Contact us

Who is satisfied with the semis' results this year?

eugoose

Overall, I'm happy with Semi Final 1's results - mostly at :ee: :lt: :be: qualifying. Birgit converted me, and in my opinion, was by far, the best of the night. People have been, and still are, blinded by their bias with the favourites, but I found :dk: vocally poor, :ua: unengaging, and :nl: underwhelming (even though I love the latter two's tracks).

Semi Final 2 on the other hand was so, so bad. I don't understand the Israel hype to be honest - just because she can shout a song and has a superior range to most of the other singer, doesn't mean she has to over-complicate her song... I felt that Despina (:cy:) should've been in this semi and qualified instead of Georgia. Montenegro or Croatia would've also been a lovely substitution. I enjoyed :bg:, but just knew that the audience wouldn't understand them.

Mickey

Very happy with the semis thank you very much.

Would have liked Montenegro through in semi 1, but sending dubstep was always a risky mission.

It would have been nice to see San Marino in the final, but the disappointment is outweighed by the happy surprise of getting both Malta and Hungary through. In the end, I think the bad starting position cost Valentina her spot.

bashers

Semi 1 was incredible! Most of them should have go through. Whereas Semi 2 was shocking!! Nowhere near as polished, many more nervous singers and was definitely was ESC is well known for - variety and trash!

GRE

Why this happens every year?=>
1)The first semi is always weaker than the second
but
2)The qualifiers from 1st semi are usually the best ones,instead of 2nd semi,where some not good songs qualify.

KingOfKaroke

For me personally I am very satisfied overall. I feel that most of the songs that deserved to through did and I was pleased with the quality of music throughout. Specific thoughts are for;

Serbia and Montenegro - Solid vocals, good songs but the costumes would have given easy ammunition to critics of the contest (looking at my own UK in particular)
Austria & Cyprus - I think they deserved to be in the final based on the songs & vocals but I can see why they didn't make the cut. For me they just didn't do enough to grab my attention and stand out from the rest of the pack. I don't think they were helped by the running order either.

Israel & Finland - Israel had a better song and vocals but Finland song was more uptempo and energetic and thus more memorable and interesting to the casual viewer. It was also a more popular style of song, was fun and had alot of sex appeal as well.

San Marino - They should have been in the final and this is the only result that I don't agree with it.

Also, congratulations to Holland!

ZoboCamel

Mostly satisfied this year. Losing Montenegro to the likes of Belgium and Lithuania was certainly a shame, and I'm going to miss San Marino, Israel and Switzerland from SF2, but I've seen far worse semi qualifications in previous years. I was pleasantly surprised to see Serbia stay in the semis and Iceland get through, and I'm looking forward to seeing Romania again in the finals (really, am I the only one around who likes this song?). One of the better years for qualifications all-round, I think, and the big five + Sweden have mostly decent songs this year.

Verjamem

Knocking out the beautiful San Marino is too much for me. Semifinals results is horrible and very unfair this year.

greece

Semifinal1-:cy:,:me: and :rs: (with other staging) should have been in final
:dk:,:ru:,:lt: and :ee: should be out

Semifinal2-:sm:(mostly),:il:,:ch: and :bg: must have been in the final
:am:,:is:,:hu: and a bit :ge: must have been out of final

Top Bottom