Contact us

Weather around the world

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
In France they even reported the end of middle school's exam, the Brevet. It's funny how every year they go into emergency while in fact cold kills twice more than heat.
(Okay, the 2003 heatwave and its 20000 death in France may have traumatized them)

Needless to say, I was glad I was in the mountains these past three days, with 80 km/h gusts of wind at least I didn't melt.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
We haven't been hit with a heathwave in the north of Sweden so far *knocks on wood*. The past few days we've been hovering around 16-18ºC, sometimes overcast, sometimes sunshine. But quite humid (and barely any wind), so the air feels warmer and stickier than what it actually is. The coming ten days seem to be quite pleasantly cool, so crossing all fingers the forecast comes true. xpray

Last summer's heatwave was the worst I'd ever experienced. Not due to the temperatures we got (I've experienced worse), but because of how long it lasted. Day after day the exact same hot temperatures and sunshine with absolutely no break from it all and it lasted for a month and a half. It was honestly anxiety inducing. We're not used to that static, never-ending, never-changing hot weather and our houses and buildings aren't built for it. They're mostly built to trap heat in with triple-glazed windows and virtually no AC to speak of.

MyHeartIsYours

Here there has been no heatwave (there has been in other parts of the country), though several warm days in the low to mid-20'sºC. I think mid-20's is the best temperature for summer, the only problem with the warm/hot weather is the hay fever :( About 30ºC (as we had last year) is nice if you are just relaxing, but I don't think I'd like it hotter than that... I cannot imagine 40+ºC like they've had in France! :eek:

DenizESC

Banned
In Turkey I feel so blessed when its 30+C° walking in Antalya along the palm trees and slight breeze entering summer parties gives me all sorts of life.

Then in NL I feel like I"m melting sometimes, its 19C° rains one day, sunny other day each time XD

But def I'm not affected like you Germans and Britts, it even is funny to me sometimes. Embrace the heat y'all and become even sexier

Citelis

We have 40‎°C for days here and looks like that all the summer will be like that.

Citelis

I think that the Greek weather is not normal anymore. Maybe the climate change has affected us.

MyHeartIsYours

We had a tornado in the city on Friday! It wasn't close to me, but at the time it was happening there was torrential rain like I have never seen before, the roads were like rivers. It took all weekend for my shoes to dry!

Fastforward to today and it was bright sun and 30°C! Supposed to be thunderstorms tonight and the hottest day is expected to be Thursday.

Himan

Well... You know this country wet and foggy, well. Temperatures surpassed 40 today for the first time since measuring. Which is about 2 more than before yesterday...

MyHeartIsYours

Today we had 32°C, the "feels like" temperature was 38°C... I normally like hot weather but today was too hot for me xheat

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
:se: Umeå
27°C | real feel 27°C
Hot, sunny and humid xfaint

Sunrise: 03:30
Sunset: 22:00

We've had nonstop sunshine and around 27 degrees this entire past week and I'm dying here. :( I don't know how y'all do it, who have this kind of heat (and worse) for months and months or even throughout the whole year. We're not used to it and our houses aren't built for it. I have no AC and there's no window in my small bedroom, so I can't sleep properly at night due to the lingering heat inside.

Luckily it seems like this little heatwave is only for this week. The forecast is already predicting blessed cool temperatures for next week, so I'm praying to all Weather Gods it'll come true. xpray

MyHeartIsYours

It still has to be confirmed but it looks like Thursday was the hottest day ever recorded in British history - 38.7°C peak in Cambridge! This beats the previous record, 38.5°C in Faversham in 2003.

tomos2019

It still has to be confirmed but it looks like Thursday was the hottest day ever recorded in British history - 38.7°C peak in Cambridge! This beats the previous record, 38.5°C in Faversham in 2003.

In Cornwall it actually hasn't been that hot, it's just been around 20 degrees or something!

Top Bottom