Contact us

What are your favourite guilty pleasures of the ESC?

lasse braun

i am still thinking about,what a guilty pleasure is but i think this iconic ironic song matches it best (from my all time favorites list). :mrgreen:

Iker

Veteran
i am still thinking about,what a guilty pleasure is but i think this iconic ironic song matches it best (from my all time favorites list). :mrgreen:
The best troll in the history of the Eurovision, no one comes close! Also the song itself actually wasn't half-bad, one of the few that sounded pretty contemporary for its time, the chorus was catchy too. I was surprised that she did not Q then (albeit she got close).

lasse braun

The best troll in the history of the Eurovision, no one comes close! Also the song itself actually wasn't half-bad, one of the few that sounded pretty contemporary for its time, the chorus was catchy too. I was surprised that she did not Q then (albeit she got close).
yeah! absolutly right - here is as an useful addition a nice documentary with english subtitels - some funny stuff inside.xheya

Remisan

Guilty pleasure:
2011 'I Love Belarus'
2008 'Wolves Of The Sea'
2009 Aven Romale

Iker

Veteran
Some unpopular (or such that get a lot of open dislike) ESC entries that I enjoyed a lot (not sure whether I feel guilty about it though)
:al: 2006
:de: 2009 (ok, this one is a guilty pleasure of sorts)
:ru: 2010
:ru: 2014
:bg: 2012
:lt: 2017

Last edited:

Iker

Veteran
Guilty pleasure:
2011 'I Love Belarus'
2008 'Wolves Of The Sea'
2009 Aven Romale
I still sometimes listen to 'I Love Belarus', lmao. I would not play it in my room if my pals were around me, that is the very definition of what 'guilty pleasure' is.

Remisan

I still sometimes listen to 'I Love Belarus', lmao. I would not play it in my room if my pals were around me, that is the very definition of what 'guilty pleasure' is.
Hahahaha xyaay I know this feelings xcheers

Iker

Veteran
Georgia 2014

I LOVE IT xlove
It was pretty cringey and all over place hippie-realness iirc. :D It's a good example but I don't get any pleasure out of it, sadly. But :ge: 2012 was even worse. 'I'm a Joker' would definitely be in my top 20 most disliked Eurovision entries post 2000 if I were to compile such a list. So obnoxious.

Elina UA

None. If i like/listen to a song, i'm not afraid to admit it. Therefore, I don't judge anyone who listens to a song i dislike.xkiss

Remisan

If i like/listen to a song, i'm not afraid to admit it.
I am usually not ashamed either, "I love Belarus" is an exception xcrazy But I like it, yes :LOL:
I love many unpopular songs and don't like many winners of Eurovision
One of my favourite eurovisions song is San-Marino 2008, and I think that it is very underrated, I realy like Georgia2019 and Spain2010. But they are not guilty pleasure :mrgreen:

Elina UA

You know what a guilty pleasure is I assume. Belarus appears 4 times on my list, wow! Somehow I couldn't find a similar topic anywhere here which did surprise me.
For me
:by: 2014 'Cheesecake'
This is the favourite ever ESC song of my mom. I like it too. xcheer

Some unpopular (or such that get a lot of open dislike) ESC entries that I enjoyed a lot (not sure whether I feel guilty about it though)
:ru: 2010
This is my favourite Russia's entry. For once sending quality to the contest. xqueenbitchxmusic
(Russians, on the contrary, hate it.xrofl)

I really don't get what to be ashamed of.xup

Iker

Veteran
This is the favourite ever ESC song of my mom. I like it too. xcheer

This is my favourite Russia's entry. For once sending quality to the contest. xqueenbitchxmusic
(Russians, on the contrary, hate it.xrofl)

I really don't get what to be ashamed of.xup
Yeah, but many openly dislike it and complain about this finishing so high (10th I think).

Remisan

I like Russia 2010 (really good song) and 2012 (because Babushki are funny and cute)

Iker

Veteran
Was a song 'Vampires Are Alive' your guilty pleasure? I have seen people telling that somewhere else.

Top Bottom