Contact us

Who do #YOU want to win the Eurovision Song Contest 2018?

Who do #YOU want to win the Eurovision Song Contest 2018?

• :az: AZERBAIJAN - Aisel - X My Heart

0 0.0%
  • :by: BELARUS - Alekseev - Forever

0 0.0%
  • :hr: CROATIA - Franka - Crazy

0 0.0%
  • :lt: LITHUANIA - Ieva Zasimauskaitė - When We're Old

0 0.0%
  • :mt: MALTA - Christabelle - Taboo

0 0.0%
  • :md: MOLDOVA - DoReDos - My Lucky Day

0 0.0%
  • :me: MONTENEGRO - Vanja Radovanović - Inje

0 0.0%
  • :ch: SWITZERLAND - Zibbz - Stones

0 0.0%

• Total voters

mauve

Veteran
While I see Estonia as a potential no.1 winner, I don't think it should because it's lacking that special extra. But then again, if it does win (and I think it will) I don't mind because it's not the worst song and I can happily live with it. It's so much better than those overhyped songs like Sweden and Israel.

If it was up to me, I would like to see Rybak winning, because it's a stunning and breathtaking performance, plus he's so charismatic and likeable that I'd really grant him that victory.

Other countries I would love to win:

1. Denmark, because the song and staging is perfect, it's a "special theme" song (vikings) with cultural background and very catchy

2. Bulgaria, because the song is epic, so are their voices. Really strong, capturing atmosphere.

3. Montenegro, because... well, I'm saving time and words to explain why (apart from that I truly love that song and singer) because this is never going to happen

Songs I wouldn't mind winning: France, Italy, Greece

Wow ... you are talking out of my soul! Agree about Sweden and Israel being overhyped. Also agree about Rybak and Denmark. xgood

midnightsun

Veteran
Okay, so let's go Germany, 12 points to Norway this year?! :-)

I'm definitely voting for him on Thursday (and for Denmark & Montenegro).

mauve

Veteran
Okay, so let's go Germany, 12 points to Norway this year?! :-)

I'm definitely voting for him on Thursday (and for Denmark & Montenegro).

I will be voting for Rybak and Denmark too. :D Just love the Rybak song - it gives you so much joy and pleasure and you want to dance to it.

LalehForWD

I'm still the only one who voted for Benjamin :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Besides that obvious support for King and country, I would like any of the following to win

:bg: Equinox - Bones
:il: Netta - Toy
:ee: Elina Nechayeva - La Forza

with Bones touching my actual real music taste and therefore the favourite - Bulgaria it will be

Sorry dear neighbours, but the one I absolutely not want to win is
:no: Alexander Rybak - That's how you write a song

lolita

I'm still the only one who voted for Benjamin :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Besides that obvious support for King and country, I would like any of the following to win

:bg: Equinox - Bones
:il: Netta - Toy
:ee: Elina Nechayeva - La Forza

with Bones touching my actual real music taste and therefore the favourite

Sorry dear neighbours, but the one I absolutely not want to win is
:no: Alexander Rybak - That's how you write a song

I wanted to vote for him, but I thought people would kill me, LOL. After rehearsals I still want :se: and :ee: to win. ;) :se: is underrated this year, in my modest opinion.

lolita

lol so you voted for Serbia?

No, I didn't vote at all, but mostly because I want maybe 5 songs to win, I would vote if this were multiple choice poll. :D :lol: In this moment, from the songs that have winning potential, I love :se: and :ee: the most, and after that :cz:, :bg:, :fr:. :) And I also absolutely don't want :no: or :cy: or :md: to win.

lolita

Wow ... you are talking out of my soul! Agree about Sweden and Israel being overhyped. Also agree about Rybak and Denmark. xgood

Dearie, :se: is not overhyped, noone is basically talking about it in the fandom. Just to inform you. Israel is. Only people writing about :se: and giving the fuss about it are [MENTION=10594]LalehForWD[/MENTION] and me. On other forums situation is the same, and on the polls, and Youtube tops it is always between 15th and 25th place ranked, so I don't see any kind of overhype. :rolleyes:

mauve

Veteran
Dearie, :se: is not overhyped, noone is basically talking about it in the fandom. Just to inform you. Israel is. Only people writing about :se: and giving the fuss about it are [MENTION=10594]LalehForWD[/MENTION] and me.

Really? I feel as if many forum members write very positively about Sweden's song and its staging. Is it really just you two? At least Sweden doesn't get the hate that Norway does. :mad:

mauve

Veteran
Dearie, :se: is not overhyped, noone is basically talking about it in the fandom. Just to inform you. Israel is. Only people writing about :se: and giving the fuss about it are [MENTION=10594]LalehForWD[/MENTION] and me.

Really? I feel as if many forum members write very positively about Sweden's song and its staging. Is it really just you two? At least Sweden doesn't get the hate that Norway does. :mad:

LalehForWD

Norway doesn't get hate, they get sincere sympathy for having to drag Rybak's cheap crap along. We feel you!

lolita

Mostly, two of us, you can see it at the Swedish tread here. Just check the scoreboard from Ranking game, and look where is Sweden placed. :) Sweden is just slightly less hated than Norway, but both are hated so much in the fandom. Rybak will do well at the contest at least, he is very famous, so you shouldn't worry. ;)

mauve

Veteran
Mostly, two of us, you can see it at the Swedish tread here. Just check the scoreboard from Ranking game, and look where is Sweden placed. :) Sweden is just slightly less hated than Norway, but both are hated so much in the fandom. Rybak will do well at the contest at least, he is very famous, so you shouldn't worry. ;)

It's quite absurd to argue over who is more hated. :lol: And in fact, Benjamin is far from being in the bottom of my list, he is around 15 - 20. And I think that finally Sweden and Norway will end up in top 10, it is very probable. And my excitement is rising. :D

midnightsun

Veteran
Wow, just like in the good old Lena-Safura-Battletimes... at least the artists don‘t argue - yet :)
It‘s an exciting year so far! Last year everbody was sure that Francesco would win the whole contest in a rush and those few who didn‘t were like - ugh, booooring.
This year‘s a thousand times better. Can’t believe tomorrow‘s the first semi already!

A-lister

Veteran
Wow, just like in the good old Lena-Safura-Battletimes... at least the artists don‘t argue - yet :)
It‘s an exciting year so far! Last year everbody was sure that Francesco would win the whole contest in a rush and those few who didn‘t were like - ugh, booooring.
This year‘s a thousand times better. Can’t believe tomorrow‘s the first semi already!

There was actually such a thing as Lena vs. Safura? :lol: I've been around Esctoday and Escunited for quite some time now and I can't recall that, Lena had a winning entry, Safura's was just ridiculous...

Rybak could have learned something from Lena though to keep his dignity, she dared to come back the year after and managed to get a respectable top. 10 position while also showing growth musically and dared to send something that we have never heard in ESC before, Rybak on the other hand completely regressed xshrug

But yeah, it's sooo close now, bring it on xcheer

mauve

Veteran
There was actually such a thing as Lena vs. Safura? :lol: I've been around Esctoday and Escunited for quite some time now and I can't recall that, Lena had a winning entry, Safura's was just ridiculous...

Rybak could have learned something from Lena though to keep his dignity, she dared to come back the year after and managed to get a respectable top. 10 position while also showing growth musically and dared to send something that we have never heard in ESC before, Rybak on the other hand completely regressed xshrug

But yeah, it's sooo close now, bring it on xcheer

Hm. But like Lena Rybak will probably be also in top 10. That's respectable. :mrgreen:

midnightsun

Veteran
Actually it was only Safura (resp. her team and her fans) if I remember correctly. They stirred up a little bit the duel between Lena and Safura. I think Safura was first in the odds and she (resp. her team/fans) were quite confident she‘d win the contest in a landslide. They pushed her to the max (didnt Safura herself make some snarky remarks?) but what they didn‘t expect: Safura was an awful live singer plus her unlucky starting position at no 2. She only ended 5th I think which was quite a desaster because all of the promo they did to drag her into winning.

midnightsun

Veteran
Anyway, Rybak vs Ingrosso isn‘t anywhere on that level (it‘s maybe the fans only who stir things up) but I admit, this little Northern Neighbour battle is quite fun. Didn‘t have two fan camps teasing the other for some time I think. As long as it‘s just fun I think we need this in Eurovision. :-)

(Having said that: #teamrybak ! :))

mauve

Veteran
As long as Cyprus doesn't win. Completely overhyped now and not my song at all. :(

Top Bottom