Contact us

Where will it be hosted?

HarryUK

Let's not forget that the SNP are as equally divisive as those they claim to combat - the Brexiteer's, the Tories, the Unionists.

I do hope if a Scottish city is lucky to have the privilege to host this year, or any other year, that Sturgeon and her cronies are kept well away by the BRITISH broadcasting corporation.

tomos2019

Let's not forget that the SNP are as equally divisive as those they claim to combat - the Brexiteer's, the Tories, the Unionists.

I do hope if a Scottish city is lucky to have the privilege to host this year, or any other year, that Sturgeon and her cronies are kept well away by the BRITISH broadcasting corporation.
You can't ''forget'' something that you are bound to disagree with, personally in most of these kinds of political party I just see advocates of a more left-leaning state than the UK typically is known for being, I mean Mebyon Kernow themselves admit that Cornwall is not going to be independent, they aim for devolution because that better reflects their situation which is not present in Wales or Scotland! And I'm pretty sure that there is not much danger of the BBC being biased towards Scottish independence given their coverage back in 2014 lol.

This topic is getting out of hand, regardless of who started it and it being a difficult topic to keep politics out of, it has got too political.

Mainshow

Veteran
Honestly, I´ve never heard of Wolverhampton:

Sunderland is interested as well:

The list of potential host cities in the UK (not counting Guardian´s report on Brussels) keeps getting bigger:

- Aberdeen
- Belfast
- Birmingham
- Brighton
- Cardiff
- Glasgow
- Leeds
- Liverpool
- London
- Manchester
- Sheffield
- Sunderland
- Wolverhampton

tomos2019

I think Babylon Zoo come from Wolverhampton if you've heard of them :ROFLMAO: It would be kind of funny to imagine Eurovision in Penzance, at Heartlands Pool, the Regal Theatre or Hall for Cornwall in Truro lol

HarryUK

Bloody Wolverhampton. Has anywhere not registered interest yet? At least 3 of these locations do not have a venue that fits EBU requirements…

ESC94

Honestly, I´ve never heard of Wolverhampton:

Sunderland is interested as well:

The list of potential host cities in the UK (not counting Guardian´s report on Brussels) keeps getting bigger:

- Aberdeen
- Belfast
- Birmingham
- Brighton
- Cardiff
- Glasgow
- Leeds
- Liverpool
- London
- Manchester
- Sheffield
- Sunderland
- Wolverhampton

It´s near Birmingham, voted for Brexit (62,6 %) and is the hometown of Liam Payne.

Mainshow

Veteran
British people are betting on everything, aren´t they?

1Glasgow37%1.621.92
2London14%4.335
3Manchester11%57.4
4Birmingham9%86
5Liverpool4%1517
6Cardiff3%1920
7Aberdeen3%2120
7Belfast3%2120
9Leeds3%2324
10Newcastle3%2325
11Sheffield3%2625
12Nottingham2%4125
13Brighton2%41
13Edinburgh2%41
15Bristol1%51
15Leicester1%51

EliGrant6

Bloody Wolverhampton. Has anywhere not registered interest yet? At least 3 of these locations do not have a venue that fits EBU requirements…
Just like I was saying earlier! Every year some town's mayor seems to think that they can host and never check the requirements. Maybe they do it for publicity? Like "Hey, this town wants to host Eurovision, now I know that Wolverhampton is a place after all."
Honestly, that's the only reason I can think of that these proposals keep getting made.

From what I can see, there's really only 6 cities that have venues that can host: Birmingham, Cardiff, Glasgow, Leeds, London & Manchester. All other cities either don't have a big enough venue or have a venue with no roof.

Mainshow

Veteran
Just like I was saying earlier! Every year some town's mayor seems to think that they can host and never check the requirements. Maybe they do it for publicity? Like "Hey, this town wants to host Eurovision, now I know that Wolverhampton is a place after all."
Honestly, that's the only reason I can think of that these proposals keep getting made.

From what I can see, there's really only 6 cities that have venues that can host: Birmingham, Cardiff, Glasgow, Leeds, London & Manchester. All other cities either don't have a big enough venue or have a venue with no roof.

I mean, they somehow got some press - and I - as a foreigner who has never heard of Wolverhapton - googled it at least (and looked at some photos) #getthatpromo

ESCConor

Cardiff Would be amazing, at least we could all be at least guaranteed a ticket!

But I sense the BBC will want to go for a smaller venue. I do think Manchester is the favourite over Glasgow right now imo

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I'm throwing my support behind Cardiff - I want a stadium show!!
Be careful, we wouldn't want it mistaken for British exceptionalism.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Football. Liam Payne.

What I read: Big fat "meh"s :D
It's Wolverhampton, you're not far from it with a big fat meh. :lol:

Watch it be Blythe or something. xheat Eurovision: Chav edition. 🙌

Top Bottom