Contact us

When The Diaspora Dies

So ESC is beginning to be a fairy contest as we all saw last night diaspora is dying :D

Greece, always got 12 from UK and last night zero, always got 10 or 12 from Bulgaria and last night only 1 point from Bulgaria.. Also Belgium, Germany etc gave low points to Greece

Turkey, always got 12 points from France and got only 5 points from France, also Romania (not diaspora but neighbour) only gave 3 points to Turkey, also Netherlands, Germany didn't give 12 and Switzerland gave only 3... Also UK (not really diaspora but always votes for Turkey) gave only 1 point :D Also Lithuania and Israel which never votes for Turkey gave 1 point to Turkey. And Malta which never votes for Turkey gave 8 points.

Sweden, with a great song won and 18 countries gave 12 points to Sweden especially Russia didn't give 12 to its neighbours but Sweden.

Nordic Countries didn't vote friendly, Denmark, Norway and Iceland didn't get good points from theirselves :D 12 points were for Sweden but Loreen won so we don't mind it..

ACTUALLY IT'S BEEN A FAIRY NIGHT ISN'T IT ?

Chantal7

Ive seen much of points who are 100% diaspora yesterday so I really really dont agree. Sometimes yesterday i could predict the points (10 and 12) before they were said because of the diaspora. Really sad.. And that with a 50% jury, shame..

Yes there are still wrong things between ex-yugoslavia countries and still ex-soviet countries and.... Turkey-Azrbaijan, Cyprus-Greece... But it's getting good that some yugoslavia counties didn't give 12 to Serbia they decided to give Albania.. that's a good thing.. Also Albania doesn't have diaspora.. Rona deserved to be in top 5

CypriotGirl

Veteran
Ive seen much of points who are 100% diaspora yesterday so I really really dont agree. Sometimes yesterday i could predict the points (10 and 12) before they were said because of the diaspora. Really sad.. And that with a 50% jury, shame..

I think it's not diaspora but neighboring voting mostly...

rajo

Well, the Greek and Turkish diaspora performed poorly yesterday, that's right. But maybe they were also wiped away by the juries, so let's wait.....

Also the nordic votes were a bit cool for each other. Especially Sweden had no heart for Denmark and Iceland, and only 3 points for poor Tooji...

But the Ex-SSR and Ex-YU countries did a great job yesterday...... FYROM, Ukraine, Bosnia, Azerbaijan solely lived on the points of its neighbours...

Belarus again only voted for neighbours....

CypriotGirl

Veteran
Yes there are still wrong things between ex-yugoslavia countries and still ex-soviet countries and.... Turkey-Azrbaijan, Cyprus-Greece... But it's getting good that some yugoslavia counties didn't give 12 to Serbia they decided to give Albania.. that's a good thing.. Also Albania doesn't have diaspora.. Rona deserved to be in top 5

Diaspora helped her too. But it wouldn't do anything if the juries didn't help her too. It's the combination. It got:

12 from FYROM, Italy, Switzerland
10 from Greece, Montenegro

This was mentioned by an Albanian in another forum, so it is not my own words only!

^^ This will never change and neighbour voting never show us eurovision is not fairy..

But if Cyprus gives 8 points to Turkey (2003) and Turkey gives 5 points to Cyprus (2007 semi-finals) this show us if people like the songs Eurovision is fairy.. Especially Serbia and Russia always got points from their neighbours but since 2008 it's their first time in top 10...

evija87

Very interesting... !!!
I was thinking that Can wll get high points from Germany, Belgium, Netherlands because it's very likeble song and I thought diaspora would vote it willingly.
Looks like Loreen "killed" the rest of the Nordics. Iceland, Norway and Denmark at the right side of scoreboard, deep low... and they were no horrors, but descent entries. When Norway won 3 years ago, Iceland was second... so they broke that thing since 1999 when Sweden was first - Iceland second, 2009 Norway 1st - Iceland 2nd, now Sweden 1st, Iceland 20 (well they have 2 in their place :p ). Maybe it will work only in years with "9" at the end ;)

One more thing, San Marino which was often recalled as to be there only to give their douze points to Italy, gave them to Albania! I'm sure Valentina has something to do with it ;D Nina Zilli got like 6 or 7 ponits? I was like OMG!What is just happening?
Only Greece and Cyprus are almost unbreakable in their tradition ;D

CypriotGirl

Veteran
^^ This will never change and neighbour voting never show us eurovision is not fairy..

But if Cyprus gives 8 points to Turkey (2003) and Turkey gives 5 points to Cyprus (2007 semi-finals) this show us if people like the songs Eurovision is fairy.. Especially Serbia and Russia always got points from their neighbours but since 2008 it's their first time in top 10...

Indeed, and I was surprised we gave 0 points to Dum Tek Tek in 2009, many friends of mine told me they voted for it!

Diaspora and neighbor voting can help you to qualify to the final, or to get some points, but they will never help you to win if you don't have a strong song! (With exception of Russia in 2008)

Mozz

Ehm, one question: did/do you use the word "fairy" in a satirical way? Or do you mean "fair"? Because fairy has a (well, not so slightly) different meaning......it means something completely different :p.

^^ totally agree

@evija87 I was shocked when I saw 7 points to Italy from San Marino too :D also SM didn't give point to Greece then I was shocked again.. Too bad awful song came 3rd in televote last year from Greece and Aphrodisiac came 17th.. but as I said before it was Greece turn to fail after Armenia and Turkey 2011 ..

Ehm, one question: did/do you use the word "fairy" in a satirical way? Or do you mean "fair"? Because fairy has a (well, not so slightly) different meaning......it means something completely different :p.

LOL it was just combination of those two words :D being fair is something fairy :D

Mozz

Because Eurovision has always been fairy as long as I can remember, but it's not always fair :lol::lol:

rajo

I also think Albanian and Kosovo diaspora did a great job yesterday. And given that the juries saw the scream song as a piece of quality music, it did well..

Italy is the major country hosting Albanian immigrants. Also Austria, Switzerland, Montenegro, FYROM and Greece....

For Turkey, I think the diaspora was not really affiliated to him since he doesn't share the majority confession and sang a song about his own ancestors' diaspora on a ship some centuries ago.

AlekS

Veteran
But the Ex-SSR and Ex-YU countries did a great job yesterday...... FYROM, Ukraine, Bosnia, Azerbaijan solely lived on the points of its neighbours...
If Malta, Ireland, Macedonia and Norway became our neighbours then yeah :lol:
+ Estonia and Spain that don't give us points that often recently.
Azerbaijan gave us just 3pts, Georgia just 6.

oh, and my family also voted for Russia & Azerbaijan. Effin shoot us.

FallenAngelII

Yeah. When people whine about diaspora and neighbour voting in the future, I will gleefully refer them to 2012. I'm proud of the Nordic Mafia for finally ostensibly disbanding. Vote for entries, not artists or countries. I was also surprised by a lot of countries not giving Douze Points or even close to Douze Points to countries they often award 12 points. Last night was one of the least political contests ever.

Baby steps, Europe, baby steps.

rajo

If Malta, Ireland, Austria, Macedonia and Norway became our neighbours then yeah :lol:
+ Estonia and Spain that don't give us points that often.

oh, and my family also voted for Russia. Effin shoot us.

You didn't get any points from Austria yesterday... look in the Ukraine thread, I have made a nice graphic.

I really don't understand people who think diaspora helped Albania.... Why albania is always out of top 10 since 2004 ? if after those years a country reach the top 5 this shows it deserves !! GO RONA !

Top Bottom