Contact us

Who is the worst recent ESC winner?

Which ESC winning song are you least likely to want to listen to again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikingTiger

2013 was not the best year in ESC. But even so it was a huge disappointment to me that Denmark won... Only Teardrops was way down my list that year... So this is an easy choice for me.

eerik

All of them except Euphoria, which is great.

Fluke

2013 all the way, never have i been so angry and disappointed at the winner, not just because it was undeserved and a step backwards for the contest musically, but because of how Denmark was hyped as the winner on beforehand. 2015 wasn't great and pretty disappointing in a year of very strong contenders, but it's still tolerable to me, and 2011 was just dull and not really deserving, but nowhere near the ear-grating monstrosity that is "Only Teardrops"!

A-lister

Veteran
:pt: 2017 for me followed by :at: 2014 , none of these entries were even close to my personal top.10's of those years

What's kind of sad to me personally is that only once my personal favorite won in the last years (:se: 2012), the rest were in my top. 10 atleast.

Juliette

I have chosen Jamala, for which I'm sorry (:ua: Ukraine has won at the time it should have), but I love Amar pelos dois beyond reason and all the others are either really good (for me) or have some melodic line impossible to forget.

hijirio

Veteran
That slayage by Loreen xheat

Realest

So ridiculous that Mans is first. He is the most Relevant Winner a few Years later and had the 2nd most Commercial Success.

hijirio

Veteran
So ridiculous that Mans is first. He is the most Relevant Winner a few Years later and had the 2nd most Commercial Success.

Why are you surprised? It’s very predictable that he is the least desirable winner among these.
Third place by the televote.
Most of the viewers at home wanted Russia or Italy to win, they were not as carried away with Sweden’s performance.

A group of 6 music professionals gathered and their opinion accounted on the same level as thousands of fans watching the contest.

I’m still against this system, if the professionals want to be included in the result, they should grab their phone and vote for their favourite number.

But well, according to many voters here and viewers at home that day, it was just another cool song that deserved top 5, but not as much as the 1st spot.

Brandt

Why are you surprised? It’s very predictable that he is the least desirable winner among these.
Most of the viewers at home wanted Russia or Italy to win, they were not as carried away with Sweden’s performance.

A group of 6 music professionals gathered and their opinion accounted on the same level as thousands of fans watching the contest.

I’m still against this system, if the professionals want to be included in the result, they should grab their phone and vote for their favourite number.

But well, according to many voters here and viewers at home that day, it was just another cool song that deserved top 5, but not as much as the 1st spot.

Heroes is my favourite winner in the last decade but I still agree with what you say about the juries.

Realest

Well, I would have accepted Italy as worthy Winner as well, but everyone who paid a bit Attention in the Mathematics Lesson should know that not every year the TV-Winner can be the overall Winner. So Mans won according to the Rules with which everyone agreed so hes the Real Winner. Diaspora and Politics-adjusted he came 2nd in the TV btw..
And as said, even 3 years Later hes the most Relevant of all those Winners. He still has a lot of Commercial Success even here in Germany a few Weeks ago, he still appears on relevant ESC-related Events (i.e. ESC 2016, You Decide 2018 etc..) And lets not forget that he competed in the Strong year 2015. I still dont see in which Universe other Winners are better then him, only because they won their Televotings in weaker years.

hijirio

Veteran
everyone who paid a bit Attention in the Mathematics Lesson should know that not every year the TV-Winner can be the overall Winner.

Yes, he won fair and square, no one is debating over that on this thread. We are just debating on the winner that people like least. He got the least support from the public, so it's a no-brainer that he is voted most here.

So Mans won according to the Rules with which everyone agreed so hes the Real Winner.

I doubt that. As far as I know, nobody asked us eurovision fans if we want juries or not, or who they should comprise of (music professionals or tv hosts :? ).

Diaspora and Politics-adjusted he came 2nd in the TV btw..
Sweden getting 12 from Norway, Finland, Denmark and Iceland is not political, but Russia getting 12 from Belarus, Estonia, Armenia and Azerbaijan is? You are just biased.

And as said, even 3 years Later hes the most Relevant of all those Winners. He still has a lot of Commercial Success even here in Germany a few Weeks ago, he still appears on relevant ESC-related Events (i.e. ESC 2016, You Decide 2018 etc..) And lets not forget that he competed in the Strong year 2015. I still dont see in which Universe other Winners are better then him, only because they won their Televotings in weaker years.

What is a strong year and what is a weak one is a completely subjective opinion.
Not gonna comment on that.

Realest

Yes, he won fair and square, no one is debating over that on this thread. We are just debating on the winner that people like least. He got the least support from the public, so it's a no-brainer that he is voted most here.

I doubt that. As far as I know, nobody asked us eurovision fans if we want juries or not, or who they should comprise of (music professionals or tv hosts :? ).

Sweden getting 12 from Norway, Finland, Denmark and Iceland is not political, but Russia getting 12 from Belarus, Estonia, Armenia and Azerbaijan is? You are just biased.

What is a strong year and what is a weak one is a completely subjective opinion.
Not gonna comment on that.

1) Statistically its extremely Likely that Il Volo would have beat Conchita, Emmelie, Loreen as well, so the Fact that Mans didnt win the Televoting is probably because he chose the Wrong year to participate.

2) I mean the participating Channels/Countries. If I remember right it was about 24:19 Channels for the Return of the Juries.

3) No, im not Biased. Its not politically to vote for your Neighbours, when you think he has the best Song. It is politically to always vote for the Same Country nomatter what the Song is. And e.g. the Armenian Televoter gave in 10 Years (probably) 8x12 TV-Points and 2x10 TV-Points to Russia. And this is highpolitically because theres statistically no Possibilty to have Russia that often in the Top2 without judging the Country itself. The same can be said about belarus, moldova, azerbaijan etc.. as well (but not that extrem). Sweden in the Opposite can get 0-3 Points from Neighbours like the Votinghistory proves and they have to fight for their 12 Points from Neighbours in the Opposite to Russia who got those Points guaranteed. Swedens Allies/Diasporahousingcountries are 4 Countries, Russia has about 12-13. Thats what I mean with Diaspora-adjusted. The 13 Points margin between Mans and Polina were nothing regarding to that.

4) As said, Mans had Il Volo as competitor, who got about 9.5 Points per TV, while Conchita/Emmelie etc.. had "only" The Common Linnets/Zlata etc.. So Conchita/Emmelie had it easier to win Their Televoting.

lolita

Well, Sergey won televote over Jamala's political song (btw, it is not allowed to have political song on contest, but who cares), same situation as Il Volo/Mans, and noone is bashing Jamala. When it comes to Sweden, there are always double standars among fanbase.

nunaney

I see I am one of only 2 people to vote for Euphoria. :lol:

I have heard that song over 9000 times and I never want to listen to it again.

musicfan

I see I am one of only 2 people to vote for Euphoria. :lol:

I have heard that song over 9000 times and I never want to listen to it again.

I never particularly wanted to hear it, though there's some tough competition here with songs like Heroes and Only Teardrops. Tough choice.

I'd just like to say that Hero was way better than Heroes.

LalehForWD

Oh, I was so pleased that :pt: won, even though the song wasn't even close to being a winner. It was 100% the personality and the live performance that very night. The next day he was already pretty redundant. I can't actually say I was discontent of the winner any of these years. So if I have to pick one it has to be Portugal 2017. LMAO at Måns being the most voted.

Top Bottom