Contact us

What's your mum's favorite?

VirginiaVision

I've showed my roommate (also American) about 2/3 of the songs (leaving the rest as a surprise for her first ever Eurovision viewing). Here's the highlights of her thoughts:
  • :nl: is her fave. She frequently walks around the apartment singing "yu no man broko mi"
  • :lt: is her second fave. She loves the positive vibes and silly dancing of The Roop
  • She hates :mk:. Says it's a bad Disney movie song. Can't say I disagree
  • Doesn't like :ro: either. Thinks the message is overdone and doesn't like Roxen's style of singing
  • Conflicted about :rs:. She really likes the song, but has disliked every Serbian person she's met
  • The face-touching in :fr:'s music video made her very uncomfy
  • Hopes :md: brings the half human/half ice cream dancers to their live performance

mauve

Veteran
I've showed my roommate (also American) about 2/3 of the songs (leaving the rest as a surprise for her first ever Eurovision viewing). Here's the highlights of her thoughts:
  • :nl: is her fave. She frequently walks around the apartment singing "yu no man broko mi"
  • :lt: is her second fave. She loves the positive vibes and silly dancing of The Roop
  • She hates :mk:. Says it's a bad Disney movie song. Can't say I disagree
  • Doesn't like :ro: either. Thinks the message is overdone and doesn't like Roxen's style of singing
  • Conflicted about :rs:. She really likes the song, but has disliked every Serbian person she's met
  • The face-touching in :fr:'s music video made her very uncomfy
  • Hopes :md: brings the half human/half ice cream dancers to their live performance
Your friend has great taste when she likes The Netherlands! I think that the song is way underrated. In the beginning I din't like the song at all either, but it has grown so much on me.

HayashiM

Veteran
We've now seen all entries with my girlfriend, she's enjoyed having this little ritual of watching 3-4 songs after work together, so we shall keep doing that with some older editions, yaay my attempts at corrupting her even more with eurovision :) Her ranking:

2nd semi, 1st half:
Good: 1. :ee: ("great voice again... why does the song have to be so depressive though?"), 2. :gr:, 3. :sm:
Average: 4. :at:, 5. :is:
Meh.: 6. :pl:, 7. :rs:, 8. :md:

2nd semi, 2nd half:
Great: 1. :ch: (probably her n°1, that, or :ie:), 2. :al: (she's mesmerized by the language for some reason)
Good: 3. :fi:, 4. :pt:
Average: 5. :bg:, 6. :lv:
Meh: 7. :dk:, 8. :ge:

Prequalifiers:
Great: 1. :fr:, 2. :uk:
Good: 3. :es:, 4. :de:, 5. :it: (she loved them live, not so much in the MV), 6. :nl:

Schlagerman1

This weekend I had my mom and my little brother listning to all the ESC songs of 2021. As a whole they liked this year, even if it were just a few that were really great. But they both think that a lot of the songs can grow during the coming weeks. One of the songs were a clear winner though, here below you can see all of our scores from 0-10 (me yellow, mom pink, bro green)

76A5sj3.png

Guess we all are in love with the devil! xangel

mauve

Veteran
This weekend I had my mom and my little brother listning to all the ESC songs of 2021. As a whole they liked this year, even if it were just a few that were really great. But they both think that a lot of the songs can grow during the coming weeks. One of the songs were a clear winner though, here below you can see all of our scores from 0-10 (me yellow, mom pink, bro green)

76A5sj3.png

Guess we all are in love with the devil! xangel
Yes - in love withe devil (Cyprus), and god at the bottom (Amen - Slovenia, Austria). :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

ESC94

My mum isn´t interested in Eurovision, she only watches it every year with me because usually nothing interesting is on the other TV channels. :lol:

Luffy

Anyone else is concerned none of the mums like France or Switzerland that much when we're all assuming(/hoping) they will be the demographic group televoting for those two?

hegemoniet

:no: is such a 'boomer'-bait. :D I can't wait to see all these people complainimg about it actually having a nice result. As much as I dislike this act & song it has a Q written all over it for starters for a variety of reasons.
I will complain when it receives a nice result, but yes, I think you are spot on (and this is how it made it through to ESC in the first place)! My mum also likes it.

Zeus

Boyfriend (more than a casual viewer, less than hardcore esc fan lol, listens to songs from NF, ESC and follows betting odds, but is not really hardcore fan, more of relaxed... que sera sera type..):

Top15:

1. Italy (his type of music mostly, loves Maneskin even before Sanremo)
2. Belgium
3. Switzerland
4. Romania
5. Lithuania
6. Norway
Lol, this is almost exactly my top six. Maybe only Portugal missing. But that top 3 is mine for weeks now.

Iker

Veteran
I will complain when it receives a nice result, but yes, I think you are spot on (and this is how it made it through to ESC in the first place)! My mum also likes it.
My mum would hate it though!

mauve

Veteran
My mum isn´t interested in Eurovision, she only watches it every year with me because usually nothing interesting is on the other TV channels. :lol:
I was wondering: since you said that your mom watches it as well - were there any songs in the past years that she liked?

ESC94

I was wondering: since you said that your mom watches it as well - were there any songs in the past years that she liked?

Well, she really liked "Calm After the Storm" in 2014 and Marco Mengonis entry in 2013. In recent years she just watched it and sometimes laughed a bit about the costumes and choreographies. :LOL:

mauve

Veteran
Well, she really liked "Calm After the Storm" in 2014 and Marco Mengonis entry in 2013. In recent years she just watched it and sometimes laughed a bit about the costumes and choreographies. :LOL:
Well, at least she has fun! Laughing prolongs life! :ROFLMAO:

Anthony Tesla

Showed some with my mom, who is almost as big of a fan of Eurovision than me:

* She fell HARD for Spain. After I showed her the recap, this one was one she insisted on listening again.
* Sweden too, then again, we watch the Melfest together, so she liked it almost by default.
* She liked alright San Marino. Once I told her it was a fan favorite, she said "yeah, makes sense".
* France, "elegant and romantic".
* She couldn't resist to Norway's corniness, she even said she thought Tix's outfit is cool.
* Ukraine was another it had a big impression on her, but it was sort of biased since I showed her as one of my favorites.
* She didn't say a lot about Switerzland, beyond recalling the name.
* Thought Iceland was funny.
* Didn't have a strong reaction about Malta, beyond admiring the hairstyles of the artist.

Overall, she liked most of this year's crop, probably because she missed Eurovision so badly. Just like me.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
My mum's favourite was surprisingly Russia. I wasn't expecting it because of the song itself but I can understand her liking the performance. My mother is kind of artsy-fartsy and loves creative things, so the colourful staging and Russian doll inspired outfit went down very well with her.

She loved Tix. Thought the song was nice and found the performance amusing, and Tix himself charming. He was very sweet.

Slovenian singer had an amazing voice. Was surprised she didn't make it.

My mother liked the Ukrainian singer's outfit and said that the song was unusual in a positive way.

Mumsie told me that whilst the songs have changed at Eurovision, the dancing is as funny as it has ever been. She said a lot of the singer's this year were copying Shakira. Apparently Elena was copying Kylie Minogue (yes, I'm confused too). She said none of the songs were bad but wanted Cyprus to miss for being a copy and also Malta as apparently Destiny wasn't very nice to people on Britain's Got Talent. I didn't watch and so I have no idea. I'm wondering if she's getting Destiny mixed up with someone else as wouldn't Destiny have been like.... 14 or something when she was on that show? Can hardly imagine her being a menace.

Last edited:
Top Bottom