Contact us

Where will it be hosted?

mauve

Veteran
I am suprised Subwooler have not come forward and suggested the moon as a potential candidate yet. :ROFLMAO:
Or UK to host the ESC in space, man! :ROFLMAO:

AlekS

Veteran
The Minister of Culture said he's 100% sure that the contest will be hosted in Ukraine.
The EBU has already sent the documents to PBC. PBC will start working with the EBU on Friday.

Kyiv mayor said the city is ready to host.

Lviv mayor was spotted at the press conference with PBC and Kalush Orchestra today.

Deleted member 12761

I would be surprised if they host it in Ukraine. Imo it's too dangerous no matter what city. The country is in a war. They should host it somewhere else. The show itself will have elements from their culture and country and that's a good promotion for the country, too.

SarahM

In my opinion, next years contest should be hosted by the UK but the show would need to showcase Ukrainian culture, it would be nice to have a Ukrainian host alongside a UK one (assuming it will take place in the UK). The UK have the infrastructure to do it, they're part of the Big 5, and they are the runners up this year.

lilka

Although the UK seems likely, as others have said Poland is a possible dark horse. Kraków is located close to the Ukrainian border, and houses Poland's largest indoor arena. Poland also has relatively recent hosting experience from JESC 2020, which might give it the edge over the UK. I am however unsure if the EBU given free choice really would pick Poland as the host, given how incredibly unpopular it would be among the fans.
Excuse me, but why? Are we, Poles, a bunch of aliens coming from a planet located God knows how many light years away from the Earth? In which way are "the fans" better than us? I'll tell you something. Poland hosting and producing an amazing Eurovision is one of those things I am sure are at least doable in my country's case.
Sorry, but "the fans" cannot really name themselves "the fans" of Eurovision if they whine about Poland hosting Eurovision just for the sake of Poland being Poland.

Gitte

I wouldn't mind Poland hosting and just make it a 27 final, I honestly wouldn't mind Ukraine either, it just seems very unrealistic to me unless the war ends tomorrow, lots of donations come in and the infrastructure, finance and security is fixed in a bit less then a year. Tbh we might be in hardcore WOIII this time next year anyway so no contest at all.

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
I'm probably too worrisome being concerned with having the contest in Poland. Not because of Poland itself, tho, just a bit vigilant of whatever Russia will do to Poland knowing numbers of Ukrainians will be there and both countries are currently in tension.
I think Russia will be more concerned about Finland and Sweden possibly joining NATO, than Eurovision being held in Poland. Besides, a Russian attack on Poland to hurt Ukrainians would be a Russian attack on NATO, and I don't think Russia wants to go down that road.

If Ukraine can't host, then I hope it's held in Poland.

NeoTen

I hope it's Kiev. Argentina had a world cup under military rule where prisoners held in the city and fans in the stadiums could hear each other screaming. Dozens of middle eastern parties held events while rockets and bombings happen outside. Nearly every international event in Brazil has personal security and even then the personnel gets robbed at gunpoint regularly. So we've done it before. Scary thought, but it would also help settle that "thing" if it did happen; you can't bomb a live event and not get invaded life after, hence it won't happen.

I'd say if not, just host it in the US during the day, make it commercial as hell, tap a new market.

SAYAY

I would be surprised if they host it in Ukraine. Imo it's too dangerous no matter what city. The country is in a war. They should host it somewhere else. The show itself will have elements from their culture and country and that's a good promotion for the country, too.
Yeah, I mean I would love to go to experience it live for the first time in 2023 but if it gets hosted in Ukraine I think I will spend that budget on a trip to Valencia instead. Idk, I personally would not feel safe

SAYAY

In my opinion, next years contest should be hosted by the UK but the show would need to showcase Ukrainian culture, it would be nice to have a Ukrainian host alongside a UK one (assuming it will take place in the UK). The UK have the infrastructure to do it, they're part of the Big 5, and they are the runners up this year.

That seems like a reasonable compromise

ESCConor

I would love to see Ukraine host it, but lets be realistic here, once the war is over, its going to take a long time before the infrastructure is restored again, even Kyiv's international airport has been badly damaged due to shelling by Russia.

Also, the cost of hosting Eurovision goes into the tens of millions of euros, and I would suspect the Ukrainian Government would want to prioritise restoring things such as infrastructure over Eurovision once the war is over and they only just about afforded in 2017.

Personally speaking, I do see the UK hosting it, It would make sense in the fact that it would ensure the Final remains at 26 countries with 10 qualifying still from each of the Semi Finals as usual.

I do think the 02 Arena or perhaps Wembley Arena will host.

blue00eyes

I don't want ESC to be held in Poland, we didn't win to earn this right. Why would we even spend money on this thing 🤭

It should be live on tape.

Mainshow

Veteran
Poland should have qualified back in 2019 as well as Lithuania.
"Professional" juries voted upside down.

Thus, honestly, IF Poland host Eurovision 2023, they should be directly qualified - it would be just fair anyway #redemption #justice

I still keep my fingers crossed for Ukraine being able to host the event (maybe in Lviv or Odesa) but I think it´s very unlikely/out of question :(

b4ld3r

Excuse me, but why? Are we, Poles, a bunch of aliens coming from a planet located God knows how many light years away from the Earth? In which way are "the fans" better than us? I'll tell you something. Poland hosting and producing an amazing Eurovision is one of those things I am sure are at least doable in my country's case.
Sorry, but "the fans" cannot really name themselves "the fans" of Eurovision if they whine about Poland hosting Eurovision just for the sake of Poland being Poland.
Never said anything about Polish people being aliens, I myself think Poland is the country that makes the most sense to host, both given the reasons I listed in my post and how much Poland has been helping Ukraine during the war. Would feel weird to host it in a western country when an eastern European country finally has won again.
All I meant is that it clearly will be controversial with some people if given the freedom to choose, the EBU picks the country with "LGBT-free zones" to host a contest with such a strong LGBTQ+ profile.

On another note, if it is in Poland, of course both them and Ukraine should be pre-qualified, wouldn't be fair otherwise. :)

lilka

Never said anything about Polish people being aliens, I myself think Poland is the country that makes the most sense to host, both given the reasons I listed in my post and how much Poland has been helping Ukraine during the war. Would feel weird to host it in a western country when an eastern European country finally has won again.
All I meant is that it clearly will be controversial with some people if given the freedom to choose, the EBU picks the country with "LGBT-free zones" to host a contest with such a strong LGBTQ+ profile.

On another note, if it is in Poland, of course both them and Ukraine should be pre-qualified, wouldn't be fair otherwise. :)
Were there any elephants in this fairytale? :ROFLMAO: Excuse me again, but this sounds like another bullsh** that the Westerners are being fed by their media. We are not ruZZia and we don't give a f** about who loves whom. Also, I've never heard of any law that bans LGBT in my country. Come on, let's not make it a LGBT contest. It's about music.

Chorizo

The UK is the most plausible choice assuming that the BBC is interested in hosting next year. I suppose next year's host will agree to share creative control with Ukraine to some extent instead of making it all about themselves. There could be a Ukrainian and a British host, and Ukraine could contribute to the opening and interval acts, for example.

I'm also wondering what the forum will be called like.
I propose Kalush Orchestra's Keep.

ESCConor

I do sense the BBC would be interested in hosting, but I would think they will not want to say anything publicallyyet until more is known about whats happening, perhaps we might get Timur who hosted in 2017 perhaps sharing hosting duties alongside Graham Norton and Davina McCall.

ESCConor

I do sense the BBC would be interested in hosting, but I would think they will not want to say anything publicallyyet until more is known about whats happening, perhaps we might get Timur who hosted in 2017 perhaps sharing hosting duties alongside Graham Norton and Davina McCall.

FilipFromSweden

The Minister of Culture said he's 100% sure that the contest will be hosted in Ukraine.
The EBU has already sent the documents to PBC. PBC will start working with the EBU on Friday.

Kyiv mayor said the city is ready to host.

Lviv mayor was spotted at the press conference with PBC and Kalush Orchestra today.

It can’t be Ukraine. The host city has to be an appropriate place in September and we have no idea when the war ends, and when it ends resources should be put into rebuilding Ukraine rather than set up a tourist skeleton and a big stage for ESC fans. It would just look extremely bad in an ethical sense. It’s not like it’s gonna take a month or two to get Ukraine back into shape, it would probably take a couple of years.

SAYAY

It can’t be Ukraine. The host city has to be an appropriate place in September and we have no idea when the war ends, and when it ends resources should be put into rebuilding Ukraine rather than set up a tourist skeleton and a big stage for ESC fans. It would just look extremely bad in an ethical sense. It’s not like it’s gonna take a month or two to get Ukraine back into shape, it would probably take a couple of years.

Exactly.

But I actually really like the suggestion with having Graham Norton co-host with Timur from 2017 if that is an option. Out of all 3 hosts of 2017 I think Timur was the best of them, and In my opinion he should have gotten more airtime than he did then. I can totally see him and Graham Norton co-hosting the show in UK together! And then some interval acts with ukrainian artists, musicians etc.

But I hope this time they at least add 1 female host in the mix as well. Having the slogan "Celebrate Diversity" and then put 3 straight white males as hosts back in 2017 did not exactly scream diversity xup

Top Bottom