Contact us

Which countries will get their best ever placing?

tsegaye

I couldn't see any thread like this posted this year so the big question is: Will any performers of the Eurovision Song Contest achieve their country's best ever placing this year? I'll go ahead and guess first!

:sm: - Even if San Marino is quite unpredictable I can't see this one flopping hard enough to not make the final, and with the rumors of Flo Rida joining on stage it feels like this could create a buzz strong enough to earn some votes. With Flo Rida the top 10 feels sealed, otherwise it depends on the staging. But overall it should place higher than 19th in the final (sorry Serhat xheart)

I now realized that this is the only entry I think will make it lol. What about you?

tkris

San Marino for sure !!
Lithuania could possibly go big on televote and finish 4th/5th !
Cyprus , Bulgaria And Malta are theoretically in with a shot of improving their result , but I don't really see it happening . Malta's odds seem deceitful to me .

Swede12

San Marino is the absolute safest bet for an improved placing. I would say Slovenia has a chance as well, looking at what happened with North Macedonia in 2019 pulling off a 6th place is not impossible.

Out of the winner contenders which have a second place at best I would say Malta has the best shot.

heke1988

:sm: absolutely (if not, then it will be biggest surprise of this Eurovision season)

Also :lt: may get their best result, but it will be very close.

Others I don't think so.

heke1988

:lt:
:sm:
:fr: to get their best result in a long time.

What is your definition in a long time? France was 6th in 2016. Better than that? :unsure:

heke1988

1st-3rd it should be.

It will depend on France's jury support. France will fight televote points for example with Switzerland and Bulgaria. I think, they will eat each other's points on televotes.

Last edited:

Iker

Veteran
It will depend on France's jury support. France will fight televote points for example with Switzerland and Bulgaria. I think, they will eat each other's points on televotes.
Or maybe they will not. I can see both Switzerland & France getting 7 to 12 points simultaneously in the same countries frequently. These entries are not all that similar either besides being sung in French. As a matter of fact I believe that 'cancelling' rarely takes place and mostly when entries follow each other.

WhoKnows

Would've been helpful to have a list of each country's highest result.

I agree Lithuania and San Marino have a good chance. I can envision a scenario where Romania wins.

tsegaye

Okay I'll change my minds because my prediction was so boring:

:ro: - I just have some kind of feeling that Romania will stage the song perfectly, and it's SO radio friendly that I can't see any juror not merit the song. I have some kind of Arcade vibe over this one, except for the fact that Arcade was the favorite to win of course. So i guess that they will equal their best ever placing by finishing third, or even higher.

tsegaye

Would've been helpful to have a list of each country's highest result.

I agree Lithuania and San Marino have a good chance. I can envision a scenario where Romania wins.
Hahah I agree! I was going to link a list of that that was on Wikipedia before but it's gone now, so I just forgot about it. But here is a Youtube-video with each country's best ever placing, all years included except for 2019 (when :mk: achieved 7th place and :sm: 19th).

Lance Esgard

San Marino, definitely. It's a low bar. All they need to do is qualify and get higher than 19th. Even if they flop, compared to what they could get, they should be left side of the scoreboard.

Lithuania has a solid shot of equalling or bettering their best-ever sixth place. Fourth or fifth is very doable. Malta, I guess, has a chance of getting their first-ever win, or equalling their best-ever second place although I don't personally understand the appeal at all and think its very overrated. Bulgaria has a better chance of equalling or beating their best-ever second place but I don't see them doing it this year.

Carlkva

The 3 that I see the highest likelihood getting their best results ever are:

San Marino will get its best-ever placing, this will place above 19th, I can't see this below top 15 unless they mess up staging big time
Lithuania- I think the fandom has gotten over it, but the majority of people will hear this for the first time on the night and therefore I see this in the top 5 or even higher, surpassing 6th place
Malta- Contender for the win, could surpass 2nd place and win it all (might be wishful thinking though)

rasmuslights

Veteran
Okay I'll change my minds because my prediction was so boring:

:ro: - I just have some kind of feeling that Romania will stage the song perfectly, and it's SO radio friendly that I can't see any juror not merit the song. I have some kind of Arcade vibe over this one, except for the fact that Arcade was the favorite to win of course. So i guess that they will equal their best ever placing by finishing third, or even higher.
Romania will in my opinion for sure get a top 10 result.. It's by far one of the most modern tracks this year and not to mention Roxen's charisma... + Romanian diaspora is quite big so televote should not be too low as well.

Top Bottom