and quite contemporary. I still think it didn't deserve to win because of it being trend-chasing and not really progressive or unique/distinctive enough but all in all, we had good and unique performances/songs as winner in recent years.

Alaska49

can't wait until we do this poll in may 2020 and toy is solidly less voted than only teardrops/heroes lol

ESC94

Out of the winning titles to choose my least favourite is "Heroes", I don´t hate it, but without the stunning graphics during his performance the only thing that´s left is an average house-pop song with too many similarities to "Lovers on the Sun". The fact that he only won because of massive jury support also leaves a bitter taste to me.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
waiting for the updated version so that i can change my vote

tomos2019

For me Satellite and Fairytale are contenders but they're not on the list! I suppose at least Lena is attractive whereas Fairytale doesn't have many redeeming qualities for me and I much preferred his 2018 song by a mile!

Citelis

''Fairytale'' is by far the worst and most overrated. However i hate ''Running scared'' and ''Believe'' as well.

Top Bottom