Contact us

Who is the worst recent ESC winner?

Which ESC winning song are you least likely to want to listen to again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bibha

Includes winners from 2012-2017.
Because Azerbaijan would probably win the poll if it's included.

:dk: 2013 so far if I excluding :az:.

It's good, but nothing special. Good song, good performer, and good staging. The overall package is not great though. Songwise the same goes for my second worst winner, :se: 2015.

The song is not spectacular, but the show is. It's still a treat for the eye to this day. That's why Måns is above Emmelie for me.
Outside of these two and Azerbaijan, all the winners this decade (including Lena) really deserved their victories. I would not question listen to them again and they have an such of a staying power for me. They lack the generic middling pop song-sound which drag down the worst ones, especially Azerbaijan!

carl1

I only REALLY like Only Teardrops, Heroes is ok too. The other 4 songs are awful, RLAP being the absolute worst

Ezio

Veteran
Why wo we have to have these negative polls everywhere? What's the meaning of finding the worst winner?

Why wo we have to have these negative polls everywhere? What's the meaning of finding the worst winner?

If something's wrong, it has to be fixed. This opens up to discussions and suggestions to make things better. I do agree that the negative tone when people expresse their opinions (even outside the Eurovision-bubble) is not what we need. The goal with this thread is to discuss with a openminded manner and in a constructive way even learn from the more disappointing aspects of Eurovision.

Bibha

If something's wrong, it has to be fixed. This opens up to discussions and suggestions to make things better. I do agree that the negative tone when people expresse their opinions (even outside the Eurovision-bubble) is not what we need. The goal with this thread is to discuss with a openminded manner and in a constructive way even learn from the more disappointing aspects of Eurovision.

Well said my friend.

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
Rise Like A Phoenix. Didn't like it winning all that much, but even so, it faded rapidly.

Realest

//////

tuorem

I voted for :se: "Heroes", which is by far the most random and nondescript winning song of this bunch, followed by :dk: "Only Teardrops", which was okay, but not worth a victory imo.

"Euphoria" - as a song - isn't a masterpiece by any means, but the whole package (staging + Loreen as a vocalist) elevated it a lot. Otherwise, I'm totally fine with "Rise Like A Phoenix", "1944" and "Amar Pelos Dois", especially the last two, which were the best efforts in their respective years in my book.

Muovivalas

I feel a bit bad about not liking Amor pelos dois. I couldn't stand it last year and still don't want to listen to it again unless paid or threatened by knife or something. I understand why people like it, but it just rubs me the wrong way round - although I desperately want to like it. I had already forgotten about Denmark although I prefer Only Teardrops over Rise Like a Phoenix any day.

Chorizo

I'm happy with the winners in the even years but not with the winners in the odd years. I voted for Portugal because I think a song contest should have a more contemporary winner.

DaFlo

Banned
Obviously Austria .. all kinds of atrocious.

Ukraine / Portugal / Denmark are all meh as well. Give winner good 2018 ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

LastDreamer

Banned
Austria 2014 - my all-time least favourite entry.
Ukraine 2016 and Sweden 2012 - both in my all-time five least favourite ESC songs too.

Top Bottom