Contact us

What will the next James Bond movie be like?

Fluke

They're kind of like the Eurovision of movies - they've been going on for almost as long, though they don't come out as often, and changed with the time in a similar way, so it seems like there should be a thread about the Bond movies on here!

Now that Craig's era is over, there is of course the big question, who will be the next Bond, and what should the next Bond movies be like? The last movies have been well recieved by Bond fans, but there's a couple of directions i see them going, in decreasing order of likelihood:

* Simply go on with the current "rough and raw" style, maybe with a different type of lead actor but still basically the same style overall.

* Back to Brosnan-style bombast - absolutely outrageous action, plot and effect orgies with no realism or depth whatsoever - this is probably tempting to the producers who just want to rake in maximum box office, and i got a feeling this is what they really want to do. It could potentially be pretty good if they avoid the worst pitfalls of the Brosnan era....

* Go back to Connery/Moore-style camp - i'd love to see this one attempted, though it would be hard to do in a modern setting, and would turn into self-parody too easily for them to dare!

* Actually accurate book adaptions - possibly as a period piece, actually taking place in the 50s when the books were written! I'm surprised this has never been brought up as a possibility, but while it seems unlikely it would be a fresh take for sure, and definitely popular with critics and the diehard fans. And it would evade the issue of how Bond doesn't fit into modern society....

* Young James Bond? For something completely fresh, have it take place in the early days as he's just starting to become an agent. This has apparently been suggested behind the scenes at several times as a possible spin-off, even a TV series rather than movies, and completely rejected, but it could happen and there's lots of story potential....

Or something else? Just let us know....

Uto

Veteran
I don't think they will change much. Just continue on this path of gritty Bond with psychological tones to it.

tomos2019

I'm not a fan of Daniel Craig's Bond I'm afraid (nothing to do with him personally) so anyone but him should be an improvement in my eyes, sorry! :ROFLMAO: I still might go back and watch them all at some point though and I admit Skyfall was alright.

I actually found this movie getting approximately 5 minutes of every Bond film up to Quantum of Solace(2008) about a month or so ago and I quite liked it, the concept can be adapted to various franchises or interests too!

They're kind of like the Eurovision of movies - they've been going on for almost as long, though they don't come out as often, and changed with the time in a similar way, so it seems like there should be a thread about the Bond movies on here!

Now that Craig's era is over, there is of course the big question, who will be the next Bond, and what should the next Bond movies be like? The last movies have been well received by Bond fans, but there's a couple of directions i see them going, in decreasing order of likelihood:

* Simply go on with the current "rough and raw" style, maybe with a different type of lead actor but still basically the same style overall.

* Back to Brosnan-style bombast - absolutely outrageous action, plot and effect orgies with no realism or depth whatsoever - this is probably tempting to the producers who just want to rake in maximum box office, and i got a feeling this is what they really want to do. It could potentially be pretty good if they avoid the worst pitfalls of the Brosnan era....

* Go back to Connery/Moore-style camp - i'd love to see this one attempted, though it would be hard to do in a modern setting, and would turn into self-parody too easily for them to dare!

* Actually accurate book adaptions - possibly as a period piece, actually taking place in the 50s when the books were written! I'm surprised this has never been brought up as a possibility, but while it seems unlikely it would be a fresh take for sure, and definitely popular with critics and the diehard fans. And it would evade the issue of how Bond doesn't fit into modern society....

* Young James Bond? For something completely fresh, have it take place in the early days as he's just starting to become an agent. This has apparently been suggested behind the scenes at several times as a possible spin-off, even a TV series rather than movies, and completely rejected, but it could happen and there's lots of story potential....

Or something else? Just let us know.... I watched a pirate version with tons of ads so I just cut it via online video cutter, easy :)
I am a fan of the Bond series but this last episode leaves much to be desired. There were a lot of scenes when my reaction was like this xfacepalm

Last edited:
Top Bottom