Contact us

What do you think of "Cool Vibes" (Switzerland 2005)?

ESC94

Good evening everybody,

in 2005, :ch: was represented by the Estonian band Vanilla Ninja and their song "Cool Vibes", reaching 8th place with 128 points. What do you think of the entry??

I was a huge fan of Vanilla Ninja at that time and was really happy to see them in the contest. I like "Cool Vibes" and still think it´s a good rock song but prefer other songs of them like "When the Indians Cry" or "I Know".

In the end the placement was deserved, maybe one or two places higher wouldn´t have hurt in my opinion. ;)

Daybreak

I like quite a few of those David Brandes-produced songs Vanilla Ninja released after entering the German market (like Liar, Tough Enough, Blue Tattoo), and even more their Sven Lõhmus songs from before (Vanad teksad ja kitarr, Nagu rokkstaar). I wasn't all that impressed with Cool Vibes though, it kinda fell flat for me especially compared to their other songs. In any case it was interesting and kind of weird having an Estonian band represent another country, and it's one of the only cases when we have actually given points to Switzerland. (Also of note, it's interesting that this did quite well while the similar Gracia song written by the same guy finished last)

By the way, Maarja Kivi took part of Eurolaul 2002 and her song was my favorite as far as I remember, and that's where Lõhmus found her when putting together Vanilla Ninja.

Top Bottom