Contact us

What are you still listening to? (NF songs from years ago)

Romeo

Recently I've found myself listening to Murphy Brothers "Picking up the pieces". Tinka "I wish I was a child again", Dusty Cowshit "Chicken Rodeo". Need to see if Crash! "Wannabe" is on spotify so I can add that to a list.

Are you still listening to any old NF songs?

Mimmon

Veteran
What a tune I recently re-discovered
Studio is better of course

Sammy

Veteran
The oldest NF song that's on my iPod is: :fr: Mirelle Mathieu - C'est ton nom (1966)
The NF song that I have listened to the most so far are: :es: Coral Seovia - En una vida (2010) and :ee: Grete Paia - Rääkimata Lood (2016)
The NF song that I put on my iPod the most recently is: :ru: 2Mashi - Bitter words (2021)
The NF song I listened to most recently is: :gr: Manos Pyrovolakis - Kivotos tou Noe (2010)

Nando

I didn't know Mireille took part in the NF, gotta listen to that song right now!

esc87fan

:se: En varld full av strider
:sm: Out of the Twilight
:fr: Tous les deux
:uk: Sweet Lies
:pl: Lucy (:cz:)
:se: In The Middle

lasse braun

she was not ukrain enough if I remember correctly? xqueenbitch
wonderful song xheart and maybe a winner in some other countries like the baltic states,finland or so?

goncalovieira

There are amazing songs from the past... To name a few...

Finland NF 2013 - Mikael Saari
Portugal NF 2019 - Ana Cláudia
Italy NF 2018 - Lo Stato Sociale
Sweden NF 2013 - Terese Fredenwall
Albania NF 2020 - Elvana Gjata

So many good potential entries... I still miss the good old Eesti Laul with the grand finales in Nokia Concert Hall, or the MGP editions from 2012 to 2016.

Ezio

Veteran
Telemovéis

Dancing in the stars

Kairit

Most are not very old, but Dotter's Bulletproof is the ultimate.......... melodic brilliance.

Faith Kakembo's Crying Rivers that got left in the dust in Melfest is probably my most played national final song though. It's in most of my Spotify playlists lol... I love it so much. It's magical.

Me Ne Frego is also a staple in my playlists if i need a mood boost. Changed my life lol.

Margaret's In My Cabana is also a jam that comes up on Spotify quite often. A bop for the ages.
And... Oscar Enestad's I Love It. :lol: It's pop perfection.

lasse braun

believe me or not - i have heard this masterpiece for the first time around 3 weeks ago in the aussievision NF top100 radioshow!
have not seen sanremo 2018 in a stream,so no knowledge about this masterpiece - a gently warm ballad like this happens every 10-20 years!
i have no idea why not won sanremo but with this in the ESC ...sorry netta but i think the winner would have been someone else. xqueenbitch

mauve

Veteran
2005 Vanilla Ninja - Cool Vibes (Switzerland)

2007 Magdi Rúzsa - Unsubstantial Blues (Hungary)

2008 Mor ve Ötesi - Deli (Turkey)

2013 Margaret Berger - I Feed You My Love (Norway)

2015 Elina Born & Stig Rästa - Goodbye To Yesterday (Estonia)

lasse braun

...i'm sober again. xcookie
latvia 2018 - a wonderful song sung by an unknown band - maybe the better option for latvia that year?

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Rediscovered this gem from way way back, featuring of course the King and Queen of unintentional comedy, Sven Lõhmus and Laura Põldvere.

Laura - "Sunflowers"

On the surface, it's a silly pop song about how we should all be like Sunflowers but once you start paying attention it becomes apparent that "Sunflowers" is full of insane asylum energy xheart The typical progression goeslike this:

First listen: Aww, a cute inconspicious pop song with synth undertones about flowers xheart

Second listen: lol why am I cackling whenever Sven chimes in full Cher voice?

Third listen: Wait... why are we suddenly talking about "winning the future brain" and "beating superhuman race"?

Fourth listen: HOW THEY STRETCH IN A TOWER, JUST LIKE SOME FLOWERS.

unspecified amount of listens later: n00n3 c4n b3 p4rt 0f $up3rhum4n r4c3 th3r3$ n00n3 4r0und t0 win th3 futur3 br4in d0nt 3v3n think 0f it y0ull g0 ins4n3

Top Bottom