Contact us

What are you currently reading?

SAYAY

My Hero Academia

HarryUK

Release The Beast: A Drag queen’s guide to life by Bimini Bon Boulash (Drag Race UK Season 2)

Super good book if you’re either LGBT+ and want to expand your knowledge of the community or if you’re an ally and want to learn about the community!

Sultana

Currently Im reading a book called "theory of education and upbringing" because this summer I´m going to enroll in a phd program at my university. I need more theoretical knowledge as long as it is not my specialty. When I was a student I majored in linguistics rather than pedagogy, but found myself in this sphere so now I need to study it deeper

hijirio

Veteran
Memories of My Melancholy Whores
by Gabriel García Márquez

I got it as a present from a close friend.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
My Hero Academia
Are you up to date with the manga ? I started following MHA in 2020, I was pleasantly surprised by the variety of characters and their subtle complexity for a typical shonen manga. However the current last arc didn't go in the direction I hoped it would, it's kinda dull at this point.

SAYAY

Are you up to date with the manga ? I started following MHA in 2020, I was pleasantly surprised by the variety of characters and their subtle complexity for a typical shonen manga. However the current last arc didn't go in the direction I hoped it would, it's kinda dull at this point.
Haha not at all, I only finished vol 1 last week or something :ROFLMAO: My friend loves it but idk what to think of it yet since i am still pretty far behind and have not gotten to the juicy parts yet probably. But in general I have not read a lot of manga so far in my life so its still pretty new to me everything xheyaxyaay

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Haha not at all, I only finished vol 1 last week or something :ROFLMAO: My friend loves it but idk what to think of it yet since i am still pretty far behind and have not gotten to the juicy parts yet probably. But in general I have not read a lot of manga so far in my life so its still pretty new to me everything xheyaxyaay
Whoop, enjoy the ride then :mrgreen: What are the other manga you read ?

SAYAY

Whoop, enjoy the ride then :mrgreen: What are the other manga you read ?
I honestly think the only other manga I have ever read in my life is WITCH but that was ages ago haha. Im still pretty new to the manga game so recommendations is very welcome :love:

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I honestly think the only other manga I have ever read in my life is WITCH but that was ages ago haha. Im still pretty new to the manga game so recommendations is very welcome :love:
I will be very original and recommend my favorite manga, but Fullmetal Alchemist deserves it.
For me, it's the most complete package you could ever get in a story. Aside from well-developed charismatic characters thrown into a believable and complex story, it touches upon everything. Mourning, repentance, politics, philosophy, religions, war, disability, vengeance etc. It's a full coming-out-of-age story that will make you laugh, cry, scream, and smile.
It isn't built with definite story arcs, but more of a main storyline that is intertwined with multiple others that form a big thread the nearer you get to the end.
It has been considered one of the best for years and with reason. I can't think of a better entrance to the manga world as it is accessible to a wider audience without falling into too many clichés.

If you're more into anime, Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) follows the manga up to a certain point and then becomes its own story as the manga wasn't finished when they made it. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (2009) follows the manga. Both are worth watching, even if I always prefer to start with the original material.

SAYAY

I will be very original and recommend my favorite manga, but Fullmetal Alchemist deserves it.
For me, it's the most complete package you could ever get in a story. Aside from well-developed charismatic characters thrown into a believable and complex story, it touches upon everything. Mourning, repentance, politics, philosophy, religions, war, disability, vengeance etc. It's a full coming-out-of-age story that will make you laugh, cry, scream, and smile.
It isn't built with definite story arcs, but more of a main storyline that is intertwined with multiple others that form a big thread the nearer you get to the end.
It has been considered one of the best for years and with reason. I can't think of a better entrance to the manga world as it is accessible to a wider audience without falling into too many clichés.

If you're more into anime, Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) follows the manga up to a certain point and then becomes its own story as the manga wasn't finished when they made it. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (2009) follows the manga. Both are worth watching, even if I always prefer to start with the original material.
Cool! I will try to check it out sometime! Thank you so very much for your tip! :giggle: Hopefully I can check out the anime too!

Sammy

Veteran
Vasquez - El ruido de las cosas al caer.

I‘m not sure, what to think about it after I finished this. It has some very interesting aspects, but also very long boring passages. I don‘t regret having read it, but I‘m unsure if I‘d recommend it to others

Last edited:

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I'm currently reading "The Song of Achilles" by Madeline Miller. It's really scratching that Greek mythology itch.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I've finished "The Song of Achilles". I will never emotionally recover from this. FUCKING GREEK GODS I SWEAR

lilka

"The Little Prince" in Greek. :LOL:

Top Bottom