Contact us

Where will it be hosted?

HarryUK

I’d love Glasgow to host, a pro-European city in a pro-European country that celebrates diversity and actually lives the values of Eurovision.
As long as your leader Jimmy Krankie is kept well away from it. This is about the UK coming together to support Ukraine and to keep the Eurovision flame lit in times of darkness - the SNP are divisive and as bad as those they claim to be defending Scotland against.

For the record, I don't want Boris anywhere near it either.

Geborgenheit

For the record, I don't want Boris anywhere near it either.

Pourquoi? It's not that he can make the music worse.

It is obvious that will be hosted in England, only dreamers can imagine it in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.

Geborgenheit

What does that even mean? The UK were the runner-ups, it's more than fair that they get to host it when Ukraine can't.

I don't say that the UK doesn't deserve it. However, EBU cares only about the money and biggest audience. If let's say Northern Macedonia was the second, EBU would not give them anything.

soulm8

The biggest matter during a war is a song contest. They fight to host it like it will stop Russia of doing whatever they try to do there. Okaaaay! Ukraine has been turning Eurovision into a political contest for far too long. Since Jamala and all the disqualifications for their National Final winners. Enough is enough. They want to turn this into a propaganda against Russia once more, but this time at the cost of the safety of the delegations. Leave alone they were not winning this year if it was not the solidarity votes, Uk deserves to host!

EscUKFan

Leeds already seem serious about sending a bid, but I think it’ll be either Manchester or Glasgow. I love both cities, but obviously my preference is my adopted home of Manchester! The largest indoor arena in terms of capacity in country (and the new arena opening next year will be even bigger!), fantastic transport and travel links, plenty of hotel rooms, a big city but a compact centre which will allow for an incredible atmosphere, a huge LGBTQ+ presence and the biggest Ukrainian community outside of the capital ;)

Mainshow

Veteran
Brighton will bid to host Eurovision!
Speaking to The Argus, the leader of the Council stated:

Of course, it was in Brighton and Hove that ABBA launched their global career when they won with Waterloo at the Brighton Dome in 1974. We’d love to see the event come back to the city and share some of our lucky stardust with the next global superstars.

We will now approach the European Broadcasting Union and the BBC to formally express our interest. We know that many other cities will be interested in hosting and we look forward to hearing which city will be successful. After all, as ABBA have said, the winner takes it all.
source:

HarryUK

theditz83

Veteran
Praying for my home city Glasgow. Heck, our OVO Hydro already hosted a contest (just ask Will Ferrell 🫢)

Regardless of where it's held (not London, anywhere but London) I'll be sure to be booking a week off and drinking in the atmosphere of an ESC on UK soil. That's if the BBC doesn't turn it down of course haha!

EliGrant6

If the BBC does organize the contest, the only fair thing would be to have UA: PBC co-organize with the BBC, that's the best way to ensure that the show doesn't lose it's Ukrainian flavor. Turn the host city into a little Ukraine within the UK.

Last edited:

dcs34

If we're going to do it then let's lean in hard to the meme value with the hosting team:
  • Have Graham Norton and Timur Miroshnychenko doing the Wogan role of simultaneously hosting, whilst running backstage to do the country's V/O announcements, with zero pre-planned "technical cock-ups",
  • Add Mel Giedroyc to do the French bits and talk about cakes,
  • Throw in Davina McCall, Kateryna Pavlenko and Volodymyr Ostapchuk into the hosting mix for good measure,
  • Cryogenically freeze the Queen now so she can be wheeled out in the interval to lead the crowd in a rousing chorus of 'Dancing Lasha Tumbai' with Ukrainian queen, Verka Serduchka,
  • Put Rylan and Alison Hammond in the green room to create absolutely no mayhem and havoc between them because they are famous for their professionalism and composure,
  • And get Sam Ryder and Kalush collaborating on the opening / interval acts.
And, most importantly:
  • Keep Scott Mills, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Petra Mede, Måns Zelmerlöw, Louis Walsh, Ulrika Jonsson, Amanda Holden, and the like, as far away from it as possible...

Last edited:

MopManMoss

Veteran
If its coming here I dont want it in my city because Europe will see how much of a dump it is

Mainshow

Veteran
Belfast throws itself into the ring of potential host cities as well:

So far we got:

- Belfast
- Brighton
- Glasgow
- Leeds
- Liverpool
- London
- Manchester
- Sheffield

After seeing so many British cities being interested in hosting the event, I think that the BBC will definitely accept and embrace the offer to host Eurovision next year.

Last edited:

FilipFromSweden

Honestly just let the BBC/UK do whatever they want to without having to make stuff Ukrainian. The UK hasn't hosted in 25 years in 2023 while Ukraine has hosted twice within this timeframe and have already been given chances to show what they can do. Let the UK have the spotlight for once

dixenborg

Honestly just let the BBC/UK do whatever they want to without having to make stuff Ukrainian. The UK hasn't hosted in 25 years in 2023 while Ukraine has hosted twice within this timeframe and have already been given chances to show what they can do. Let the UK have the spotlight for once

The EBU have clearly stated that Ukraine’s win should be reflected in next year’s shows.

HarryUK

Belfast throws itself into the ring of potential host cities as well:

So far we got:

- Belfast
- Brighton
- Glasgow
- Leeds
- Liverpool
- London
- Manchester
- Sheffield

After seeing so many British cities being interested in hosting the event, I think that the BBC will definitely accept and embrace the offer to host Eurovision next year.
They can't even get a government sorted nevermind organise a song contest. Definitely not.

Nigella wants to host it and be the token French speaking host! I'd love that

Top Bottom