Contact us

Who is satisfied with the semis' results this year?

doctormalisimo

Yes, I'm satisfied. Some of my favourites (Switzerland, Montenegro) didn't qualify, but that's life - I dont think my taste is superior to anyone else's and that songs I didnt like dont deserve to qualify.

I think the voters punished all the bad performances - Serbia, Croatia, Cyprus, Switzerland while they rewarded most of the good ones - Moldova, Azerbaijan, umm....Romania :oops:

ParadiseES

Semi 1: Belgium disturbs me a lot, but I can live with that.

Semi 2: Big disgrace!

Result --> Worst final since 2002. Scandsovietvision Song Contest.

No Austria
No San Marino
No Bulgaria

But other than that, I'm pleased with the results. 'Can't win 'em all'.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I'm happy with semi final 1, only sad for Cyprus but it wasn't the end of the world. Lovely to see The Netherlands qualify and other countries as well that were unexpected (even if I didn't like their songs).

I shan't start talking about the second one:rolleyes:

woutergoku

Well that The Netherlands are through is absolutely AMAZING... and i was happy with the results of the first Semi. Not with the 2nd semi, how is it possible that Armenia got through in stead of Israel who was the best singer yesterday. Valentina didn't sang good and the startposition didn't help, so i wasn't surprised, but I wanted San Marino in the final =)

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Semifinal 1: :nl: :by: SOOC others - good for me
Semifinal 2: the worst results ever, even don't want to talk about it

Jeansy

I'm pretty much satisfied with all the results except :hu:

DanielLuis

Semi-Final 1: I'd trade Montenegro for Belarus, but I can live with "Solayoh". I would have preferred Austria over Belgium, Ireland or Lithuania too, but I can live with it.
Semi-Final 2: I think Israel is one of the most underrated entries ever. Would trade Armenia, Romania and Azerbaijan for Israel, San Marino Bulgaria. Maybe Albania for Hungary (the song is good, but the performance was awful).

Overall SF1 was almost perfect, SF2 was worse, but not as bad as some people say. They just like to whine you know.

Jim

Although I wanted Cyprus, Israel & San Marino to qualify, I'm more sad about San Marino! It was a great song!

FilipFromSweden

Semi 1: Belgium disturbs me a lot, but I can live with that.

Semi 2: Big disgrace!

Result --> Worst final since 2002. Scandsovietvision Song Contest.

Better than Eastvision Song Contest 2007

cegs5

I'm satisfied even not all my faves qualified but I accept the rules of the game and don't waste my time giving ridicoulus pretexts.

About 2007, western countries deserved their flop, nothing to complain with the results at all, maybe couple of them should be ranked higher, like France and Finland, but that's all. It was a well deserved top 10 imo Why western countries complain if they send monstruosities like I love you mi vida or Flying the flag...?

FilipFromSweden

^ haha see? No votes for north/west

mono

NOT! how could Armenia qualify? San Marino and Israel are out? SHAAAAAAME

FilipFromSweden

esc87fan

I have a friend in the UK, and we both watched yesterday's semi while talking on Skype. He would have swapped Albania (he liked the flaming guitars) and Switzerland (it's grown on him) for either Finland, Romania or Georgia, and we both agreed that the semi 2 result was a total mess

mono

i also think georgia was baaaad. they didn't sing... they just went there to shout: waterfaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall"

Top Bottom