Contact us

Which countries will be next to return/debut?

Chorizo

I hope Lebanon and perhaps some North African countires. Kosovo has a good music scene, I believe, but it may not be possible for political reason. And by the way Syria is closer to Europe than Israel and Lebanon so maybe some time in the future.

As long as Israel is in, this seems very unlikely. If Israel dropped out, Eurovision would probably be too gay for them.

nikolay_BG

Banned
We wont see Lebanon in until Israel is in the contest. It's a shame because Lebanon has an amazing music scene but they hate Israel with passion.

Kazakhstan is a nice choice though. They won Turkovision and have a decent music scene. I'd like to see Kosovo aswell.

Brandt

but they hate Israel with passion.

More than that, there are laws against to broadcast anything related to Israel if I remember correctly. I don't think the hate between Lebanon and Israel is more than the hate between Armenia and Azerbaijan.

Sammy

Veteran
If Britain leaves the EU, than we might see Scotland as a new independent state debute in eurovision next year....

GRE

If Britain leaves the EU, than we might see Scotland as a new independent state debute in eurovision next year....

Why ?
They made a referendum and Scotland will still be a part of UK.

Cyberbliss

And by the way Syria is closer to Europe than Israel and Lebanon so maybe some time in the future.

It's not really correct. Syria may be closer to Turkey and has a short stripe on the Mediterranean, but Israel and Lebanon are much more European than Syria. Syria is out of any plausible boundary for ESC.

The only available choices would be Lebanon and Kazakhstan, I wouldn't get any other into consideration (if not for a one-shot appearance, and still not too keen on that idea too)

nikolay_BG

Banned
More than that, there are laws against to broadcast anything related to Israel if I remember correctly. I don't think the hate between Lebanon and Israel is more than the hate between Armenia and Azerbaijan.

Armenia and Azerbaijan at least broadcast their performances. They also gave a few points to each other in the past. Lebanon doesn't want to broadcast the Israeli performance. TBH, in the end of the day, that's their own problem. We wont ditch Israel just because of Lebanon. Israel is a 3 time winner after all. ;)

You don't see Serbians bitching for broadcasting the Albanian entries or Ukraine and Russia being divas about broadcasting their enemy's performance. Russia did the broadcast of Conchita even if it's against their laws. The only diva here is Lebanon and I don't think we should make a compromise for them.

Brandt

Armenia and Azerbaijan at least broadcast their performances. They also gave a few points to each other in the past. Lebanon doesn't want to broadcast the Israeli performance. TBH, in the end of the day, that's their own problem. We wont ditch Israel just because of Lebanon. Israel is a 3 time winner after all. ;)

You don't see Serbians bitching for broadcasting the Albanian entries or Ukraine and Russia being divas about broadcasting their enemy's performance. Russia did the broadcast of Conchita even if it's against their laws. The only diva here is Lebanon and I don't think we should make a compromise for them.

Well, your answer is so random. So be it then.

Sammy

Veteran
Why ?
They made a referendum and Scotland will still be a part of UK.

because scotland is massivly pro eu and a brexit will most likely trigger another referendum giving the fact that being part of the eu was a huge argument for many scots to vote against seperation in the first one.

Chorizo

How is that even related? :lol:

GRE

I don't know who will debut or return,
but i know three things for sure.
1) I don't want small countries with less than 300.000 population to participate.
2) I want some Arab countries to make a step forward, and dare to do it (Morocco, Tunisia, Lebanon).
3) I want -at least- the winner of Asiavision as guest in the Grand Final of Eurovision.

Kitakaze

Definitely Scotland if the Britain leaves the EU. A lot of people don't seem to realise but it's incredibly unlikely the UK will stay together if that happens. Scottish independence will be guaranteed.

DanielLuis

I don't know who will debut or return,
but i know three things for sure.
1) I don't want small countries with less than 300.000 population to participate.
2) I want some Arab countries to make a step forward, and dare to do it (Morocco, Tunisia, Lebanon).
3) I want -at least- the winner of Asiavision as guest in the Grand Final of Eurovision.

Just why do countries with less than 300000 population have no right to participate? Iceland and Malta, two countries with a big Eurovision history and tradition and that have made big efforts in the last few years are just a little bit above that limit. Iceland has 323000 people. If their population decreased a bit ou wouldn't want them to participate because of it?

GRE

Just why do countries with less than 300000 population have no right to participate? Iceland and Malta, two countries with a big Eurovision history and tradition and that have made big efforts in the last few years are just a little bit above that limit. Iceland has 323000 people. If their population decreased a bit ou wouldn't want them to participate because of it?

I want Iceland and Malta in !
How much can their population decreased ? 200.000 ? I will still want them in !
The problem is the really tiny countries, they don't use televoting, and i don't like this situation at all.

Dessi

I sooo want Sweden to withdraw...
We don't need ESC.
We don't need EBU.
Nobody needs US.
Life would be so much more fun without it. To spend springtime outside with your family not even bothering with all the ESC-bullshit...
Oh, what a lovely thought. :rolleyes:xlove xlove xheart

Nikkita

I sooo want Sweden to withdraw...
We don't need ESC.
We don't need EBU.
Nobody needs US.
Life would be so much more fun without it. To spend springtime outside with your family not even bothering with all the ESC-bullshit...
Oh, what a lovely thought. :rolleyes:xlove xlove xheart
Ugh yes your country did a terrible job. Get over it drama queen. People have real problems.

Top Bottom