WorldVision

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
h6mUi0T.jpg

:wale: Wales in WV :wale:

Last edited by a moderator:

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Re: WALES / CYMRU ♣ WV 84 ♣ THE SOLAR ECLIPSE OF GAYNOR HOPKINS (SF3)

HUGE THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO SAW BONNIE INTO THE FINAL!!!! xcheer xlove xhug Overjoyed to be here with my iconic co-juror xrunhug

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Re: WALES / CYMRU ♣ WV 84 ♣ THE SOLAR ECLIPSE OF GAYNOR HOPKINS (SF3)

WV85: STEPS NF

Yes, with semi final results over, the Prince of :wale: is already thinking ahead to next edition xcheer I am overjoyed to announce that the iconic pop quintet STEPS will be coming to take over the Worldvision in WV85! However, with so many iconic songs, I am coming to you for help choosing which one. Without further ado, the songs!!

1. Scared Of The Dark

2. One For Sorrow

3. Tragedy

4. Story Of A Heart

Usual voting for my NFs where you take any 4 from 12-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 no repeats allowed!

Text List:

Deadline: Day before entry submission deadline for WV85 most likely!
Votes to... LUPUS as t'will just be me next edition

Thanks for listening and enjoy the NF :D

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: WALES / CYMRU ♣ WV 84 ♣ THE SOLAR ECLIPSE OF GAYNOR HOPKINS (IN THE FINAL YAAY!!!) AND STEPS NF

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

Claire from Steps going to WorldVision.............................................. with the rest of Stepsxheart How wonderful. My favourite childhood group who were responsible for making me fall in love with music. God bless their sweet, sugary, infectious pop bops of which I am still rather fond. You're on a slay roll Robert. I'll vote soon.

MenacingShockedGhostshrimp-max-1mb.gif

Claire from Stepsxlove

LastDreamer

Banned
Re: WALES / CYMRU ♣ WV 84 ♣ THE SOLAR ECLIPSE OF GAYNOR HOPKINS (IN THE FINAL YAAY!!!) AND STEPS NF

^ Did you hear H & Claire iconic pop album ?

Faye always was my favourite. xheart

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

^ Did you hear H & Claire iconic pop album ?

Faye always was my favourite. xheart

I didn't hear the album, but I remember the singles. Faye was my favourite too actually when I was younger, but with time i've grown to love Claire's voice the most. All the girls from the group are great though. "Heartbeat/Tragedy" was the first cassette I ever bought, and "Step One" was the first cd I owned. I still have it today but in a very worn condition though from how much I played it when I was a child:lol:

LastDreamer

Banned

I didn't hear the album, but I remember the singles
Possibly I said it before, but it's my all-time # 1 favourite album.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Possibly I said it before, but it's my all-time # 1 favourite album.

Even over YVA albums?:eek: I will have to check it out. It's on Spotify so I can hear it later. Right now i'm listening to "Step One". Bringing back many memories. I love the album tracks "Back To You", "Love U More" and "This Heart Will Love Again". It's been over a decade since I last heard them. I'm feeling really nostalgic for this kind of pop at the moment. I want to listen to some songs from "Buzz" next. That's a great album too. And maybe i'll then play the Scooch albumxheart

LastDreamer

Banned

Some years ago in pre-Lithuanian era it was my all-time favourite album.
Maybe one day I will compile my top 100 favourite albums list (exclude retro classic such as Twiggy, Lynsey De Paul, ABBA, Blondie e.t.c)
Possible time period : from 1994 to 2012.

LastDreamer

Banned

And maybe i'll then play the Scooch albumxheart
Scooch album is very good.

Also for Steps' fans I always recommend allSTARS* album.

AllSTARS%2A_album_cover.jpeg

Rebecca. xlove

Rebecca-Hunter-poster_1369405_b.jpg

Eulaliya

Re: WALES / CYMRU ♣ WV 84 ♣ THE SOLAR ECLIPSE OF GAYNOR HOPKINS TAKES OVER WV

Well, it's been a blast! The Welsh delegation are celebrating their first-ever victory through the evergreen Bonnie Tyler!! xcheer

And as for the host city, after sometime of brainstorming my instincts have been spoken that WV85 will take place in...

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

xheat make sure to keep all your valuables close to you.

Didn't expect any other city, good luck hosting. :D

revallsay

Aww, I hoped for Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.

Eulaliya

Aww, I hoped for Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.

Don't worry, it's included in Semi themes which involve touring around Wales! :D

esc87fan

Ooh, can't wait to come to Cardiff! Even if Big G has to tow me there himself!

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

Just to confirm that the Steps NF has ofc been postponed. I'll get it up and running again for my next entry after this edition! :)

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

The Prince and Princess are delighted to announce that our PQ has been chosen after much secret deliberation and plotting. We feel it's the perfect song to celebrate being here in :wale: and hope you will enjoy it! :D

Eulaliya

Re: WALES / CYMRU ♣ WV 85 ♣ ???

:wale: WV Wales presents :wale:

CALAN
"Tale of Two Dragons / Chwedl y Ddwy Ddraig"

sain-s3-amazonaws-com-album_images-sain-ll029b-400x397.jpg

Fiddles, guitar, accordion, bagpipes and step dancing explode into life as Calan perform songs and tunes from their album "Dinas." Infectious guitar rhythms and high voltage routines give way to beautiful and haunting songs as they begin touring throughout 2015 to celebrate their latest release. Amongst the traditional Welsh melodies and brand new original material, they breathe fire into the folk tale of Merlin and The Two Dragons: A song to be released as a single in March that tells the story of why there is a dragon on the Welsh flag.

The title Dinas is taken from the name Dinas Emrys, a mountain in Gwynedd, North Wales. During the 5th century it is believed two dragons once slept within the mountain hidden in the depths of a secret lake. During the night the dragons would awake and fight making the ground shake and tremor. When the Celtic king Vortigern attempted to build a castle on the hill in the 5th century the stones and walls were repeatedly shaken to the ground. The legend says the problem was solved by a nine year old boy gifted with magic. His name was Merlin and Wales had found a great magician and the emblem for its flag.

In 1945 the site was excavated by archaeologists who discovered a lake and the ruins of a fortress dating to Vortigern’s time. The walls showed signs of having been rebuilt several times. So be careful where you tread…

And there it is, the last Welsh entry under my five-edition reign (phew!) and the second one under my joint reign with the Blackadder. Hope you like our PQ entry and see ya in the final! xcheer

Eulaliya

Re: WALES / CYMRU ♣ WV 85 ♣ CALAN - TALE OF TWO DRAGONS / CHWEDL Y DDWY DDRAIG (PQ)

And now the Princess of Wales has concluded her five-edition reign with a blast, leaving a very good impression on her part. The Welsh key of leadership has now passed on to the Prince Blackadder, and the Damsel has headed off to a very distant land she calls her Asian neighbour, Indonesia.

This is her last post in Welsh thread. Diolch yn fawr a hwyl! Now signing off xwave

Top Bottom