Contact us

What's your mom's favourite?

MrJadeEwen

my mother's favourite always does very well (and better than mine -.-)

2009 :no:
2010 :be: (and she hated lena haha!)
2011 :az:
2012 :se:
2013 :dk:
--
2014 :hu: (comment for Armenia when I said it's the bookies favourite was "who'd bother picking the phone up for this")

FilipFromSweden

my mother's favourite always does very well (and better than mine -.-)

2009 :no:
2010 :be: (and she hated lena haha!)
2011 :az:
2012 :se:
2013 :dk:

--
2014 :hu: (comment for Armenia when I said it's the bookies favourite was "who'd bother picking the phone up for this")

You should consider having your mom helping you with betting

ESC

Spain 2012, Iceland 2013, Norway 2014

Schlagerman1

My mom listened to the eurovision songs today, and this is her top ten (we scored all songs 0-5).

:be: 5
:am: 4
:at: 4
:hu: 4
:ie: 4
:mt: 4
:nl: 4
:se: 4
:uk: 4
:no: 3

So Belgium was her number 1. :D Only 6 songs got 0 points, which is much less than usually (has been over 10 0s at times..).
These countries were: :fr: :de: :ge: :lt: :mk: :pl:

anto475

I had the semi recaps on the telly yesterday, she only saw a bit of the first semi and all of the second, loves :nl: and thought Conchita was Jesus :lol::lol:

cegs5

My mom only watch the final, so I will answer this question later... but take a look her favs in the last 4 years
2013 :ro:
2012 :es:
2011 :ua:
2010 :es:

So, I wouldn't be surprise if she likes :at: this year :lol:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Mumsie and I were just enjoying a midnight drink in the garden and I thought it was the perfect time to play her some songs. First we played "Maybe" and Mother found herself mesmerised. She thought that Valentina was black at first. As soon as it finished she asked me to play the video again. I told her the story of Valentina and reminded her where it all began. She said that "The Social Network Song (Oh Oh-Uh-Oh Oh)" was a great song. We then finished on "Crisalide" which again she complimented.. which is strange as last year she didn't like it.

She asked me were there any drag queens this year in the contest. I told her that she was in luck and played you know who. She was instantly wowed by Conchita.

Finally I played her Dilara's song as I had a feeling she'd like it. Again, Mumsie was very impressed. She loved the gorgeous wind instrument and asked me what it was but I didn't know. She said that Dilara sounded like all the girls you get singing on talent shows (not sure thats a compliment, I certainly wouldn't take it as one)..

And well we stopped after that. To be continued of course but so far, thumbs up for all three entries. She did rank them though.

1. Austria
2. San Marino
3. Azerbaijan

Mannone

Lovely thread!

My mother voted for :lt: (Andrius Pojavis - Something) last year (which was also one of my favourites), and for :lv: (Ott Lepland - Kuula) the year before. Will be interesting to get her opinion during the near-midnight SMS frenzy on the grand final evening.

Deleted member 8866

What a great thread! :D

Well, I must say that my parents don't share the Eurovision love with me so I usually listen to the songs all by myself. My dad doesn't like Eurovision and even said to me a few days ago that my music taste is bad, beacuse I listen to Eurovision songs, so if he's not at work, he hears them on the night of the event and he's forbidden to change the channel, beacuse the WWIII would probably start if he would do that :p But as I remember, he liked these songs from previous years:

2010: :am: :hr: :dk: :ge:
2011: :dk: :ro: :ua:
2012: :ee: :mk: :md: :sm: :rs: :es:
2013: :cy: :is: :sm:

He haven't heard this year's songs.

My mom, on the other hand, is extremley patient with my ESC obsession :D So she listens with me the songs before the contest and gives honest comments about them. Here are the songs she liked in the previous yars:

2010: :hr: :dk: :is: :pt:
2011: :hr: :bg: :ch:
2012: :gr: :lt: :pt: :sm:
2013: :by::sm: :uk:
2014: :dk: :lv: :pt: :sm:

And that's about it :)

WhoKnows

Lovely thread!

My mother voted for :lt: (Andrius Pojavis - Something) last year (which was also one of my favourites), and for :lv: (Ott Lepland - Kuula) the year before. Will be interesting to get her opinion during the near-midnight SMS frenzy on the grand final evening.

Kuula was from :ee:

greece

What a great thread! :D

Well, I must say that my parents don't share the Eurovision love with me so I usually listen to the songs all by myself. My dad doesn't like Eurovision and even said to me a few days ago that my music taste is bad, beacuse I listen to Eurovision songs, so if he's not at work, he hears them on the night of the event and he's forbidden to change the channel, beacuse the WWIII would probably start if he would do that :p But as I remember, he liked these songs from previous years:

2010: :am: :hr: :dk: :ge:
2011: :dk: :ro: :ua:
2012: :ee: :mk: :md: :sm: :rs: :es:
2013: :cy: :is: :sm:

He haven't heard this year's songs.

My mom, on the other hand, is extremley patient with my ESC obsession :D So she listens with me the songs before the contest and gives honest comments about them. Here are the songs she liked in the previous yars:

2010: :hr: :dk: :is: :pt:
2011: :hr: :bg: :ch:
2012: :gr: :lt: :pt: :sm:
2013: :by::sm: :uk:
2014: :dk: :lv: :pt: :sm:

And that's about it :)

Your mum seems to be fan of Valentina ;)

CPV4931

Deleted member 8866

She is, but she's not "crazy obsessed" with her like I am :)

I can't forget her reaction when I told her, how old is Valentina. She replied with "I look much older compared to her!" and then I had to convince her that she looks very young for her age (my mom is 5 years older than Vale) :D

FilipFromSweden

My parents really liked Belarus last year.
I don't dare to ask them because they think it's weird that I get involved in stuff like this, I am the black sheep of mi familia.
But before my mom left me in 2010 this was her favorites:

2006 :fi:
2007 :ua:
2008 :es: and :fr: :lol:
2009 :az:
2010 :nl:

Top Bottom