Contact us

Which country should win ESC 2021 ?

Who is your personal winner of ESC 2021 ?

• Switzerland : Tout l'Universe

• France : Voila

• Bulgaria : Growing up is getting Old

• Lithuania : Discotheque

• Malta : Je me Casse

• Finland : Dark Side

• Italy : Zitti e Buoni

• Iceland : 10 years

• Cyprus : El Diablo

• San Marino : Adrenalina

• Romania : Amnesia

• Greece : Last Dance

• Sweden : Voices

• Have we seen the live performance yet ?

• Others

• Ukraine: Shum

Results are only viewable after voting.

MrLordi

I mean why do so many people dislike those songs, in Finland everyone i've showed Tusse to loved it, and TIX is my fav

midnightsun

Veteran
I think Sweden will do much better in the televote this year than in the last years. We must not forget there is still a big part of an audience who only watches the grand final and didn’t follow anything that is related to ESC beforehand. So songs that are easy to get, the ones some of you call bland and generic, are always a safe choice. Voices is the most typical ESC song for a long time! It screams Eurovision in every direction so if this does not well in televote then only because this year we have a lot of unusual songs that might attract some new voters but I think Sweden will do very well.

tkris

I mean why do so many people dislike those songs, in Finland everyone i've showed Tusse to loved it, and TIX is my fav
For me , I don't dislike either of those songs. I liked Ut av morket , Fallen angel is ok.

Voices is ok. Will I vote for them ? No chance.

I also disliked Amar pelos dois. Many people did. But it won. Even if 99% people dislike a song , if the 1% who like it end up voting on the night , the song will win the televote.

Jim

:fr: France is the best song for me, this year. Barbara has a very powerful and emotional performance in a song that is characterized by quality in my opinion. She resembles to Edith Piaf.

mauve

Veteran
Since this thread is about personal winners, my top 5 would be:

:fi::it::ge::fr::lv:

The most possible of winners (of my wishes) would be probably :fr: or :it:.

A surprise winner would be fantastic (like maybe a landside televote winner Italy). And please hopefully not :ch::bg::se:.

tkris

Since this thread is about personal winners, my top 5 would be:

:fi::it::ge::fr::lv:

The most possible of winners (of my wishes) would be probably :fr: or :it:.

A surprise winner would be fantastic (like maybe a landside televote winner Italy). And please hopefully not :ch::bg::se:.
I do think even Finland is in with a great shot !

Iker

Veteran
I have a gut feeling it will be :ch:

Plus - it is favoured by bookies, sure it's not a guarantee of anything (Occidentali Carma springs to mind) but it still means something.

aardvark

FSC Mod
Staff member
The most likely winner I can see at the moment is :ch:. The only downside is that it is a male piano-ballad, and already the comparisons with Arcade abound. I do not think this is fair, as the songs are actually more different than they are alike. While it is true that we never have a winner in the same style as the previous one, we must also remember that we had a gap year, which has never happened before, and we don't know what the effect of this will be, but it may just clear the way for Tout l'univers.

I am also expecting :ch: to do very well with juries (very likely the jury winner), but also to place very high with the televote; while I am struggling to find another entry with the same possible appeal to both.

:lt: :is: :sm: will all do very well with the televote, and are possible televote winners, but will do less well with juries, and the same goes for all the other female dance tracks / bops like :cy: :gr: etc.

Conversely :bg: :mt: and :fr: I expect to be jury darlings, but not exactly so popular with the televote.

The only other entries that I can think of which may possibly appeal to both jury and televote are :fi: and :it:

:it: seems to be more popular than I expected, and it may actually be a contender, but I am a bit worried with the history of rock in ESC, and in this case quite a few people may find it too "noisy".

:fi: is not a true rock entry (rather a hard pop), and in fact some people are complaining that it is a sell-out rock entry; but this does in fact make it more approachable, and gives it a much broader appeal, when compared to the (more authentic) grittiness of the Italian entry. It should do extremely well with the televote, and with the exactly right circumstances also has chances to be accepted and rewarded by the juries, so it may in fact be a dark horse.

I do not consider :se: and :ro: to be contenders at all, for various reasons which I am not going to elaborate on here.

tldr: :ch: is my predicted winner, with :fi: as a possible dark horse to watch out for.

tkris

The most likely winner I can see at the moment is :ch:. The only downside is that it is a male piano-ballad, and already the comparisons with Arcade abound. I do not think this is fair, as the songs are actually more different than they are alike. While it is true that we never have a winner in the same style as the previous one, we must also remember that we had a gap year, which has never happened before, and we don't know what the effect of this will be, but it may just clear the way for Tout l'univers.

I am also expecting :ch: to do very well with juries (very likely the jury winner), but also to place very high with the televote; while I am struggling to find another entry with the same possible appeal to both.

:lt: :is: :sm: will all do very well with the televote, and are possible televote winners, but will do less well with juries, and the same goes for all the other female dance tracks / bops like :cy: :gr: etc.

Conversely :bg: :mt: and :fr: I expect to be jury darlings, but not exactly so popular with the televote.

The only other entries that I can think of which may possibly appeal to both jury and televote are :fi: and :it:

:it: seems to be more popular than I expected, and it may actually be a contender, but I am a bit worried with the history of rock in ESC, and in this case quite a few people may find it too "noisy".

:fi: is not a true rock entry (rather a hard pop), and in fact some people are complaining that it is a sell-out rock entry; but this does in fact make it more approachable, and gives it a much broader appeal, when compared to the (more authentic) grittiness of the Italian entry. It should do extremely well with the televote, and with the exactly right circumstances also has chances to be accepted and rewarded by the juries, so it may in fact be a dark horse.

I do not consider :se: and :ro: to be contenders at all, for various reasons which I am not going to elaborate on here.

tldr: :ch: is my predicted winner, with :fi: as a possible dark horse to watch out for.
Never agreed more with anyone else. 🎉

ory26

Still the same arguments every year, it seem your learn nothing from the last years results :

:it: 2017 will won so easly, number 1 everywhere.....
:pt: 2017 will do well with the jury, but not really with the televote....
:il: 2018 will be top 3 with the televote, but will be struggle with the jury...
:nl: 2019, BEST SONG EVER, will won with more points than Portugal in 2017....

For now, without the staging and/or live, there are still around 10 countries i can see win.

Which is my biggest turn-off for that entry and I'm sure for others too. She tries too much to emulate Edith instead of trying to stand on her own.

If people really want a quality French act to win it should be :ch: tbh

She don't stand on her own ?? She didn't need a group of composers to compose a genric balad, which in final is just a french version of Arcade. Barbara wrote and composed her song, a song about herself and a song where the emotion are real and not faked like :ch: try to do do with his zero emotion face's and his ugly high notes .

If peoples really want quality AND authenticity, is :fr: and without competiton ;)

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
She don't stand on her own ?? She didn't need a group of composers to compose a genric balad, which in final is just a french version of Arcade. Barbara wrote and composed her song, a song about herself and a song where the emotion are real and not faked like :ch: try to do do with his zero emotion face's and his ugly high notes .

No, she didn't need a group of composers, she composed a stereotypical French ballad on her own lol. Switzerland might not be entirely original - as if there is any Eurovision song that is one hundred percent original at this point - but screaming about authenticity from the rooftops for the French entry seems a bit too much for me. I listened to her other songs where she is more herself rather than an impersonator.

tkris

They've started a similar poll on the main site and there Italy , France and Switzerland are neck and neck. Malta isn't particularly close there , unlike here. The number of voters there are more though, I guess but mostly from UK .

tkris

They've started a similar poll on the main site and there Italy , France and Switzerland are neck and neck. Malta isn't particularly close there , unlike here. The number of voters there are more though, I guess but mostly from UK .
Malta there got 10 votes in the first 150 voters but 12 in the next 100. On the Eurovisionworld poll Malta is comfortably in the lead by over 400 votes.

lasse braun

Malta there got 10 votes in the first 150 voters but 12 in the next 100. On the Eurovisionworld poll Malta is comfortably in the lead by over 400 votes.
in my opinium these votes are mostly worthless because only ESC-bubblevotes.
good example here also the wiwipolls - very often far away friom the results. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

tkris

in my opinium these votes are mostly worthless because only ESC-bubblevotes.
good example here also the wiwipolls - very often far away friom the results. :ROFLMAO:
Wiwibloggs polls are tweeted by the artists and it skews results(Greece/Croatia ) , I've not seen any artist tweet or use social media for the ESCunited poll . None can give us an exact result as in May , but I guess this one could be closer than say Wiwibloggs hijacked polls

Top Bottom