Contact us

What do you think of "Shiru" (Israel 1993)?

carlosmstraductor

Hello everybody.

First of all, I would like to know what do you think about the song "Shiru" performed by Lakahat Shiru (Sara'le Sharon, Guy Bracha, Rachel Haim, Julia Proiter, Benny Nadler and Varda Zimar), which represented Israel in Millstreet 1993.

In my humble opinion, it is a hackneyed, shallow, amateurish and schmaltzy song with a ridiculous choreography and all voices were out of tune in Millstreet. Their clothes were also ridiculous. Moreover, I'm completely sure it won Kdam Eurovision 1993 because of conservative judges who wanted the same traditional easy formula and didn't want to send something riskier like "Ani ana" (Mizrahi) or "Re'ach ve-tzeva" (Latin/Brazilian) or even "Parpar" (countertenor).

Regarding lyrics, it's a stereotypical/clichéd and old-school Ashkenazi song with a brotherly and conservative message which didn't succeed among the juries due to its lack of originality and dreadful live performance.

All the best
Carlos M.S.

Citelis

For the studio version i would say that it is middle of the road for me. Not good but not that bad either. The performance on the final was really terrible.

carlosmstraductor

Why did this song finish in a bad place? Israel's staging was very effective and had a well-studied choreography seeking easy applause.

Top Bottom