Contact us

Waiting Iist of Shelley & Nici is 14 years old now!

Does Severina like it when horses are fed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

strajker

Re: Waiting Iist of SNTJTKDJE 168 - Cancelled?

I want to make a personal statement regarding the future participation of Waiting Iist of Shelley & Nici, Tanner & Josh, Tiffany & Krista and Denise & James Earl.

Following the events of Nation Song Contest 167, but also after questioning where my life is going at this point, I am strongly rethinking future participation in Nation Song Contest. This absurdly long edition makes it easy to have one of those moments like when you give up on a TV series because there was a super long pause in-between seasons. This feels like it might be the easiest time for me to withdraw without feeling way too bad about it.

In the beginning I stayed because of the people, at some point also because of the songs I found out, but these days it's getting into "to share my entry with others and find 5-10 new songs per month (or two at this rate)".

But considering that a good part of the people from the contest that I talk with these days are no longer or barely in it has made me rethink my choices about staying in "for the people". In the past 2 years I have also found it increasingly harder to relate to the songs and have stopped REJU voting in most of the editions due to lack of time (which is also why I have quit Spinoffs and every other forum contest here and elsewhere).

However, I still feel like Nation Song Contest has a special place, and that if I can't make the free time to vote in one semi and one final per month then maybe something else might be the issue with me.

If NSC 168 ever happens, I will rethink participating in it, and if it ends up being a skipped edition then see based on my feelings about that how I would really feel about withdrawing.

After all, one of the things that kept me from ever skipping an edition has been the whole 117 consecutive editions thing.

UPDATE:

5 minutes after posting this, I think that withdrawing and just posting would have been entries in this thread might be the solution while checking out the entries.

strajker

Re: Waiting Iist of SNTJTKDJE 168 - Steve Maitland & Ed Lima - Time (Final entry)

After rethinking the withdrawal from Nation Song Contest about 1273 times these past days, the time has come to make a decision, after 118 editions and 9 years, I will be blocking my vision and Nation Song Contest 168 will be my last. [MENTION=4597]Stargazer[/MENTION] consider this my withdrawal PM.

Final entry of Waiting Iist of Shelley & Nici, Tanner & Josh, Tiffany & Krista and Denise & James Earl:
Steve Maitland & Ed Lima - Time

Other choices for my final entry were:
Iiris Vesik - Sapphire
Steve Maitland & Ed Lima - Shadows
Jeremy Soule - Restoration

THIS TIME IT IS FINAL.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Re: Waiting Iist of SNTJTKDJE 168 - Steve Maitland & Ed Lima - Time (Final entry)

After rethinking the withdrawal from Nation Song Contest about 1273 times these past days, the time has come to make a decision, after 118 editions and 9 years, I will be blocking my vision and Nation Song Contest 168 will be my last. [MENTION=4597]Stargazer[/MENTION] consider this my withdrawal PM.
So sad to see you go, strajki! :( xrunhug I understand the decision, though. You still have time to change your mind during the course of the 168 edition.

nofuxCZ

Although I understand and I've also thought about withdrawing several times, I still hope you reconsider your decision. Would be a big loss for NSC to lose another iconic, old nation xrunhug

theditz83

Veteran

:( There will never now be a chance to memorise the full name of your nation, and this makes me sad...

I'm gutted that you have reached this stage, but understand and if it is your last hurrah, let's make sure it's a monumental one xlove

strajker

:( There will never now be a chance to memorise the full name of your nation, and this makes me sad...

I'm gutted that you have reached this stage, but understand and if it is your last hurrah, let's make sure it's a monumental one xlove

Heh just watch The Amazing Race Seasons 25 and 27! :D

Jukica

(Retired) Admin

Gonna miss you [MENTION=5042]strajker[/MENTION] :( :( Oli already left NSC a while ago as well

EurovisionSmile

Veteran

I'm honestly sad with your decision. :( You're an iconic member of this contest. xheart I wish this was your advanced 1st Aprl joke. :(

strajker

Re: Waiting Iist of SNTJTKDJE 168 - Steve Maitland & Ed Lima - Empire Earth (Final entry)

Thanks to all for the kind posts, to make sure I post this on not April 1, it is April 2 and while I have already regretted my decision a couple of times, it still stands as final, and Nation Song Contest 168 is my last. It was a sudden and unexpected decision to write that withdrawal post, but I stand by it. On the 11th of April, it will be 9 years since I have joined, and I am thankful to everyone who have contributed to all of the events that I have experienced here. Thankful for everyone I have met from here both online and in real life. And especially thankful for all the awesome songs I never would have found out about!

This does not mean that I will be completely leaving the forum (although I haven't really been around anyway), and I still hope that I will get to hear the songs that would be my favourites in the upcoming editions.

I wish that sending a medley of all these songs that I would have wished to be my last entry would be possible, but since it is not/it would be a dick move, I have decided to change my entry and mention all of them below. (Which I kind of already did in my withdrawal/NSC 168 was-supposed-to-be-entry post.)

*------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have came to a sudden realization that I have actually never sent this despite being completely sure I did enter this. Therefore, I have decided to change my entry for this edition.

I feel like the tone of this entry is going to be the suitable one for the end of Waiting Iist of Shelley & Nici, Tanner & Josh, Tiffany & Krista and Denise & James Earl's and my as well journey at NSC, and I find it a satisfactory ending.

Final final entry of Waiting Iist of Shelley & Nici, Tanner & Josh, Tiffany & Krista and Denise & James Earl:
Steve Maitland & Ed Lima - Empire Earth Theme

Terra imperium
Terra imperium
Armipotentis
Hostilis
Formidabilis
Sanguinis
Aedifico
Exploro
Imperator
Supera
Terra tua
Terra tua.
Empire Earth
Empire Earth
A powerful army,
hostile,
formidable,
bloody.
I build.
I explore.
I lead.
I conquer.
Your Earth.
Your Earth.

Other choices for my final entry were:
Steve Maitland & Ed Lima - Time
Iiris Vesik - Sapphire
Steve Maitland & Ed Lima - Shadows
Jeremy Soule - Restoration

BEEJ.

dogmeat

Re: Waiting Iist of SNTJTKDJE 168 - Steve Maitland & Ed Lima - Empire Earth (Final entry)

Let us know in advance when you're coming back, so we can shoot all WL first.

strajker

Let us know in advance when you're coming back, so we can shoot all WL first.

I'm not opposed to that idea at any time even if I never do.

strajker

deleted

Last edited:

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Re: Waiting Iist of SNTJTKDJE / Horehronieland - Best of the past 9 years coming April 11 (Tomorrow) / open to Best of category suggestions

Happy Anniversary! :D xheart

Because you've decided to leave, I've decided to tell you how I feel about your farewell entry (not common at all these days, before the results come out xrofl2:: it's one of those that left me completely breathless! xlove xheat

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
Re: Waiting Iist of SNTJTKDJE / Horehronieland - Best of the past 9 years coming April 11 (Tomorrow) / open to Best of category suggestions

[MENTION=5042]strajker[/MENTION] I think that you already know my fave entries from you :D

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

finally got round to voting in your Severina poll x no idea what it was for but I felt a need to vote in a poll about the queen herself.

EurovisionSmile

Veteran

IOTAP You should stay... But one has to respect your decision, ofc. :) I've decided to dedicate to you the song you gave 12 in a semi-final to KI. May your path be as beautiful as this song, Daniel. xheart :D

strajker

deleted the original comment.

just wanted to share this.

strajker

Horehronská Televízia is sorry to inform you that Džej Ramadanovski who has represented Waiting Iist of Shelley & Nici, Tanner & Josh, Tiffany & Krista and Denise & James Earl in NSC 149 has passed away today at the age of 56 due to heart problems. He was already quarantined for a long time due to his condition in which contracting Covid-19 would be fatal for him, but he has succumbed to his heart problems.

May he rest in peace, and as a reminder,

NSC 149: Džej Ramadanovski - Blago onom ko rano poludi

Top Bottom