Contact us

What 2020 acts will have better (or worse) entries in 2021?

John1

:fr: won't have a worse entry than Mon Alliée. That's nearly impossible

Ezio

Veteran
I wonder which escunited acts will have better or worse posts next season

Looren

Veteran
Russia, Germany and Serbia can't have worse acts then 2020

Albania can't have a better song then 2020 it's impossible except if Arilena is again the Albanian representant

macmillanandwife

I'm not really sure about which country sending the same artists as last year would do worse. However, I can say that Austria, Czechia, Georgia, Greece, Moldova, San Marino, and Slovenia can really improve on next year's entries compared to last year. Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Latvia, Malta, Romania, Switzerland and Ukraine are still up in the air as they're too much of a wild card right now.

Ezio

Veteran
I wonder which country would want to win in 2021? Economy is going down a cliff, hosting becomes a financial challenge and if Covid-19 sticks around in 2022, it's also an organizational nightmare.

So, from scratch, which countries would be in it to win it? Germany or Switzerland maybe? Can they save Eurovision?

Which also means, that most countries would likely do worse than this year. Not expecting big hits from Iceland, Lithuania, Bulgaria etc.

Brandt

Meaning? I still think it's a mediocre song, no amount of YT views in the world will change my opinion on that xshrug ... so?
Your opinion won't change the fact that it is still well received.

A-lister

Veteran

What's so hard to comprehend with the topic of this thread? xshrug I suggest you to go back and read what the thread is actually about, it's not about what entries we think will be better or worse "received", but who we think will end up with a better or worse entry next year and that my friend comes down to taste really, there's no "right or wrong" answers here (heck we don't even know the 2021 entries yet so it's all just speculative at this point really and based on our opinions on the 2020 entries).

As for a side-topic if "Uno" was "well received" or not, well I don't question its YT popularity obviously, but the reaction to the song alone was so so around the board I'd say, I wouldn't say that it got universal praise if that's what you meant with "well received", but if you refer to YT views alone then sure it was "well received" but I wouldn't use that as a sole measurement tbh. Also, since we ended up with no 2020 edition of the contest, we have no idea how the entry (or any entry for that matter) would have ended up in the actual contest so it's really hard to say.

Last edited:

Brandt

I suggest you to go back and read what the thread is actually about, it's not about what entries we think will be better or worse "received", but who we think will end up with a better or worse entry next year
Nothing is out of context here by my side. I shared my feelings on what Little Big's potential next attempt would be like, claiming their entry was already well received this year. You were the one taking that "well received" part out of my post and having anti-arguments and carrying it over ever since by simply replying. If that bothers you this much, you may as well not have taken that part to reply me in the first place? Then attempting to remind me what this thread is about just because I reply to your nonsense posts and just because you have nothing to say is rather quite poor and funny.

While I am at it, I may perfectly elaborate on my first statement as well.

Although we haven't heard from Russian broadcaster anything regarding selecting Little Big once again, despite of the fact that odds are likely since their representation was well received in Russian community, as well as international fans, I find it hard for Little Big to hit their next entry as well as they have done with Uno. It will be very challenging for them, should they represent Russia in 2021.

The reason why I brought up their popularity in the community was regarding why Russian broadcaster would have a reason to select them again, not anything regarding of a comparison between their entries.

and guess what?

someone named a-lister who later accuses me of taking threads out of context, responds to an irrelevant part just because they feel like it. as in,

Well received? Uno had a fun video but the song was mediocre, if anything they can do much better...

And then the thing gets carried over again.

only for me to be accused of taking thread out of context.

i am so done with this and your nonsense claims at this point.

and if it comes down to the point where i get to be questioned on what i get to say and what not, it will come very handy if you block me. because there is no point in visiting forums when people like yourself making nonsense claims every now and then when they see something they dont like.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
@LesterMalvo

I'm not sure if we are just misunderstanding each other here, but you can scream in caps-locks all you want if that makes you feel better, but how about a reminder to what quote of yours I actually reacted to? xshrug

^ I am not sure how to "get this" comment, but whether an entry was well received (arguable) or not is beyond the point really, because one can still dislike it and think an act can come up with something better for 2021 (if they are chosen that is), and that's the topic of the thread and the point I was trying to make all along and if for some reason those points are irrelevant to you, then yes I'm afraid you did miss the point of the whole thread.

Last edited:

Brandt

^ I am not sure how to "get this" comment, but whether an entry was well received (arguable) or not is beyond the point really, because one can still dislike it and think an act can come up with something better for 2021 (if they are chosen that is), and that's the topic of the thread

then why this post? You could as well simply just say you don't like their entries and that's it. If you worry about it that much, you never needed to elaborate on it by "well received uhhh???????"

Well received? Uno had a fun video but the song was mediocre, if anything they can do much better...

A-lister

Veteran
then why this post? You could as well simply just say you don't like their entries and that's it. If you worry about it that much, you never needed to elaborate on it by "well received uhhh???????"

Look, just to wrap this up, that's the whole thing, I was basically saying I think they can do better since I am not a fan of their 2020 entry, then you go on about how that opinion isn't relevant and so on because it was "well received" xshrug

I basically wrote 2 lines in response to the "well received" thing initially, hardly some "elaborate" answer lol but since you became so defensive about it for whatever reason I did elaborate a bit further on it, trust me i'm not worried nor upset about it (why should I be??), the only thing that put me off was when you basically said that my opinion on the song is irrelevant when in fact that's the topic of the thread.

Maybe there is a thread out there to discuss what entries were "best/worst received" from 2020, and that can be an interesting discussion on its own, but a well received entry can still be disliked and vice versa, we don't have to have the same opinion on things do we?

So I dunno, I think it's time to burying the hatchet here because it seems its more of a misunderstanding and nothing else.

Brandt

you basically said that my opinion on the song is irrelevant
that never happened? i said the fact that you dont like it doesnt change the fact that it is popular among fans lol. i would never say someone's opinion is irrelevant.

A-lister

Veteran
that never happened? i said the fact that you dont like it doesnt change the fact that it is popular among fans lol. i would never say someone's opinion is irrelevant.

Well, it depends on how you read your comments to be honest, but I see clear now that we were just misunderstanding eachother so i'm sorry for that.

Sabrewulf238

Personally I really really loved the entries from Iceland (Think About Things) and Ukraine (Solovey) this year....so I'm having doubts about them surpassing that in 2021.

I'm sure I'll still love whatever they bring though.

A-lister

Veteran
I'm a bit concerned about Samanta Tina's song on that front too, I might even have her follow-up high but win again?

Win what? Or you mean she was your personal winner of 2020?

I personally never liked any of her attempts for Eurovision, the 2020 included, but that one was at least slightly better than her previous ones so i'm slightly optimistic that it can only go upwards...

Top Bottom