Contact us

Which country should win ESC 2021 ?

Who is your personal winner of ESC 2021 ?

• Switzerland : Tout l'Universe

• France : Voila

• Bulgaria : Growing up is getting Old

• Lithuania : Discotheque

• Malta : Je me Casse

• Finland : Dark Side

• Italy : Zitti e Buoni

• Iceland : 10 years

• Cyprus : El Diablo

• San Marino : Adrenalina

• Romania : Amnesia

• Greece : Last Dance

• Sweden : Voices

• Have we seen the live performance yet ?

• Others

• Ukraine: Shum

Results are only viewable after voting.

tkris

Which of these entries do you think don't deserve a mention in this poll . Which entry not included do you think should be included ?

Compiled Tops as of 1/4/2021:

Eurovisionworld poll :
1)Malta 11% votes
2) Switzerland 10%
3) France 7%
7) Italy 4%

ESCunited Poll :
1) Switzerland 11%
2) Italy 10%
3) Finland 9%
4) Malta/France 8%

Euroscoreboards:
1)Switzerland 126 k
2)Malta 102k
3)San Marino 96k
4)Cyprus 91k
5)France 86k
7)Italy 71k

YouTube views needed to get a new like:
1)Italy : 20
2)Finland : 21
3)Ukraine : 26
4)Iceland : 27
8)France : 34
9)Switzerland : 36
30)Malta : 81

Last edited:

tkris

Which of these entries do you think don't deserve a mention in this poll . Which entry not included do you think should be included ?
The only country high in odds that I've omitted is Norway , cause I don't think it is even qualifying let alone win.

mauve

Veteran
Well, from MY point of view Sweden shouldn't be up there (unfortunately they will be with this bland song). But I think :az: deserves a spot here as well.Efendi isn't my most favorite one, but still high on my list. Who knows what will happen once we see the performances?

tkris

Well, from MY point of view Sweden shouldn't be up there (unfortunately they will be with this bland song). But I think :az: deserves a spot here as well.Efendi isn't my most favorite one, but still high on my list. Who knows what will happen once we see the performances?
I do think , Azerbaijan has a competitive song. But the song involves too little singing , 88 seconds of singing out which 25 seconds are "ma-ma-ma-ma mata Hari ". It will undoubtedly do well , yes , I was thinking of including it in the poll too

Iker

Veteran
I would not mind :az: doing well this year but I liked 'Cleopatra' way more. IMHO I can rather see Tamta / Equinox type of result for it where early hype does not get fulfilled.

mauve

Veteran
I would not mind :az: doing well this year but I liked 'Cleopatra' way more. IMHO I can rather see Tamta / Equinox type of result for it where early hype does not get fulfilled.
I liked Cleopatra also more, I think because it had surprising and unexpected moments whereas Mata Hari is more melodious and accessible. I also doubt that she will be winning, but I can see her being in the top 10.

Iker

Veteran
I liked Cleopatra also more, I think because it had surprising and unexpected moments whereas Mata Hari is more melodious and accessible. I also doubt that she will be winning, but I can see her being in the top 10.
Interesting ... as I found Cleo more melodious actually, the lyrics are iconic too 'straight, gay or in between', and those rolling r's made it more special and memorable.

mauve

Veteran
Interesting ... as I found Cleo more melodious actually, the lyrics are iconic too 'straight, gay or in between', and those rolling r's made it more special and memorable.
That's funny how people see songs differently. :) To me it's really the other way around.

tkris

With all due respect, but a poll that singles out certain entries and ask "who is your personal winner" is hard to vote in, I chose "others"
Well that's why it's followed by a question , which entry do you think should have been included ? Realistically I've included all songs which at this moment stand a chance of winning . The framing of the question is meant to mean " which song do you see winning " as opposed to which song is your favourite .

If multiple people say they see one particular entry winning and it hasn't been included in the poll , I shall include it.

tkris

Same , the rolling Rs and the lyrics , and the continuous build felt more natural . The last minute of Mata Hari is just instrumental/beats building up and then the song ends , very anti-climactic

Iker

Veteran
Same , the rolling Rs and the lyrics , and the continuous build felt more natural . The last minute of Mata Hari is just instrumental/beats building up and then the song ends , very anti-climactic
'Mata Hari' feels also unfinished to me in some parts and I feel in want for something after it ends, unlike last year when I felt sated.

Mrm

Veteran
Rafal & Alizee of course! xlove xheart

Add that to the poll, please...

A-lister

Veteran
Well that's why it's followed by a question , which entry do you think should have been included ? Realistically I've included all songs which at this moment stand a chance of winning . The framing of the question is meant to mean " which song do you see winning " as opposed to which song is your favourite .

If multiple people say they see one particular entry winning and it hasn't been included in the poll , I shall include it.

I understand and I get your point, but the thread title is "which country should win?" and the poll asks "who is your personal winner?", so both are pretty subjective questions. I agree with you though that if the question is rather an objective "who do you think will win?", then it does make sense I guess to narrow it down to the ones highest in the odds and various polls.

tkris

I understand and I get your point, but the thread title is "which country should win?" and the poll asks "who is your personal winner?", so both are pretty subjective questions. I agree with you though that if the question is rather an objective "who do you think will win?", then it does make sense I guess to narrow it down to the ones highest in the odds and various polls.

Yeah, that wording would make the voters understand better what I was trying to ask. I will keep it in mind. English is not my first language. 😅

tkris

Rafal & Alizee of course! xlove xheart

Add that to the poll, please...
Polish fans themselves are trying to detract from their entry making it the most disliked song of ESC 2021. I do see an appeal to it though .

I am confused as to who Alizee is ?

Anthony Tesla

I kinda wish Switzerland, if only to please the trivia nerd in me:

* A country that would've won three times in a national language, and every single one in French.
* There would be some sort of historical significance to each one of those victories: the very first one, another one that kickstarted the career of one of the most famous singers of the last decades, and the one after the one (and hope only) time the contest was cancelled.
* I can see some sort of symbolism on this potential victory: sort of, a rebirth: we begin again, with the country that won for the first time.

Loindici

Veteran
For the current selection, I think :bg:, :ch:, :lt:, or :mt: might win just because it'll make an interesting storyline.

Ezio

Veteran
Eurovision Song Contest
Ta' Xbiex 2022