Contact us

Who do you THINK will win ESC 2018?

Jacketh

Sorry if there is a thread like this - but I can't find one. This isn't about who you want to win, lets try and put personal bias aside. Will offer up my thoughts later!

Realest

I think Estonia will win (in the Opposite to my earlier Opinion) after a few weeks of Thinking. Its the Only Song where I can see the Jury and the TV-Appeal. Its the only Song tbh where I get Winner-Feelings and which I can imagine to be in a Row with "Amar Pelos Dias", "1944", "Heroes" etc.. I think Elina has everything that makes a Eurovision-Winner. The Look, the Personality, the Song, the Voice, the Attitude and the Potential of a sustainable international Career.

carl1

:bg: I have a feeling the staging will be epic and if the voices sound as good together as in the studio version, then We should be going to Sofia next year tbh.

Kaz

Controversial opinion but I think it'll be between :au::be::bg::ee::se:

Of course these are all in my top 10 :D

BernadetteCydonia

I don't know, really. For me it must be a song that can strike well in the lyrical section too (so there can be a chance for a bit generic/formulaic lyrical stuff) and that could be well imaginable as having a post-winner reprise 1 year later. And of course the song but the problem is that it could be anybody's game... but actually I'm expecting :ee: to win against all odds.

Unless someone comes up with a random sob story 2 weeks before the competition :lol: (nothing against Salvador, I even felt odd how even without knowing he had heart problems people were believed to cast "pity" votes for him... rly now :/)

aef

I think Estonia will win (in the Opposite to my earlier Opinion) after a few weeks of Thinking. Its the Only Song where I can see the Jury and the TV-Appeal. Its the only Song tbh where I get Winner-Feelings and which I can imagine to be in a Row with "Amar Pelos Dias", "1944", "Heroes" etc.. I think Elina has everything that makes a Eurovision-Winner. The Look, the Personality, the Song, the Voice, the Attitude and the Potential of a sustainable international Career.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sorry but I lost it while reading that comment...

FoxOfShadows

:bg:

In a contest as close as this year is, a song will have to do exceedingly well with both the jury AND the televote. Songs from :ee:, :il: and :se: will do well in one but not as well in the other. :bg: will score comfortably high with both and that'll be enough for them to win.

Jacketh

:bg:

In a contest as close as this year is, a song will have to do exceedingly well with both the jury AND the televote. Songs from :ee:, :il: and :se: will do well in one but not as well in the other. :bg: will score comfortably high with both and that'll be enough for them to win.

I've had this thought about both Bulgaria and Belgium.

blein

:ee::fr::it: or :il:
:bg: is my top 1 , but it think it is too dark for typical esc viewers.... it will do better than skeletons but not top 4.
I will laugh if :au: will win

A-lister

Veteran
I actually find it hard to guess this year, it looks as if Israel should win, but then again I don't think juries will support it enough and there are lots of anitsemites (since it's "popular" again in Europe yuck) that won't vote for it simply because it's Israel xshrug

I don't think Bulgaria is a winner candidate though, on the contrary I think they might even struggle to qualify from the semi (but I could be wrong).

I doubt a "Big 5" country would win, but if any of them will have a chance, it's France's year this time.

GermanBango

It's really hard to tell ...
:il: :ee: :ru: :se: :bg: could do very well in the Televoting
:bg: :be: :au: :se: :fr: could do very well with the Juries

So for now I'd say it's going to be either :se: or :bg:

Jacketh

I think a lot of people are having trouble this year because the songs that are seemingly favourites are also songs you can see either having trouble with either one of the Juries or Televotes. There aren't many songs you can say will score consistently well with both, like you could say that with Heroes for example.

There is uncertainty because of the perceived lack of charisma with La Forza, as well as how the Juries have previously ranked opera.
There is uncertainty over Toy because the Juries could just view the chicken noises as weird.

I'm watching Belgium, France, and the Netherlands. I know people aren't expecting much from the Netherlands, but I can really see the Juries loving it if he can bring the energy that he did when he first performed it. France is a major dark horse if they manage to get people talking about the actual lyrics and can covey the meaning of the song on stage.

aef

Because "this isn't about who you want to win, lets try and put personal bias aside." :ee: doesn't have any mass appeal to win Eurovision but it also doesn't have the "wow factor" to win like :ua: 2016 and :pt: 2017. You exaggerated like hell in your comment... It's a mediocre opera song, that's it. It might be better than :se: 2009 but it definitely won't do much better than that. Most people will just endure it with a cringy "ugh" feeling... This is not a winner at all, believe me. Don't get me wrong, I respect everyones personal taste but it's just annoying to see fanboys going crazy over certain songs year by year and acting like "this is heaven, this is will win by a landslide..." when it's not realistic at all. It feels like :il: 2014 when so many people obviously really thought that that crap would do well...

leelook

I think either :il: lives up to the hype and becomes the undisputed televote and jury winner, or it bombs and we get a new 2011 where no one can agree on a favorite and the winner is a song that scored bits and pieces from all over the place without getting a lot of 12s. :bg: seems like a good candidate for this. I could see :se: pulling it off as well.

Top Bottom