Contact us

Where will it be hosted?

ManiaMuse

The MEN has more than enough room for press centre/delegation bubbles etc, trust me ;) We’re also not fully booked at all, and as has already been mentioned above they’ll move events around to accommodate Eurovision if that was the case anyway. The Glasgow story doing the rounds this week is a complete non-story. I do think it’d be between the two cities if the UK did host though.

Even if the MEN can’t host it there’s still the Manchester Central and the new arena they’re building at the Ethiad Campus (if they finish it in time :D)
Manchester Central is used to being used as a circus venue as well. They wall the whole area off with a ring of steel whenever the Tories turn up for their conference.

SAYAY

I think the EBU a will try and make it happen in Ukraine but it just isn’t logistically viable at all. I think it’ll probably end up in either Poland or the U.K. in the end. I think it’d be quite controversial for the EBU to go with the likes of Italy/Netherlands/Sweden again when there’s a number of broadcasters who haven’t hosted before/in decades willing to do it and with the means to.
The swedes are good at making a show, but I agree. It would be nicer to see UK, Spain or even Netherlands who have not hosted in ages have a go at it. Idk how likely Poland is now considering the voting scandal they were involved in. It certainly does not add to the polish broadcasters favor I think.

Brandt

But I actually really like the suggestion with having Graham Norton co-host with Timur from 2017 if that is an option.
I pray to god for less cringe hosting this time xpray

Ezio

Veteran
Well, if the Ukrainian broadcaster wants to host in Poland, I don't think the EBU can object.

ManiaMuse

Well, if the Ukrainian broadcaster wants to host in Poland, I don't think the EBU can object.
I think the EBU can object if Ukraine is on a 'advise against travel to in any circumstances' warning by pretty much every country in Europe.

Can't put on a Eurovision show without any international artists, delegations, production, broadcasting, fans etc.

SAYAY

I think the EBU can object if Ukraine is on a 'advise against travel to in any circumstances' warning by pretty much every country in Europe.

Can't put on a Eurovision show without any international artists, delegations, production, broadcasting, fans etc.

This yes.

dixenborg

There seems to be confusion here, wasn’t the point made that the EBU can’t object if Ukraine want to host in Poland?

I really can’t see Ukraine being able to host on their own territory, even if Russia’s unprovoked attack suddenly ends. Sadly Ukraine struggled to put the contest together even in peacetime.

The EBU are understandably giving them some time but I’m sure they are realistic about what needs to be done.

Chrisiam

In all likelihood if the EBU wanted object to Ukraine's request to host the event in Poland then all they'd need to do is find a reason to do so and roll with it. Even if it was plucked out of the air they could do it if they really wanted to. I feel that in the event that Ukraine cannot host it would either be offered up to the UK on first refusal or an open bidding process would happen with the the top 5 - 10 winners with the best bid getting it in the end to then co-host with Ukraine.

For the time being I think it is best to just assume that until we hear otherwise it will be in Ukraine and might not be on the same scale as we have known it in more recent years.

dixenborg

I would love it if Ukraine could host but given the time it takes to organise Eurovision and the enormous challenges they face is it really possible?

Just one potential complication, if there are government advisories against travel to Ukraine how would delegations, let alone fans, get insurance?

Things will be so uncertain even if Russia’s unprovoked war on the people of Ukraine ended tomorrow. I just can’t see it happening.

shameless

Yeah right, it's not gonna happen that way. I think it could be a "symbolic" hosting though where the hosts, organisational staff etc. will be from the Ukraine but the contest is actually held in the UK or so with the financial support from a lot of Europeans countries. Nobody with a sense would enter a country that is in a war for a singing competition and most people would also not endorse it. Even if the war would end tomorrow, there are other things this country has to worry about then spending a lot of resources on putting something as expensive as ESC together. It would be morbid and wrong in all ways.

ESC_FAN

No way, Ukraine will be ready in one year to host Eurovision.
It should be BBC. Second place, a know-how broadcaster, has plenty of arenas to host it.
I think it should be held in the United Kingdom or Spain, which were second and third, respectively.

Last edited:

HarryUK

I feel like it it's in the UK, it's going to depend on the press center. If Glasgow hosts, the press center can be near by at the SECC. Manchester Arena and the O2 in London are huge but where would the press center be placed? I'm just an American looking at Google Maps so I'm just guessing at what the best venue could be
The O2 has a smaller venue in it - Indigo - which can be used as a press centre. There's also a lot, and I do mean A LOT of derelict land within walking distance of the arena itself... can easily be cleared for tents/marquees to be popped up as well.

ESC_FAN

It would not seem very coherent to me that a country at war organizes the "Eurovision song contest"

EliGrant6

The O2 has a smaller venue in it - Indigo - which can be used as a press centre. There's also a lot, and I do mean A LOT of derelict land within walking distance of the arena itself... can easily be cleared for tents/marquees to be popped up as well.
Thanks for filling me in. Maybe with all that free land they could set up a compact Euro village with everything right there. Although London just might be to expensive these days for it to host

dixenborg

I think London is far too big to stage a successful Eurovision event. It would be a fine tv show but the wider event for fans - and crucially local people - would be swallowed up.

If the UK did host, somewhere like Manchester, Liverpool or Glasgow would be far better because the whole city could join in the party and showcase themselves internationally.

HarryUK

Thanks for filling me in. Maybe with all that free land they could set up a compact Euro village with everything right there. Although London just might be to expensive these days for it to host
I actually think loads of LGBT+ venues would die to host the Euroclub!! The sheer amount of traffic they'd get would be insane

Top Bottom