Contact us

What are you currently reading?

Yamarus

I'm currently reading Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'.

I also have a few other books whose reading is pending ('cause I have no patience and always switch to a new book when I'm bored), including Mitterand's biography by Jean Lacouture, Ferdinand Bordewijk's "Karakter" (1930s Dutch modernism), and Isaac Asimov's classic "Foundation" saga...
So many books, so little time!

Last edited:

CPV4931

"Der Schimmelreiter" by Theodor Storm. The book is quite old, but still today, it´s absolutley epic.

Qele_Armenia

I'm reading The Hound of the Baskervilles by Conan Doyle.before that I finished The Master of Balantre by Stevenson(one of my fav.authors.also I adore French literature,especially written by Dumas.many of his books I've read)

Yamarus

I'm reading a Québécois phrasebook. I love phrasebooks, I have one for at least thirty languages and dialects. I'm a big language geek.

c94

"Bună seara, Melania" (Good evening, Melanie), by Rodica Ojog-Brașoveanu, Romania's Agatha Christie. :D

Gerly

Dear John by Nicholas Sparks. It's my 3rd time. And I still love every page of this book! :D

Grinch

Lord of the Flies by William Golding

Yamarus

I'm about to start "The Mote in God's Eye", space opera classic by Jerry Pournelle and Larry Niven.

And I'm about to finish a Dutch post-war classic, "De Donkere Kamer van Damokles" (The darkroom of Damocles) by Willem Frederik Hermans.

I'm also reading Ivo Andric's masterpiece "Na Drini ćuprija", in its French translation "Le pont sur la Drina". It's a fascinating insight on life in a town on the Bosnia-Serbia border throughout the centuries.

Last edited:

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
"Minns Du Den Stad" (Do You Remember The City) by Per Anders Fogelström. The third book in his series about working class life in Stockholm between 1860-1968 that follows the same family, generation after generation. This book covers the period from 1900-1925.

Awesome so far, just like the other two were. It's one of those book series that every Stockholmer should read in their lifetime!

Top Bottom