Contact us

Where will it be hosted?

Mainshow

Veteran
That´s so soon! I didn´t expect them to announce the host city all of a sudden!

My bet is on Glasgow but I wouldn´t mind Liverpool either - booth options are good (on paper).

Even though they robbed my lovely Cheryl as a host and interval act in Newcastle :(

EscUKFan

We were confirmed as the host country two months after the contest yet we’re still announcing the host city earlier than Turin (ok only by one day but still :LOL:)

A-lister

Veteran
We were confirmed as the host country two months after the contest yet we’re still announcing the host city earlier than Turin (ok only by one day but still :LOL:)

Well, I think it just shows the lack of professionalism in the Italian organization (as we unfortunately witnessed with ESC'22).

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Hopefully they give us dates also. I need to book time off from work.

EscUKFan

I‘m 99% sure it’s Liverpool at this point.
omg I think I was wrong :lol:

The Hydro has deleted all events from the website that were due to take place in April and May, including Andre Rieu on the 27th which might hint at certain dates..

Nicfedy

Gutted for Glasgow. Well done Liverpool. Could somebody please tell Sonia she didn’t lose by 1 point, it was more like 23 and to a much superior entry than her teeny bop effort.

Zeus

Was more interested in Glasgow. Liverpool feels a bit meh to me.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Hotel rates in Liverpool already ridiculous - scalpers are out in force everyone!

Luckily, people have the luxury of Manchester right next door, or even somewhere like Chester for hotels.

theditz83

Veteran
My hubby that works at Premier Inn has just received an email advising that they are closing out all of their nearby hotels until they can work out the rates. Says it all really...

I'll sleep in my car if I need to haha

Brandt

The logo seems really awkward when you have the Ukrainian flag, but the UK country title with a city in the UK.

In my personal opinion, they should have just acknowledged it to be the UK as it is very confusing right now. It is about the host country anyway, not who has won the last time.

Last edited:

esc87fan

Other likely key dates to keep in mind prior to the contest:

Semifinal Allocation Draw: Either the week of the 22nd or the 29th of January 2023 (I'm guessing the week of the 29th)
Song Submission Deadline/HoD Meetings: Week of the 12th of March 2023 (as it's usually the second week of March when this happens)

Top Bottom