Contact us

Where will it be hosted?

Romeo

Come on Newcastle and Birmingham 🥳
I live in Liverpool you know?!?! Neither of those say Liverpool! I will allow you to correct yourself... Just once! :LOL:

theditz83

Veteran
Y'all are seriously at risk of losing your invitations to the party of 2023 in #GarysBackYard - Glasgow is the obvious option, but y'know we're Scottish and of course that means we aren't really the first thought when someone says "UK" - if I have to listen to one more celebrity (mostly from the US) refer to the UK as "England" I will lose it :lol:

Hydro is an amazing venue, and it has the adjacent SEC that would make a very capable press centre (that's where the recent COP conference took place). Euroclub can be in SWG3, a mere 15 minute walk from the Hydro. And the fan zone can be held in Glasgow Green (and the bottom of my road) like they did during the Euro 2020 finals, plenty of space for big screens, bars... It's all too perfect.

But regardless I will be heading to the host city during ESC week xheya

HarryUK

Y'all are seriously at risk of losing your invitations to the party of 2023 in #GarysBackYard - Glasgow is the obvious option, but y'know we're Scottish and of course that means we aren't really the first thought when someone says "UK" - if I have to listen to one more celebrity (mostly from the US) refer to the UK as "England" I will lose it :lol:

Hydro is an amazing venue, and it has the adjacent SEC that would make a very capable press centre (that's where the recent COP conference took place). Euroclub can be in SWG3, a mere 15 minute walk from the Hydro. And the fan zone can be held in Glasgow Green (and the bottom of my road) like they did during the Euro 2020 finals, plenty of space for big screens, bars... It's all too perfect.

But regardless I will be heading to the host city during ESC week xheya
I'm in no way suggesting Glasgow is an unfit host, but don't they have one of the highest crime rates in Europe and I read once that 1 in 5 murders in Scotland have been committed in Glasgow. Don't get me wrong - I go out in London more times than I like to admit (mainly Heaven) and I have at times not felt safe, but do you think the police can handle the safety of tens of thousands of eurofans? COP26 was a totally different ball game as you had individual's private security

theditz83

Veteran
I'm in no way suggesting Glasgow is an unfit host, but don't they have one of the highest crime rates in Europe and I read once that 1 in 5 murders in Scotland have been committed in Glasgow. Don't get me wrong - I go out in London more times than I like to admit (mainly Heaven) and I have at times not felt safe, but do you think the police can handle the safety of tens of thousands of eurofans? COP26 was a totally different ball game as you had individual's private security
As someone that has called this glorious city home for 10 years, I have never once felt like my life was in danger. Are there impoverished areas that have their fair share of issues? Sure. But what major city doesn't have those areas? Glasgow has very competently hosted the Commonwealth Games in 2014 and Euro 2020 football championships last year, with police and security all ensuring that fans were safe. But I get it - you'll always safer with what you know and you're familiar with; I've always felt uneasy walking in London at night for example, but that's because I just don't feel sure that I would know where the safest places are.

One thing Glaswegians are infamous for its for making everyone feel welcome when it comes to parties and celebrations, and they'd definitely embrace Eurovision in the same way they'd embrace a stag or hen do in the city centre on a Friday night by making everyone feel included and welcome xup

Last edited:

HarryUK

As someone that has called this glorious city home for 10 years, I have never once felt like my life was in danger. Are their impoverished areas that have their fair share of issues? Sure. But what major city doesn't have those areas? Glasgow has very competently hosted the Commonwealth Games in 2014 and Euro 2020 football championships last year, with police and security all ensuring that fans were safe. But I get it - you'll always safer with what you know and you're familiar with; I've always felt uneasy walking in London at night for example, but that's because I just don't feel sure that I would know where the safest places are.

One thing Glaswegians are infamous for its for making everyone feel welcome when it comes to parties and celebrations, and they'd definitely embrace Eurovision in the same way they'd embrace a stag or hen do in the city centre on a Friday night by making everyone feel included and welcome xup
That's re-assuring. A group of us have pre-empted Glasgow hosting so have already booked accommodation!!

If it's in Glasgow though, I have a wedding in the middle weekend of May so I'll be darting from Sussex to Glasgow more times than my bank account would like me to lol

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
That's re-assuring. A group of us have pre-empted Glasgow hosting so have already booked accommodation!!

Someone I know suggested I book something in every location and then just cancel the ones I wont need. :lol: I don't have that kind of money though so i'll have to wait. Although 2 of my work colleagues are currently discussing their holiday plans in May, so the BBC better hurry the hell up and announce the dates. I'll be so upset if this is the first year ever that I have to work through Eurovision week.

Mainshow

Veteran
Jesus. We´ve got 7 potential host cities and no single date yet - are these delusional and desperate hardcore stans blocking hotel rooms/accommodation in 7 cities for a whole month?

Wow. that level of dedication

theditz83

Veteran
Yep, I know several people have booked hotels for 5 Saturdays in each host city, all on fully refundable rates - but they always have had more money than most... 😂

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Yep, I know several people have booked hotels for 5 Saturdays in each host city, all on fully refundable rates - but they always have had more money than most... 😂

They're lucky London isn't in the running. Their hotel rates are extortionate enough without a major event being piled on top also. :lol:

HarryUK

They're lucky London isn't in the running. Their hotel rates are extortionate enough without a major event being piled on top also. :lol:
This is why I wanted London. I'd have been home and in bed at the very latest 1hr after the final ends lol

HarryUK

Same - although there is no way I'd be heading straight to bed if the contest is in Glasgow, I'd be doing the after-party rounds xup
I would be on the Saturday but after the semi finals I'd be straight to bed, I'd have work lol

HarryUK

Someone I know suggested I book something in every location and then just cancel the ones I wont need. :lol: I don't have that kind of money though so i'll have to wait. Although 2 of my work colleagues are currently discussing their holiday plans in May, so the BBC better hurry the hell up and announce the dates. I'll be so upset if this is the first year ever that I have to work through Eurovision week.
The beauty of booking dot com's pay on arrival and free cancellation 24hr before policy

theditz83

Veteran
Horrible news coverage this week on the tragic shootings in Liverpool. I can't help but feel that will have a negative effect on their bid. :(

EscUKFan

Another announcement coming later today. I’d imagine they’re announcing the final two with the winning bid being revealed on Friday.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
For selfish reasons with ease of travelling I'm gonna root for Liverpool, but i think we all know Glasgow is the clear favourite.

I like the promotional videos some cities have made for their bids. I saw one for Liverpool and one for Leeds. The effort being poured into it each bid is great, its exciting to see.

Nicfedy

For selfish reasons with ease of travelling I'm gonna root for Liverpool, but i think we all know Glasgow is the clear favourite.

I like the promotional videos some cities have made for their bids. I saw one for Liverpool and one for Leeds. The effort being poured into it each bid is great, its exciting to see.
It’s a shame the promotional videos didn’t go public, as it would have been interesting. Liverpool was my early favourite but having just been to Glasgow, it’s an amazing, attractive and vibrant city and would be great host. Whoever misses out should get first refusal if UK 😱actually wins it soon and the country is not too poor to host.

Top Bottom