Contact us

What do you think of "Ime anthropos ki ego" (Cyprus 1994)?

carlosmstraductor

Hello everybody.

I would like to ask you for your opinion about "Ime anthropos ki ego" (Cyprus 1994) performed by Evridiki with lyrics and music written by George Theophanous, who also was the conductor.

I would describe this song as a 3-minute soap opera/telenovela/culebrón due to its authentic, passionate and intense Mediterranean-styled performance and its ambiguous/cryptic lyrics. Evridiki is a very expressive, talented and charismatic interpreter and she could have also become an actress if she wanted to (she sold her song very well). It's a real shame we can't hear such songs in the contest anymore.

The Spanish jury, based at Estudio A-4 (located on the ground floor of famous Torrespaña TVE studios in Madrid) gave it 4 points (Serafín Zubiri was a judge/member that year), it was the 2nd time that they voted for Cyprus (the 1st one was 7 points in 1982), hence the applause, they didn't expect that voting.

All the best
Carlos M.S.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
worst entry from evridiki

don't even need to say what i think of a 1994 entry because my answer will be
tenor.gif

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Lyrics are usually the last thing I look into a song, as I'm a lady who likes to listen to instrumental etc unless they are in my native language then it's inevitable

Top Bottom