Wales

WorldVision

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
h6mUi0T.jpg

:wale: Wales in WV :wale:

Last edited by a moderator:

Fierro

Re: WALES / CYMRU ♣ WV 81 ♣ LUCIE JONES & SETH LAKEMAN - THE BALLAD OF MIDSOMER COUNTY (SF1)

I'm shocked at some people's NF points to this song. Very nice sound, Eulaliya, wish you good luck with this entry in semifinal!

Eulaliya

Re: WALES / CYMRU ♣ WV 81 ♣ LUCIE JONES & SETH LAKEMAN - THE BALLAD OF MIDSOMER COUNTY (SF1)

Oh, and there's something I forgot to add to (darn ye uni!).

I am pleased to present to you a haunting folk ballad sung by Cardiff songstress Lucie Jones accompanied by the lilting melodies of Devon folk musician Seth Lakeman. It's about the encounter between a young man named John Henry and the fair maiden from Midsomer County, which sadly culminates in murder for reason of frustration over her unrequited love for him. Remember Midsomer Murders? If you don't, then you're missing out the haunting mystery that looms behind the song.

Sit back and enjoy the Land of Song's return under my reign! xcheer

Eulaliya

Re: WALES / CYMRU ♣ WV 81 ♣ LUCIE JONES & SETH LAKEMAN - THE BALLAD OF MIDSOMER COUNTY (QUALIFIED FOR THE FINAL)

YASS WE MADE IT AT LAST!!! DIOLCH YN FAWR!! xlove xcheer

A million thanks to you who make it possible for me to qualify with the return of the Land of Song. After seven editions of failing, another blessing awaits! THANK YOU!! DIOLCH!!! xlove

Eulaliya

Re: WALES / CYMRU ♣ WV 81 ♣ LUCIE JONES & SETH LAKEMAN - THE BALLAD OF MIDSOMER COUNTY (QUALIFIED FOR THE FINAL)

For next edition, our NF plans are suspended in light of our qualification. Instead we will internally select one of our personal fave gems in Welsh language, or yn Cymraeg. Hints and/or guesses will be revealed soon!

Eulaliya

Re: WALES / CYMRU ♣ WV 81 ♣ #LucieJones IN THE FINAL! + GUESS THE NEXT ARTIST FOR WV82!

Alright, it's time to guess our next artist for WV82!
Hint:

Eulaliya

Re: WALES / CYMRU ♣ WV 82 ♣ A HAUNTING GEM YN CYMRAEG

DIOLCH YN FAWR FFRINDIAU!!! xlove

Lucie Jones & Seth Lakeman - The Ballad of Midsomer County
SF1: 70 pts - 6th plc (84 pts - 2nd plc REJU) | Final: 152 pts - 13th plc

FFINAL:
:12: :lt:
:10: ::sthm :tn: :lond:
:8: :neus: :jp:
:7: :si:mo :ma:
:6: ::atti :lv: :svea: :pt: :fi: :sc:
:5: :ca: :is: :nl:
:4: ::nswa ::rw
:3: :us: :za: :md: ::mida
:2: :ua:
:1: ::uusi

SEMI-FFINAL:
:12: :lt: :ua: ::sthm :jp:
:10: :fi: :lond:
:8: :is:
:7: :za: :ma: ::nswa :svea: :nz:
:6: ::mida :neus: :us: :sc:
:5: xpokerface
:4: :ca:
:3: :at:
:2: ::uusi :west:
:1: :ie:

Eulaliya

Re: WALES / CYMRU ♣ WV 82 ♣ A HAUNTING GEM YN CYMRAEG - GUESS WHO?

Time to resume the sneak-peek for our next entry!

It's also a haunting folkish Rainy-like entry, also sung by a female. Band hint is given in an earlier spoiler above.

The first one who guesses correctly will be given an opportunity to suggest one song for the next NF.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

9Bach?xheat

I must confess I cheated though. I wrote "Welsh bands" into google and they were the very first thing to come up. I could have just counted the Bach's myselfxshifty

"Haunting folkish Rainy-like entry" sounds awesome! I can't wait to hear the songxheart

Eulaliya

Correct guess Kai! xclap xcheer
As a prize, you'll be given an opportunity to suggest a song for the next NF, just PM me! :D

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Correct guess Kai! xclap xcheer
As a prize, you'll be given an opportunity to suggest a song for the next NF, just PM me! :D

Yaaaaay! That's an amazing prizexheat Thank you.

I might get my thinking cap on and send you a bunch of songs if I may, and then just let you choose one for the NF. I don't want there being the danger of you possibly sending a song you don't even like. I do certainly have few Welsh icons up my sleeve though that I hope you'll enjoyxheart

celebrity-big-brother-uk-lauren-harries-enters-the-house-o.gif

Eulaliya

Re: WALES / CYMRU ♣ WV 82 ♣ 9BACH - LLIWIAU (SF3) - CELEBRATING THE COLOURS OF THE WELSH LANGUAGE!

:wale: WV Wales presents :wale:

9BACH
"Lliwiau"

Note: Click this pic above for studio version!

Live Performance

Lliwiau means Colours. It's a song written about childbirth. All the colours you can see when you close your eyes and the instant love that you feel for this soul that comes out.

Tincian is 9Bach's second album. It's an atmospheric, emotional record that reflects their home environment of Gerlan, North Wales. As Lisa Jen explains, 'tincian can mean a lot of things, to move with a tinkling sound, to ring and make a clear sound. Depending on what area of Wales you are from, the meaning varies. It comes to life in dialogue when you use sentences like "I gave him such a talking to, he didn't know what had hit him...he was 'tincian'." It's almost like a cartoon image of someone's head being hit by a hammer'.

Eulaliya

Re: WALES / CYMRU ♣ WV 83 ♣ EISTEDDFOD NF + LL TOMORROW 20 CET

...and back to the flop mode! 17th place and 43 points aren't that bad for a Welsh-language entry like "Lliwiau", just like Ghazalaw's "Lusa Lân" under [MENTION=8788]chontono[/MENTION]'s Indian era with 53 points at 13th place. Diolch yn fawr for all the points to 9Bach! The Welsh delegation loves y'all!! xlove

While waiting for Kai to send a suggestion (10th slot) for the NF, I'm happy to say that the 10-song Eisteddfod National Final will commence with the LL tomorrow at 20CET at Freedom Room. See ya there ffrindiau! xwave

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Re: WALES / CYMRU ♣ WV 83 ♣ EISTEDDFOD NF + LL TOMORROW 20 CET

I'm happy to say that the 10-song Eisteddfod National Final will commence with the LL tomorrow at 20CET at Freedom Room. See ya there ffrindiau! xwave

You might want to make that Wednesday given that the final LL is on then... I'd love to come along and will definitely vote one way or the other! xcheer

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Re: WALES / CYMRU ♣ WV 83 ♣ EISTEDDFOD NF NOW UP

[MENTION=15323]Eulaliya[/MENTION], am I being daft, or have you not put the NF up yet?

Eulaliya

[MENTION=15323]Eulaliya[/MENTION], am I being daft, or have you not put the NF up yet?
Just making the show, banners and all. It will be up shortly! :D

Eulaliya

t9YIz2k.jpg

Croeso ffrindiau! Welcome to the Welsh National Final based on the Eisteddfod, the annual festival of music, arts and talents! Here, ten songs from ten acts of all genres compete for a chance to represent the Land of Song in next edition's WV. Whose star will gloriously shine from Wales to the world? You decide with your votes! And without further ado, here are the deg caneuon (ten songs):

Note: The square banners are decorated with paintings by the talented Welsh artist Rhiannon Roberts. And the tenth song is suggested by [MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION], many thanks to him! xlove
And next edition will be the last one under my solo reign, but I have to wait until WV85 before I move on somewhere in the comfortable side of Europe.

Copy-paste List:

Voting:
Send your votes in Traditional ESC-style (12-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1) to Eulaliya aka the Princess of Ravenclaw Tower, or whatever you wish to call me.
The deadline will be on August 28th at 20 CET.
Happy listening and have fun! xcheer

Diolch am bleidleisio:
::sthm ::sg :li:sb ::mida

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

::sthm has voted in this delight of an NF!! Lots of lovely songs to enjoy; come along people and vote! xcheer Best of luck Princess of Ravenclaw Tower! xlove

Eulaliya

While waiting for more voters to come up, let me thank y'all for voting for 9Bach in semi. It may flop the way India sent Ghazalaw's enchanting Welsh entry (a bit disappointed but not surprised tbh) but "Lliwiau" with all its mystical form will live on to our hearts! xlove

:12: xpokerface
:10: xpokerface
:8: :jp:
:7: ::atti
:6: :nl: ::mida
:5: ::sthm :za:
:4: :us: ::uusi :il: :at:
:3: ::ostl :md: :sc:
:2: :ca: ::nswa :svea:
:1: :ie: :fi:

And I have awesome news to tell ye! To cap off my Welsh reign, the Blackadder will be returning to his home ground to join us Welsh brethren in a spectacular astronomical event yet to come, no further details given for now. Our welcome ceremony will commence after the flopping/slaying of our NF winner in WV83 semis! Diolch yn fawr! xheya

Eulaliya

My sincere thanks to Robert and SwedishFailurez for your awesome votes! Here is what they rank things:

For those who have yet to vote, you have until August 28th at 20 CET to do so. Enjoy! xheya

Top Bottom