Contact us

Where will it be hosted?

FilipFromSweden

Nah, just your bias. I remember you were trashing our venue and our hosting in 2017 too.
Who said that the money will be taken from the state budget of... "this country" :rolleyes:?

I know you know I don’t have anything against Ukraine. Go check my post history: I was furious Kalush Orchestra lost Vidbir 2022 so obviously I’m very happy they won.

Many countries have given billions to Ukraine so that they can defend and take care of themselves. Zelenskyj has expressed his fears that the support from western leaders are slowly getting thinner. So why does Ukraine see it as some great publicity stunt to act like they’re gonna spend tons of money on hosting a music competition?!

AlekS

Veteran
Kyiv will be protected by the most modern anti-missile systems in autumn thanks to Germany.

Many countries have given billions to Ukraine so that they can defend and take care of themselves. Zelenskyj has expressed his fears that the support from western leaders are slowly getting thinner. So why does Ukraine see it as some great publicity stunt to act like they’re gonna spend tons of money on hosting a music competition?!
And again, who said that it's gonna be fully funded from the state budget? Kalush volunteers can gather this amount in less than 10 days. It doesn't cost billions for f's sake :rolleyes:
Ukraine has all rights to make any statements regarding hosting. You can call us names, we won't stop xshrug

Ezio

Veteran
I think Europe as a continent isn't safe anymore, maybe Switzerland, maybe Iceland, maybe Malta are safe. But Sweden out of all places, or the UK, I wouldn't consider safe at all. UK is in the NATO, Sweden wants to join NATO.

On the other hand, I also don't think the Ukraine should make plans for hosting Eurovision, unless they wanna host it in a city abroad, such as Warsaw or Chisinau.

I want anti-warhead protection for all of Europe.

dixenborg

I think Europe as a continent isn't safe anymore, maybe Switzerland, maybe Iceland, maybe Malta are safe. But Sweden out of all places, or the UK, I wouldn't consider safe at all. UK is in the NATO, Sweden wants to join NATO.

On the other hand, I also don't think the Ukraine should make plans for hosting Eurovision, unless they wanna host it in a city abroad, such as Warsaw or Chisinau.

I want anti-warhead protection for all of Europe.

It’s Ukraine, not “the Ukraine”.

FilipFromSweden

Kyiv will be protected by the most modern anti-missile systems in autumn thanks to Germany.

And again, who said that it's gonna be fully funded from the state budget? Kalush volunteers can gather this amount in less than 10 days. It doesn't cost billions for f's sake :rolleyes:
Ukraine has all rights to make any statements regarding hosting. You can call us names, we won't stop xshrug
Do you not hear yourself or what? The idea of having 40 delegations and thousands of fans in a place where high-tech modern anti-missile systems will have to be used is just fucked up. Why is Ukraine’s ego more important than the safety of the contestants and the fans? Yeah yeah Tel Aviv blablabla this isn’t about Tel Aviv, not defending that host city either.

It doesn’t matter if it’s state budget or not - it’s not right for Ukraine to spend money, time and resources on hosting a music event when Kalush had to be specially excused from army service. Stop trying to sell this crazy idea that hosting is ethical in any way when millions have become refugees and tons of people have had their homes and their lives ruined - that’s where the money should go, not hosting some luxury event, state funded or not.

And even if the money would be raised, it sure as hell shouldn’t be so that a fag like me can go to Kiev and drink a pina colada and go to nightclubs, it should be spent towards defending Ukraine and taking care of the people’s basic needs

Last edited:

FilipFromSweden

Well the EBU just announced the United Kingdom as the host country. I am so excited to see what the BBC will do as hosts. Ukraine is objectively the best as Eurovision and will win and host Eurovision soon again xheart

SAYAY

Well the EBU just announced the United Kingdom as the host country. I am so excited to see what the BBC will do as hosts. Ukraine is objectively the best as Eurovision and will win and host Eurovision soon again xheart
Tecnically, BBC is not confirmed as hosts yet. EBU has confirmed now that the contest will not take place in Ukraine so we now at least know that for sure. And now they are in talks with BBC about potentially hosting since they are a Big 5 country and the runner ups. BBC could still say "no we are not interested". But I hope they say yes cause I would love to see Graham Norton hosting :giggle:

EscUKFan

Good evening Manchester!

dixenborg

Or Glasgow.

The BBC Eurovision office might be in Manchester but that’s no guarantee that the contest will be held there. They are more than capable of organising it in another city.

soulm8

Thanks God it’s not gonna be in Ukraine. UK it’s your turn, cmon!

Rocket man

Before this years competition I would say if the UK was going to host it, it would be in Manchester. However now, if the UK does host it I'm pretty sure it's actually going to be in Glasgow, Scotland.

Glasgow will be great if it does happen, it will be buzzing up there and Scotland will do Ukraine proud.

Mainshow

Veteran
Honestly, I am ashamed of some Eurofans - not so much on this forum but on social media. Ukraine won the contest last month and it didn´t harm anyone to potentially discuss Ukraine´s desire to host the event (and if it´s really possible). The EBU took a few days to decide on that matter and since there´s no single place left in Ukraine which is "safe" due to the invasion of a fascist and imperialist regime who has threatened to invade/nuke/annex Germany, the United Kingdom, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland, Moldova, Finland, Sweden, Norway since February, btw (so arguably, depending on how this genocide and war processes, there´s no real safe place in Europe either), it doesn´t take a genius to figure out that Ukraine was never in a real position to host the event next year.
Ukrainians being optimistic in these sad, depressing and horrible times is an inspiration - and shouldn´t be called propaganda.
Them wanting to host the event and showcasing that Ukraine is pretty much alive and that their culture, language, music do exist (when fascist RuZZians claim that Ukraine will not survive the next two years and there is no country, language, culture in Ukraine but Russian ones) is an act of survival - and totally understandable.

Also, I don´t get all these "Thank God", hearts comment on Ukraine not hosting the event - like I previously said, since the invasion didn´t end, the country was in no position to host it (even if they were optimistic about it).

It was the right thing to wait a couple of days, consult several experts before asking another country to host the event.
Some people really need to chill. It´s mid-June and there´s still plenty of time left for other broadcasters and potential host cities to come up with plans to organise and host Eurovision next year.
It´s not like the EBU hasn´t decided on the host cities in July, August, September before.

Anyway, good luck BBC (if they really want to host the event) and I really hope to see Ukraine is a direct finalists as well as some Ukrainian postcards/interval acts.

Mainshow

Veteran
Btw, what´s behind Spain releasing 1-minute-clips of the live performance prior the semi finals as well as leaking news like "BBC" will be asked by the EBU, officially? :D

FilipFromSweden

Ukrainians being optimistic in these sad, depressing and horrible times is an inspiration - and shouldn´t be called propaganda.
Them wanting to host the event and showcasing that Ukraine is pretty much alive and that their culture, language, music do exist (when fascist RuZZians claim that Ukraine will not survive the next two years and there is no country, language, culture in Ukraine but Russian ones) is an act of survival - and totally understandable.

Also, I don´t get all these "Thank God", hearts comment on Ukraine not hosting the event - like I previously said, since the invasion didn´t end, the country was in no position to host it (even if they were optimistic about it).
I just don't understand how a Ukrainian person can watch their country get bombed, ruined and quite literally raped by another country and yet act like money should be spent on a luxury like hosting Eurovision. That's a complete disgrace towards the people who are risking their life and have ultimately died for Ukraine. If anything, having your own country at war should set your priorities straight, one would think. Europe celebrated the cultural value that is Ukraine by choosing them as the winners this year. I'm so tired of this forum tbh. Most of us just want the EBU to keep it real and not gaslight the fans.

FilipFromSweden

Also, a lot of people got upset when I called it propaganda. Perhaps due to the fact that the word propaganda is often used to relate to dictatorships. I use it in the way that Webster defines it:

the spreading of ideas, information, or rumor for the purpose of helping or injuring an institution, a cause, or a person

or

ideas, facts, or allegations spread deliberately to further one's cause or to damage an opposing cause

Ukraine is screaming at world leaders that they must not just continue their financial and political support for Ukraine but also increase the punishments towards Russia. Therefore, I find it to be propaganda that Ukraine pretends to be in proper shape to host a large-scale international event that costs tons of money and requires great infrastructure. It is so incredibly stupid as it sends mixed messages, the last thing Ukraine needs is for western world leaders to give up their support - we've already seen signs of it as Macron and Scholz have suggested that Ukraine should just meet Russia halfways and give up some land.

Mainshow

Veteran
Also, a lot of people got upset when I called it propaganda. Perhaps due to the fact that the word propaganda is often used to relate to dictatorships. I use it in the way that Webster defines it:

the spreading of ideas, information, or rumor for the purpose of helping or injuring an institution, a cause, or a person

or

ideas, facts, or allegations spread deliberately to further one's cause or to damage an opposing cause

Ukraine is screaming at world leaders that they must not just continue their financial and political support for Ukraine but also increase the punishments towards Russia. Therefore, I find it to be propaganda that Ukraine pretends to be in proper shape to host a large-scale international event that costs tons of money and requires great infrastructure. It is so incredibly stupid as it sends mixed messages, the last thing Ukraine needs is for western world leaders to give up their support - we've already seen signs of it as Macron and Scholz have suggested that Ukraine should just meet Russia halfways and give up some land.
Based on that definition, schools share propaganda by simply educating pupils. Teachers spread information for a certain cause: education. A top-notch education generates a good reputation for their schools (schools are institutions).

That said, I see where you´re coming from and I partly agree with you that Ukraine needs to focus on other things than Eurovision at this moment.
However, it´s not like money for the broadcaster comes from the same funds of financial or humanitarian aids. Ukrainian artists and athletes continue performing and competing. Ukrainian people continue going to work - it´s not like everything gets cancelled and closed in cities from Lviv to Kyiv because the country is at war.

I just don´t like the narrative spread by fans and also users like you as well: Ukraine is at war - them wishing to host the event (just even thinking about it) equals hurting the reputation/sharing propaganda/providing excuses for other countries to stop supporting Ukraine. Let them dream and be optimistic for a single month (regarding Eurovision).

@your previous posts: The EBU kept it real and didn´t gaslight anyone. On 15th May, Ukraine was crowned as the winner of the Eurovision Song Contest 2022. Today it´s the 17th June and the EBU kept it real and followed their own mechanism: They talked to the broadcaster of the winner, consulted experts and made a thoughtful, right and early decision: Not letting Ukraine host Eurovision.
The EBU is not a body of hardcore fans - they need to gather/meet/discuss things with several people involved - they did so and made a decision. That´s it.

You - living in a Western European country not having faced wars for decades and no country have tried to expunge your borders, identity, language, culture and history for years/decades - may think that Eurovision is "luxury" but to other countries it´s still important - an opportunity to show the world that they exist (look at Ukraine, Azerbaijan and even Armenia in Junior Eurovision). Poland has waited for many years to finally be part of it (in the 90´s) - it´s a tiny part of a bigger picture - a testimony that they are part of Europe.

Anyway, Eurovision will not be held in Ukraine - the EBU made the right decision and again, they kept it real AFTER meeting the winning broadcaster and having consulted several experts.

Top Bottom