Contact us

Who is the worst recent ESC winner?

Which ESC winning song are you least likely to want to listen to again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alaska49

Well, Sergey won televote over Jamala's political song (btw, it is not allowed to have political song on contest, but who cares), same situation as Il Volo/Mans, and noone is bashing Jamala. When it comes to Sweden, there are always double standars among fanbase.
seriously are we sure this is not a IRA spy

in all seriousness: jamala didn't break the rules. die mad about it.

lolita

seriously are we sure this is not a IRA spy

in all seriousness: jamala didn't break the rules. die mad about it.

Hahaha, omg, you don't have to be mean or rude. I am just saying what some people around me are thinking and saying about her. It is my opinion, you can love Jamala as much as you do. I don't have nothing against her, I don't love her or hate her, I 've just sad that she didn't win televote just like Mans, but here people like her, and hate Mans. Altough in my surroundings noone hates Mans, but Jamala, because many people think it is political song, even though she denied it. I don't really care if it is or not, I don't like it because it sounds like song for funerals. Btw, in my surrounding, there are no spies, we are medical doctors.

Ezio

Veteran
Heroes and Only Teardrops - I was so upset when they won.

1944 grew on me a lot, I think in retrospective one of the best. Portugal 2017 hypes me still beyond sanity... love

Bibha

Hahaha, omg, you don't have to be mean or rude. I am just saying what some people around me are thinking and saying about her. It is my opinion, you can love Jamala as much as you do. I don't have nothing against her, I don't love her or hate her, I 've just sad that she didn't win televote just like Mans, but here people like her, and hate Mans. Altough in my surroundings noone hates Mans, but Jamala, because many people think it is political song, even though she denied it. I don't really care if it is or not, I don't like it because it sounds like song for funerals. Btw, in my surrounding, there are no spies, we are medical doctors.

That's so cool.... So are you practicing or studying? What field?

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Great winners latelyxheart

Euphoria Iconic modern day winner. Wasn't even in my top 10 that incredible year, but I have the utmost respect for this entry and what it brought to the contest that year. It will be hard to have a song that feels as "big" again at the contest.

Only Teardrops Bit of a lame winner to be honest. I can see how it won but I don't care for it.

Rise like a phoenix Another iconic winner. I'm quite proud of myself still how I pointed this out as the winner the very moment the song was revealed, against all odds and people laughing. Powerful, classy, important winner. I did however unfortunately manage to overplay this back in 2014. I struggle a smidgen getting through it now. The magic has faded somewhat with me.

Heroes A case of style over substance but when the style was so good, it was hard to be upset. I like Mans and I was ok with him winning, even if I would have preferred him having his moment with "Hope and Glory".

1944 This was back in 2017 my all time favourite Eurovision winner. Dark, daring, raw with it's emotion. There had been nothing else like it at the contest, and I felt for the first time that a piece of music that really was different and challenging had been crowned.

Amar pelos dois No words left to describe what this song means to me. My all time favourite song that Eurovision has gifted us, and it got Portugal their first ever win, with what was a record breaking number. Incredible.

So no hard decision. Denmark in my opinion is by far the worst. Azerbaijan is very lucky though that you decided not to go as far back as 2011:rolleyes:

lolita

That's so cool.... So are you practicing or studying? What field?

Thank you a lot! It appears as cool, and it is really beautiful job, but it can be hard sometimes, but you have to love it, and then you can handle all. I am both studying and practicing, because I am on last year of university, only few exams untill I get a medical degree, called a doctor of medicine, in my country. We are little off topic here, but since I am polite, I must to reply, I hope that people won't to get mad. :)

Haverdge

I can't pick, they're all good songs.

If Azerbaijan were up there, I would vote for them, though, and that's a truly objective statement because I have liked some of their other entries. However, Running Scared was so lackluster, so awkward, so mediocre, that I'm still confused as to how it won. Literally (almost) everything else they've sent has been better than that song, with the exception of 2008.

carl1

I didn't like Running Scared either, but their performance was by far the most professional of all the contenders that year, add a great draw and I'm not surprised at all that they won.
My fav was Sweden, but you can't win ESC with lyrics "stop dont say that it's impossible, cause I know it's possible"

Nefertiti

This has to be Jamala. The song was not bad and I get that she did a really emotional performance, but Eurovision 2016 had so many cool songs and this was just dull for me and didn't deserve to win. Not to mention that horrible final voting double screen between Russia and Ukraine. Russia is not my favourite country and the song was not my favourite at all, but that seemed like a political battle and felt so out of place for me.

Amar Pelos Dois was also not my cup of tea. I find nothing special about it: it's just a boring ballad for me. And I think I've never listened to Heroes after the final :roll:

lolita

This has to be Jamala. The song was not bad and I get that she did a really emotional performance, but Eurovision 2016 had so many cool songs and this was just dull for me and didn't deserve to win. Not to mention that horrible final voting double screen between Russia and Ukraine. Russia is not my favourite country and the song was not my favourite at all, but that seemed like a political battle and felt so out of place for me.

Amar Pelos Dois was also not my cup of tea. I find nothing special about it: it's just a boring ballad for me. And I think I've never listened to Heroes after the final :roll:

Finally someone who agrees with me on whole Jamala thing, it also looked like political battle for me, and I don't either love Russia but hate Ukraine, and other way. She was good, I can't deny it, very emotional performance, but that song I listened only that night, and that is all, it is for me very unlistenable, because of all that crying, moaning, screaming. I adore Amar Pelos Dois, it is very beautiful, unique, masterpiece I would even say, and Heroes are great, I love it, but it really reminds me of the Lovers on the Sun. :)

Nefertiti

Finally someone who agrees with me on whole Jamala thing, it also looked like political battle for me, and I don't either love Russia but hate Ukraine, and other way. She was good, I can't deny it, very emotional performance, but that song I listened only that night, and that is all, it is for me very unlistenable, because of all that crying, moaning, screaming. I adore Amar Pelos Dois, it is very beautiful, unique, masterpiece I would even say, and Heroes are great, I love it, but it really reminds me of the Lovers on the Sun. :)

It's nice to see that I'm not the only one that got shocked with Jamala's victory. I would go further and say that 1944 should not have been allowed to compete as it's clearly stated that political songs are banned. The Ukrainian entry was undoubtedly a political song and they did nothing. Anyway, I didn't care about the political content of the song until that double screen at the final. That was really embarrassing to watch. Speaking only about the songs, I must admit that I prefer 1944 to Lazarev's song, but I felt so scammed when Jamala won... 2016 was so crazy.

lolita

It's nice to see that I'm not the only one that got shocked with Jamala's victory. I would go further and say that 1944 should not have been allowed to compete as it's clearly stated that political songs are banned. The Ukrainian entry was undoubtedly a political song and they did nothing. Anyway, I didn't care about the political content of the song until that double screen at the final. That was really embarrassing to watch. Speaking only about the songs, I must admit that I prefer 1944 to Lazarev's song, but I felt so scammed when Jamala won... 2016 was so crazy.

I see you are new member here, I was new, few weeks ago, too, and stated the same, and lot of people didn''t like what I've said, so be quiet about politics now :D ( I think it IS political song, and the content clearly is, when you read the lyircs, but she stated it isn't and I am shocked that people believe her so much, I mean). Many friends of mine also think the same, I am not the only one, but politics is the thing I don't care about at all in my life, I am more artistic type of person. We said what we have, but we don't want to things get crazy here, what is done in 2016, it is done, we should leave it to the past, and enjoy new music now. :D ;)

DenizESC

Banned
I would say Denmark was the worst, such a basic song and didn't make me feel anything. Actually I think it is really annoying and maybe even the worst winner of all time (for me)

I think I will not continue anymore with the Jamala thing. I loved how emotional and unique the song itself was.(and that I understood the crimean part :p)

ZoboCamel

Do you guys think this year's winner will be a divisive one too?

Probably. Looking at the top songs in the odds at the moment, the only song that wouldn't be too divisive is Bulgaria, with the rest of the top 5 - Israel, Australia, Czech Republic, Estonia - all being quite divisive in one way or another. That also applies to the next couple of entries down, i.e. Sweden and Norway.

Bibha

Probably. Looking at the top songs in the odds at the moment, the only song that wouldn't be too divisive is Bulgaria, with the rest of the top 5 - Israel, Australia, Czech Republic, Estonia - all being quite divisive in one way or another. That also applies to the next couple of entries down, i.e. Sweden and Norway.

On the poll for least divisive winner contenders France was on top, with Greece, Bulgaria and Belgium being the only ones that were close.

lolita

On the poll for least divisive winner contenders France was on top, with Greece, Bulgaria and Belgium being the only ones that were close.

I have feeling, that this year, we will have some of those divisive winners here counted, because many fans commented that this year reminds them of 2011. Israel, Czech Republic, Norway ( he is climbing in te odds :? X-OI), Australia. and maybe Sweden, but I don't think he has much of a chance, because Sweden this year gets barely any recognition, on the contrary of the past years.

Fierro

This year is sure similar to many years

:se: 2018 - :se: 2011
:ee: 2018 - :fr: 2011 :md: 2013
:fi: 2018 - :ee: 2011
:es: 2018 - :az: 2011
:ru: 2018 - :no: 2016
:ge: 2018 - :ge: 2014
:de: 2018 - :de: 2012
:me: 2018 - every balcan song sent before

and so on...

John1

This year is sure similar to many years

:se: 2018 - :se: 2011
:ee: 2018 - :fr: 2011 :md: 2013
:fi: 2018 - :ee: 2011
:es: 2018 - :az: 2011
:ru: 2018 - :no: 2016
:ge: 2018 - :ge: 2014
:de: 2018 - :de: 2012

and so on..

:fr: doesn't have anything to do with the entry from :ee:. Both genres are alike, but this isn't the same entry at all with the same music or whatever. :?
I do mostly agree with you on your post tho.

Top Bottom