Contact us

Where will it be hosted?

MopManMoss

Veteran
Too be honest I kinda doubt that the contest will be held in :sc: since Nicola Sturgeon announced plans for a second independence referendum. Will the BBC really "grant" them the show?? xthink
The constitutional policy agenda of the Scottish government is completely and utterly irrelevant to where the BBC will host a potential UK Eurovision

ESC94

The constitutional policy agenda of the Scottish government is completely and utterly irrelevant to where the BBC will host a potential UK Eurovision

Maybe you´re right, but I´m still unsure.

Otherwise Manchester would be a cool choice as well.

esc87fan

The UK fans are really pumped up about this, they have every right to be as they finally had a song and artist after all this time they could really get behind. There's some very interesting host city proposals

musicfan

Too be honest I kinda doubt that the contest will be held in :sc: since Nicola Sturgeon announced plans for a second independence referendum. Will the BBC really "grant" them the show?? xthink
Nothing to do with them it's the BBC [which is British Broadcasting Corporation], and they have to be granted any second chance vote by the UK government. They were granted the first by the British government, no idea why really. Obviously nationalists [SNP] will always be nationalists, but there's the law as well.

I'm ok with wherever. As long as someone doesn't bring stupid antagonistic politics into it. And if national flags have to be waved people can wave the union flag.

theditz83

Veteran
Nicola Sturgeon will always do her utmost to advertise Scotland as the premier stage for international events, hence her quick statement in the wake of the EBU decision about Ukraine. BBC is indeed "British Broadcasting Corporation" but just across the Clyde river from the Hydro and SEC complex that would host the contest in Glasgow won is the HQ of BBC Scotland, which not only produces shows for a Scottish audience but also is the setting for the recording of a massive number of popular game/quiz shows that are broadcast nationally. The BBC agenda in my eyes should not be to exclude host cities because they happen to be in a part of the UK that has Nationalist political parties that wish for independence - if that was the case, we should discount Cardiff and Belfast also.

Let's not dwell on external politics - I get the concern, but trust me, all Nicola Sturgeon will want to shout about should the contest come to Scotland is just how amazing the country is to aid her country's image on a European/Global stage, since the tourism industry (particularly from outside the UK) is a massive revenue driver for the Scottish economy.

Anyway, back on the general topic of who will host - does anyone have any insider contacts or hints of info as to when we might find out when the EBU/BBC will make a decision? My friends are driving me INSANE wanting daily updates, and I'm starting to run out of new exciting developments to give them :lol:

Romeo

England have had it... Scotland have had it...

Time for NI or Wales... my vote goes to Wales

MopManMoss

Veteran
England have had it... Scotland have had it...

Time for NI or Wales... my vote goes to Wales
Wales doesnt have anywhere adequate for Eurovision to be held your arenas are just too small, putting a roof over football stadiums is just not viable for eurovision anymore

EliGrant6

Wales doesnt have anywhere adequate for Eurovision to be held your arenas are just too small, putting a roof over football stadiums is just not viable for eurovision anymore
Wales has a venue that can host. Yes it's a football/rugby stadium, but it was built with a roof already. [Cardiff] Wales is in a great position to host Eurovision, and there's no reason it couldn't happen

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Have they even announced it's the UK hosting yet? other than it's in discussion. Watch the BBC say no and all of us be shell shocked when some other country is announced in late August or something. :lol:

theditz83

Veteran
Have they even announced it's the UK hosting yet? other than it's in discussion. Watch the BBC say no and all of us be shell shocked when some other country is announced in late August or something. :lol:
Nope and the silence on the matter is deafening. Come on BBC, get your finger out and just confirm that you'll host already. There are already more than enough viable interested cities in the frame, so give us what we need xpray

Mainshow

Veteran
After getting to know how many cities in the UK are interested in hosting Eurovision + seeing parliaments/senates backing it up, I don´t think that BBC will turn the offer down to host Eurovision.

ESCConor

I think its pretty much nailed on the UK will be hosting in 2023, once its announced then I suspect things like the themes, motto, host city etc will soon follow afterwards very quickly.

HarryUK

I would agree with this if it wasn't a Tory government pulling the purse strings on the BBC

HarryUK

*begins chants of it’s coming home*

The BBC know how to put on a show - so we’re in safe hands!

HarryUK

I did not need reminding of this

Well, namely 2015, 2016, 2019 and 2021. I actually enjoyed the rest lol.

Nicfedy

I cant decide whether I’m team Glasgow, meets all the requirements or team Liverpool, musically important and great city.
Forget Brighton, no venue, Bristol no venue.
Leeds the birthplace of Uk new PM , omg no.
Wolverhampton, horrible.
Manchester would be ok.
Newcastle, too cold all year round.
Birmingham, not again.
Swindon why?
oh and Cardiff , maybe.
Not London, rip off prices.

Last edited:
Top Bottom